~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

bought nokia 6303 classic not the 6303i. cost me 6400rs with a 2gb sandisk card.

i am done with sony ericsson forever. i opted for the nokia over samsung s5350 which is a fantastic phone bcoz of the resale value of nokia.

geek ashish said:
Don't get angry, but I don't see any logic in this.

I have 3 SE K750i and 1 W810i in my home used by different family members.
K750i was (is still) ruling the category for long time. Even today many 5 MP camera phones can't match it's Image Quality and SONY Walkman has superb SQ.

I mean if the product satisfies your need and it is available as new with B&W, then why not.

I'm more than willing to buy another Fiat Palio GTX. :hap2:

No hard feelings mate. 5130 xm is really good in that price bracket.
Go for new grey-black coloured.

Guys, how's the samsung Jet on durability front? Also Is Samsung A.S.S. good?

Lolz! I am very much satisfied with my 5130xm and it is a Black and Grey model. But I was looking for a change now.... And yes K750i was a gem man! But nowadays sony is no good... and I hate their proprietary memory stick.

PS:- Fiat Palio is my family car too. :hap2:

<edit> I dont know I am a geek or not but my name is Ashish too. hehe.

geek ashish said:
Guys, how's the samsung Jet on durability front? Also Is Samsung A.S.S. good?
I'm considering to spend 14K on it.

Jet is a great phone in all aspects (except that it lacks a smarphone OS). Samsung A.S.S is really bada$$ and one of the worst.

I'm willing to spend a max of 10k for a new touchscreen cellphone. I need 3G connectivity- with the 3g auctions almost done- and wi-fi would be a welcome addition, though not a necessity. I won't be using the camera much, but music quality should be good. Most importantly the touchscreen should be easy to use, and the UI user-friendly. Which among the Samsung Monte S5620, Nokia 5230 or Samsung Lindy M5650 should i get??any other alternatives??

Hello guys :) ,
I'm thinking of getting a phone for my sister, between 7-12k, no touch screens. I know that waiting a bit would probably be better, but if I had to get something now, what would it be?
Would prefer S60/Nokia for obvious reasons, but open to options.
Many thanks in advance!

^ Also Nokia seems to have slashed prices of their entire portfolio(esp. Smart phones) 2 days ago. So wait for 2-3 days before buying so that the revised prices reflects on the market. :)

According to Gsmarena E63 has bad audio quality. Getting a QWERTY phones for your sis :S Do gals like these kinda phones? The Nokia 5630XM is a good bet. But not sure of the availability in India. Any particular reason why it is not available/released here :(

Amien said:
Hello guys :) ,
I'm thinking of getting a phone for my sister, between 7-12k, no touch screens. I know that waiting a bit would probably be better, but if I had to get something now, what would it be?
Would prefer S60/Nokia for obvious reasons, but open to options.
Many thanks in advance!

I say, wait for this beauty Nokia C5 - Full phone specifications

112 x 46 x 12.3 mm
89.3 g
2.2" 16M color display
Symbian S60
memory: 50 MB, 128 MB RAM
GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS with Nokia Maps
3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, LED flash, secondary front facing camera.
ARM 11 600 MHz processor
Document viewer
Li-Ion 1050 mAh (BL-5CT) (upto 12hrs of talktime)

Univercell has priced this at 9k approx but yet to be released in India.

Firstly, bought the E63 a few minutes ago. XD. 8.8k shipped via ebay.

DarkAngel said:
^ Also Nokia seems to have slashed prices of their entire portfolio(esp. Smart phones) 2 days ago. So wait for 2-3 days before buying so that the revised prices reflects on the market. :)

According to Gsmarena E63 has bad audio quality. Getting a QWERTY phones for your sis :S Do gals like these kinda phones? The Nokia 5630XM is a good bet. But not sure of the availability in India. Any particular reason why it is not available/released here :(
Well I know it was a bit of a wierd choice, but she's a heavy text-er and that phone fit the immediate requirements, so I didn't mull over options.
I read the GSM arena review. The audio quality through the 3.5mm jack wasn't a priority. Thanks heaps for the help/advice.

desiibond said:
I say, wait for this beauty Nokia C5 - Full phone specifications

112 x 46 x 12.3 mm
89.3 g
2.2" 16M color display
Symbian S60
memory: 50 MB, 128 MB RAM
GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS with Nokia Maps
3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, LED flash, secondary front facing camera.
ARM 11 600 MHz processor
Document viewer
Li-Ion 1050 mAh (BL-5CT) (upto 12hrs of talktime)

Univercell has priced this at 9k approx but yet to be released in India.

I had my eye on that phone for a while. Unfortunately, a purchase had to be done right away (lets say... an upcoming birthday that I nearly forgot... :ashamed: ). I would've loved to wait for price cuts, would've loved to wait for the new C phones even more. I just had to make a quick purchase. Last minute buying sucks but I had best not have any regrets now.

Thanks guys. :)

Amien said:
Firstly, bought the E63 a few minutes ago. XD. 8.8k shipped via ebay.
Well I know it was a bit of a wierd choice, but she's a heavy text-er and that phone fit the immediate requirements, so I didn't mull over options.
I read the GSM arena review. The audio quality through the 3.5mm jack wasn't a priority. Thanks heaps for the help/advice.

I had my eye on that phone for a while. Unfortunately, a purchase had to be done right away (lets say... an upcoming birthday that I nearly forgot... :ashamed: ). I would've loved to wait for price cuts, would've loved to wait for the new C phones even more. I just had to make a quick purchase. Last minute buying sucks but I had best not have any regrets now.

Thanks guys. :)

Check Nokia 6700 Classic and N79
on non-nokia phones, check SE Yari, brand new and hot SE Elm,

Metalspree said:
X3 6660 sure

i quouted the INR prices by converting from Dhs. - don't know if available here , or for how much....after the 1000 types of tax's and what not.

@Metalspree : 1 yr dealer warranty ! so its a grey import. Can get official for 6.6k and extend to another 1 yr by paying 70-80 dhs more :) .... the extended warranty on my 5800 was a boon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back