The Indian Politics Thread

Really? How does that qualifies her to be a HRD minister?
True, that is a question we should put across to the BJP....!

At least she didn't fake her degrees. I'm sure she will be assisted by experts in the area. What are the achievements of previous highly educated idiots like Sibal anyway?
Even if she fakes it, what difference will it makes. Ministers in India = GOD. They and their ancillaries can do anything.

Yeah, for BJP leaders I see for 1 year and then assess performance. But for AAP, I want to see performance in overnight.
They should stayed for one year.
Anyway people have alread started quesrtioning performance when they questioned Smriti's Educationl background.

Hi iPwnz. You account will be monitored for saying against mudi. say one more word again, you will see yourself in jail. Regarding your question, don't ask for logic. Bhakts never heard of it and they will blindly support.
lol. I read about some guy who was arrested for defaming Modi and who claimed to be an AAP supporter. What exactly did that guy spread? Any one here any idea? Just wondering what exactly he had done to get himself arrested because i dont think mere criticism warrants arrest. :S
PS: right now taking care of this guy
These people are usually fake accounts used for blatant supporting a particular cause and flaming and abusing the rest.
BTW I was watching the swearing-in ceremony, why did they use "in the name of God"? I thought only "Law/Constitution etc" were used in political functions.

So, indirectly you guys implying there is no difference with previous govt and this govt?
I'm just saying wisdom and intelligence can't be determined by education.

As for Smriti Irani... only time will tell. And I have a feeling that I won't like what it will tell.

too much being read into a degree.

imagine people coming up to dhirubai ambani and criticizing him of not being worthy of being chairman of reliance because he does not have a degree.
:confused:

or with bill gates because he did not have a microsoft certified degree :p(back then when he started windows)

also , i dont think the staff working under her too does not have a degree.
they might have better degrees, and can suggest her ideas.
all that will be upto her is her wisdom/intellect/judgement in approvals for those ideas.

Are you seriously comparing setting up a Business with running a Government?

Gates, Jobs and other businessmen who started from zero struggled to get to the point where they were leaders. Same holds true for scientists as well. Hell, some of them were proven right after their death.

Irani on other hand, is being handed ministership on a silver platter. What has she done to prove that she is worthy of it? Even if Education ministry is not that important (because who cares about education?).

This is how democracy works. Half the politicians are convicted criminals. Why are people still voting for them then?

Everyone voted for kejriwal. What happened? Give her a chance.

Are you seriously comparing setting up a Business with running a Government?
no. i gave a mention that education alone does not define the capability/calibre of an individual.

Gates, Jobs and other businessmen who started from zero struggled to get to the point where they were leaders. Same holds true for scientists as well. Hell, some of them were proven right after their death.

Irani on other hand, is being handed ministership on a silver platter. What has she done to prove that she is worthy of it? Even if Education ministry is not that important (because who cares about education?).

how do you know she has been handed over the ministership on a platter?
how do you know whether she has not struggled against any dynasty politicians within her party to rise at her current stature?

it about giving a better direction by the leader wherein the person excels.

an MMS under a PV Narsimha Rao did much better work for the economy than an MMS as A Prime minister, and he had an impressive bio data to boast.

here the leadership of PV narsimha rao vis a vis a Sonia Gandhi made all the difference.

Last edited:
how do you know she has been handed over the ministership on a platter?
how do you know she has not struggled against any dynasty politicians within her party to rise at her current stature?
Yes, we don't know. So please tell us how she deserves to be a education minister.

I don't give rats ass about past leaders. Fck them. So don't bring Sibal or whatever, because thats not a valid argument.

Yes, we don't know. So please tell us how she deserves to be a education minister.

I don't give rats ass about past leaders. Fck them. So don't bring Sibal or whatever, because thats not a valid argument.
where did i mention a sibal? :confused:

nobody questioned how ajay maken deserved to be a sports minister? he won you any medals?

nobody questioned how sonia gandhi deserved to be a chairman of the national advisory council(NAC)? any credentials to be able to advise the countries think tank?

nobody questioned how a 72 year old KPS gill was given the youth affairs ministry?

about being worthy , how can anybody know what went into formation of the ministers
other than the person responsible?
people have given him a decisive mandate to run the government for 5 years.
let his/her tenure decide, whether he/she was worthy of the post.

Last edited:
too much being read into a degree.

imagine people coming up to dhirubai ambani and criticizing him of not being worthy of being chairman of reliance because he does not have a degree.
:confused:

or with bill gates because he did not have a microsoft certified degree :p(back then when he started windows).
You do realize that you are comparing BUSINESS to GOVERNANCE right?

I feel that Modi must have seen something in her which we are missing. May be she is street smart and need not be book smart.
Some one gave the example of Lalu.
I can also give the example of Jay Lalitha who is 10th Standard Drop Out. (I think unofficially even Sonia Gandhi is 5th pass).
Yes one thing is certain, Smriti has no political base in the sense , that she has lost twice.
So there is one point against. But then there should be some concrete reason why she has been given the chance.
We will have to wait and see. Like i said May be she is street smart and not book smart and perhaps that is the need.

Like in the case of Lalu. It was not he who did all the thiniking , but obviously people working for him who did.
Similarly Smriti is not the one who is going to be doing all the work. She would have a huge think tank at her disposal. She should be open to suggestions. Besides she is not that in experienced. She has been Rajya Sabha member for more than 5 years. So she definitely has some experience.

If a person doesnt have the required qualification, then it doesnt mean that person doesnt have intelligence or wisdom.
If someone is not from a Computer Science background, that doesnt mean he cannot code :p
I think we should respect the decision of the prime minister and give her a chance. After all like I said, he must have thought something and has seen something which we are failing to see.

Last edited:
Back