~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hey guys, me gal needs a phone and quick. She's somehow stuck onto the option of a flip phone. Unfortunately I haven't found any good flips around. Since her budget is around 12k i've been persuading her to get one of those touch screens but she isn't quite ok with it. Could any of u suggest a good phone for that range? Be it flip,slider,bar,touch. I was thinking of some android phone

blueren said:
hey guys, me gal needs a phone and quick. She's somehow stuck onto the option of a flip phone. Unfortunately I haven't found any good flips around. Since her budget is around 12k i've been persuading her to get one of those touch screens but she isn't quite ok with it. Could any of u suggest a good phone for that range? Be it flip,slider,bar,touch. I was thinking of some android phone

if you can find one, Motorola U9 would be perfect for a female. it's small, cute, great audio quality and is flip open phone.

Hmm.. are motos still marketed in India? Cos we did check out a few shops and we couldn't set sights on a single flip! besides that, the v8 is already almost 2 years old. I was hoping for best vfm phones in that 10k-13k range be it flip or slider or touch. Just to go check out the look and feel of it

How is the SE Yari? Is it really worth 11k? I check out the simulator in their website. It has the same old boring interface. Apart from the 5mp cam, I see no difference between the w810i(currently using) and this one

Hi Guys,

Any Idea about The Samsung Monte(S5620). It costs around Rs 8,942 from Univercell. Is it worth buying ?

Also I found that the rate of Samsung Jet is Rs 13,461 .

What Choice can I make?

u can also check out sony ericsson t707...
looks nice n girly
i m sure ur gal wud like the design..
don't know abt the performance or interface...
so search the market!

Guys I am looking for a good touch screen phone. Something reliable. I am not into music or camera in it. I have my ipod touch for music and have a camera for photo needs.

I am mainly looking for good connectivity and clear call quality and style. I am looking ONLY at touch screen phones. Android is preferred. Budget is around 20k, flexible.

blueren said:
How is SE W995? Any idea about its cost?

Univercell - The Mobile Expert :: Sony Ericsson W995 - walkman series;quadband;Accelerometer;shakecontrol;hsdpa;wi-fi;camera;

Univercell lists it for 17.3k+VAT

Also chk out the W705 if you are intent on SE. Has 3G, Wi-fi. 3.2MP cam, 4GB M2 and a good qaliy in ear plugs. Price is ~11k VAT inclusive. Interface is similar to W995. Only the screen is smaller(2.4" vs 2.6"), camera is smaller(3.2MP vs 8MP) and has only 4GB card(W995 has 8G). But price is less than 2/3rds of the W995.

Univercell - The Mobile Expert :: Sony Ericsson W705 - walkman series;quadband;Accelerometer;shakecontrol;3g;camera;

Also chk of the SE Jalou if u need a flip. Has 3G, 3.15MP cam. Price is only ~8k.

Attachments

• Jalou.PNG
    Jalou.PNG
    160.9 KB · Views: 123
DarkAngel said:
Univercell - The Mobile Expert :: Sony Ericsson W995 - walkman series;quadband;Accelerometer;shakecontrol;hsdpa;wi-fi;camera;

Univercell lists it for 17.3k+VAT

Also chk out the W705 if you are intent on SE. Has 3G, Wi-fi. 3.2MP cam, 4GB M2 and a good qaliy in ear plugs. Price is ~11k VAT inclusive. Interface is similar to W995. Only the screen is smaller(2.4" vs 2.6"), camera is smaller(3.2MP vs 8MP) and has only 4GB card(W995 has 8G). But price is less than 2/3rds of the W995.

Univercell - The Mobile Expert :: Sony Ericsson W705 - walkman series;quadband;Accelerometer;shakecontrol;3g;camera;
Thanks DA! But the 995 has an 8mp cam. Although its looks aren't that likable. Does universal have exchange offers? If so the old w800i can fetch somewhere around 2k at least!
The only thing currently bothering me is the fast port. It won't last very long.

^ Thats an issue with all SE phones with fastport. They are finally slowly moving towards standard ports but i guess it will take a good 1-2 yrs fo their entire lineup to feature standard ports.

If touch screen are ok then check out the Samsung M5650 Lindy aka Samsung M5650 Corby 3G~ 10k VAT inclusive. It has all features like 3G, Wifi and has capacitive touch. Only -ve is that it is not a smart phone. I guess gals are not too concerned about whether they have a smart phone or not.

Univercell - The Mobile Expert :: Samsung M5650 Corby 3G -
Samsung M5650 Lindy review: Corby's significant other - GSMArena.com
http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/samsung/samsung-m5650-lindy-3.jpg

Hi Please advice for a really gud Nokia Phone Touchscreen or Non Touchscreen for my friend who's been using Nokia Phones for a long time but wants to buy a new one. Range is upto 15k but he wants that it should have good music quality, gud camera for occasional clicks and most important of all very good build quality. Of late there have been a lot of filmsy nokia fones which sweak or creak under slight pressure (he checked my N79 but was hugely disappointed wid d build quality of the fone). So please suggest something gud.

blueren said:
^ Thanks. Not easy convincing her for a touch phone! She's now glued on to w995.

then go ahead wid the w995
its got really good reviews n it's camera is pretty good too n the sound quality is also very nice...a very decent phone i'd say.
gals usually don't like touchscreen for some reasons,i've known many who prefers keypad to touch!!!

pranut said:
@thetoxicmind

Please post for best touchscreen phones under 10k

Well, the *best* ones would obviously depend on the features, one is looking for. So here is a more generalized list of touchscreen devices available in this range.

Touchscreen Phones - Entry Level

10 - 10.5K :

Nokia 5530 XM ~ 10.3K*

Samsung S5560 Marvel ~ 10.3K*

LG GT505 ~ 10.2K*

9-10K :

LG KS660 ~ 9.4K*

LG GW525 ~ 9.3K*

HTC Smart ~ 9.3K*

HTC Touch Viva ~ 9.3K*

Samsung M5650 Lindy ~ 9.3K*

8-9K :

Samsung S5620 ~ 8.9K*

Samsung B5722 ~ 8.9K*

Samsung Star WiFi ~ 8.6K*

Under 8K:

Nokia 5230 ~ 7.3K*

LG GD510 Cookie Pep ~ 6.9K*

Samsung Star ~ 6.7K*

Samsung S3653 Corby ~ 6.5K*

Nokia 5233 ~ 6.4K*

LG KP500 Cookie ~ 6.2K*

Phew! Quite a list eh?

Both prices and availability, may vary from place to place.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

* Before 4% VAT

hahahari said:
Guys I am looking for a good touch screen phone. Something reliable. I am not into music or camera in it. I have my ipod touch for music and have a camera for photo needs.

I am mainly looking for good connectivity and clear call quality and style. I am looking ONLY at touch screen phones. Android is preferred. Budget is around 20k, flexible.

hahahari said:
@thetoxicmind, Pls recommend at 20-25k range. Touch screen phone.

Touchscreen Devices - Android OS - Upto 25K

HTC Magic ~ 24.5K*

HTC Legend ~ 23K*

HTC Hero ~ 22.2K*

LG GW620 Etna ~ 14.9K*

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back