~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

^^ There are very few Android CDMA phones like the Droid , Samsung Moment etc , none of them is officially available in India and importing , unlocking etc will cost you way more than 10-12k

egobrain.exe said:
Yeah exactly .. ive seen many such instances where phones have been rated so high but thier feedbacks arent upto the mark .. which causes a big confusion .. anyways .. well .. i still have time to think about which phone ill be getting as my iphone hasnt been sold yet .. :mad:

btw, I got HTC Legend yesterday. terrific build quality. and am blown away by Android 2.1 + Sense UI. after using this, i would say, STICK TO ANDROID. :)

The unibody aluminium design rocks but I would say get Desire. the 3.5" display will make it even better. :)

also checked Moto Milestone and the AMOLED display on Legend just blew away Milestone's display and lack of SenseUI on milestone is a bit boring. But Milestone's full qwerty is pretty good and I really liked the design.

desiibond said:
btw, I got HTC Legend yesterday. terrific build quality. and am blown away by Android 2.1 + Sense UI. after using this, i would say, STICK TO ANDROID. :)

The unibody aluminium design rocks but I would say get Desire. the 3.5" display will make it even better. :)

also checked Moto Milestone and the AMOLED display on Legend just blew away Milestone's display and lack of SenseUI on milestone is a bit boring. But Milestone's full qwerty is pretty good and I really liked the design.

Yeah .. even i thought of the legend or the hero before .. but dropped it off the list just because of the lack of a physical qwerty .. or would have gone for that eyes closed .. i dont want an all touch phone .. neither much of a bulky one .. which is why dropped the b7610 too .. :(

setuniket said:
Thanks sunny, seems to be decent phone, I already have 5800 XM as primary phone. let me see, any other options.

Samsung E1160 ~ 1.65k
Samsung E1085 ~ 1.4k
Nokia 5030 ~ 1.6k
Nokia 1661/1662 ~ 1.4k

As you already have a primary mobile and just need a back up and not much features its better to go for mobiles from reliable brands.

All are basic mobiles with FM. The E1160 and Nokia 5030 has in built FM antenna.

guys,

my dad needs a business phone and his req are mainly

1)internet (wifi,3g,edge etc)

2)ms office

and the budget is 17k max.

which phone do u guys suggest???

howz is e71??

intacto said:
guys,
my dad needs a business phone and his req are mainly

1)internet (wifi,3g,edge etc)
2)ms office

and the budget is 17k max.

which phone do u guys suggest???

howz is e71??

E71 is decent. infact, it's a very good phone.
also check BB Curve and BB 8920.

@desibond and egobrain.exe

tnx for ur suggestions.....

but blackberry curve doesnt have 3g and dude can u giv me a link for 8920(i din know thr was phone of this model).

well for i thought of e72 but hrd its software is buggy and the phone has sme problems.i jus hrd these things abt e72.can ne1 confirm???

DarkAngel said:
Samsung E1160 ~ 1.65k
Samsung E1085 ~ 1.4k
Nokia 5030 ~ 1.6k
Nokia 1661/1662 ~ 1.4k

As you already have a primary mobile and just need a back up and not much features its better to go for mobiles from reliable brands.

All are basic mobiles with FM. The E1160 and Nokia 5030 has in built FM antenna.

Thanks DarkAngel..let me check all those phones and will decide. Honestly features like FM isnt exactly a priority, I will be on roaming for around 2 months, need a phone to keep my Delhi Number on. Will be buying local no for 5800XM.

I need a touchscreen phone around 10k...I want 3g, GPS(i'm goin out of my home city...also don't want A-GPS, won't probably be gettin GPRS so need a dedicated GPS chip), good music quality. Would like MS Office document viewers and PDF viewers too. Camera quality isn't important. Wi-fi would be helpful, but not necessary.

From above considerations, i think only nokia models suit me...so which one do i select?? 5230/5235 or wait for the C6?? QWERTY keypad would be a decent addition, but i need to buy strictly within this month. can extend budget by abt 2-3k...please help!

madmaniac said:
hello
I'm looking for a cheap symbian phone to read on while on bus and metro. Screen should be medium size. I don't care about other features. preferably below 5k

IIRC the Nokia 5233 ~ 6.4k is the cheapest Symbain phone in the market.

arsenalmaniac said:
I need a touchscreen phone around 10k...I want 3g, GPS(i'm goin out of my home city...also don't want A-GPS, won't probably be gettin GPRS so need a dedicated GPS chip), good music quality. Would like MS Office document viewers and PDF viewers too. Camera quality isn't important. Wi-fi would be helpful, but not necessary.
From above considerations, i think only nokia models suit me...so which one do i select?? 5230/5235 or wait for the C6?? QWERTY keypad would be a decent addition, but i need to buy strictly within this month. can extend budget by abt 2-3k...please help!

Check Samsung S5620 Monte, it has all your wanted in your phone. Priced somewhere around 8.8-9.2k.

will the nokia x2 which has a 5mp camera with led flash come with auto foucs?

also does anyone know of any website which has good symbian 40 applications for productivity for my nokia 6303 classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back