~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

sayeedzishan said:
can u please tell me about SE w960i!!!?

Straight from Gsmarena,for your reference :

Key features:

* Walkman Touch music player

* Symbian OS 9.1 with UIQ 3.0

* 3G support with video calls

* Wi-Fi support

* 3 megapixel camera with autofocus

* 8GB of storage space

* Dedicated touch-sensitive player keys

* 262K color TFT touchscreen display

* FM radio

Main disadvantages:

* Not as impressive in life as in the promotional photos

* Slow interface response as storage gets nearly used up

* Back key location changed

* No memory card slot (yeah, we know it has 8GB of internal memory)

* Music player cannot sort tracks by filename

* No EDGE support

sayeedzishan said:
about its performance and price too

For 23.5k , it offers excellent music & overall decent capabilities & is a must-have gadget for music lovers !

~ t.t.m ~

budget is around 10-12K...

Usage: College use( so looks n music does matter a lil bit). the phone should not be very fragile, if you know what i mean with respect to college use.

options: E51 or K810i or samsung i450(can anyone tell its exact price +- 500bux) or 5320

1) Point is that E51 is a gem of a phone but lacks multimedia (specially muzic) n also looks dated... greatest plus point is that it is a symbian and it is fast...

2) K810i is good at multimedia(i suppose, correct me if i am wrong).... though i dont care much about the cam as long as i am able to get basic snaps...biggest drawback is that it lacks symbian

3) I have read a lot of good reviews about the i450 (symbian+big screen+ slider+ good muzic) but dunno about the durability part and am unsure of the price...
now i dont know when the 5320 is going to release in india and at what price point... or has it already been releases in india..plz tell the price if anyone knows about it...

so plz help me choose ??:S :S

thetoxicmind said:
are u talking bout the N81 8gb model?? if so,that's for 15.5k afaik!!

anywys..among the two,I'd recommend the N81 8GB any day..for its plethora of features and performance.
only exception being the 2mp/led flash module compared to the k810i's 3.2mp/xenon flash module..

hope this helped..

~ t.t.m ~

p.s: do avoid linking to other threads and post the content here.

Yeah... will the price of the C902 come dwon in a month or so? Will the N81 8 GB come down too?

Emil said:
You wouldn't consider Nokia?

I know quite a few ppl who are happy with the Nokia 2760.

Well, phone is for my mom who isnt good in learning. She has a Samsung X100 which she's well versed in, getting her a new phone will mean lots of time to train her. which i cant afford :p
Will consider the nokia too :)

Hotstuff said:
budget is around 10-12K...

Usage: College use( so looks n music does matter a lil bit). the phone should not be very fragile, if you know what i mean with respect to college use.

options: E51 or K810i or samsung i450(can anyone tell its exact price +- 500bux) or 5320

1) Point is that E51 is a gem of a phone but lacks multimedia (specially muzic) n also looks dated... greatest plus point is that it is a symbian and it is fast...

2) K810i is good at multimedia(i suppose, correct me if i am wrong).... though i dont care much about the cam as long as i am able to get basic snaps...biggest drawback is that it lacks symbian

3) I have read a lot of good reviews about the i450 (symbian+big screen+ slider+ good muzic) but dunno about the durability part and am unsure of the price...
now i dont know when the 5320 is going to release in india and at what price point... or has it already been releases in india..plz tell the price if anyone knows about it...

so plz help me choose ??:S :S

Firstly,the 5320 is still not available in india and is expected to retail for 14k when it does..

And as far as your options are concerned..

both the samsung i450 and nokia e51 are equally good..
but i guess the samsung stands out with its FUNKINESS!

~ t.t.m ~

Hotstuff said:
^^isnt it also better in music also?? how is the music in e51

surprisingly,the i450's audio output is a little low compared to other samsung phones from the same segment..

the nokia e51's audio output comes close to the n81's output and the music player is decent if not impressive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back