~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

guys finally went and brought the Nokia 6500 slide, it is almost an exact clone of the 5610 express music, but much more elegant looking with its metallic slide body!!:hap2: , may be it lacks the audio chip of the 5610 but makes it up with carl ziess optics, tv out and much more classier look-damage 12.9k, wht really lacked though is the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter/remote, headset is really really pathetic...:( , and battery life doesn't seem outstanding, lasts only 12 hrs, compulsorily have to charge it at night....and am not even using it as a music player!!!!! :no: , but over all a very classy phone in its price range!!!!:hap2: :D , plan to upgrade to 4gb soon (quoted 800 bucks)from the standard 1gb!!!!also looking for 5610 remote to connect my creative ep630's....by the way the cam, speakers and music player are quite gud too.......;)

Crazysah said:
How is the Nokia 5610? I don't like the E51!

if u like'd the 5610, i would suggest u have a look at the Nokia 6500 slide. I had almost finalized the 5610's but went in for the 6500 for its all aluminum body "classier looks", on sheet and in design the 6500 slide and 5610 sport the same specs (and i feel inside they are the same:rofl: ), just have a look!!!:)

Alright, TTM and others willing to help, i have a query which might make it a bit tough for you, for selecting me a model.

Basically, i do not have much idea about phones and the facilities offered by them. My basic use of a phone can be as that of a micro laptop, but the budget is not really high.

I need a phone which lets me view websites, write articles and allows me to use browser and a text editing software simultaneously. I should be able to blog, view websites and use a text editor at the same time. Also, the music and camera quality should be decent and the phone should look really cool, something with bragging rights.

For the budget, I m willing to go up to a maximum of 15k and the lower the better works for me, in the cost that is. Please suggest a phone and a link which tells me about its specifications. And how am i supposed to use the internet on it, through telecom companies whose connection i am using (GPRS) or is there anything else? I might have WiFi ability in the surroundings. Sorry, i know that is a silly question but please let me know.

Thanx

For the requirements you have, I would suggest Asus P527 which retails for around 15.5k, has all the features you want and is made up of aluminum body.... check gsmarena.com for more details

IceFusion said:
Nah... the 6500SLide 's camera is crap... took over 7 seconds to save single snap >>

Hardly takes under 2 seconds on my handset. Upgrade the firmware ice ;) Besides musicwise(playback quality) there isn't any difference between the 5610 and the 6500S.

sinist3r said:
Alright, TTM and others willing to help, i have a query which might make it a bit tough for you, for selecting me a model.

Basically, i do not have much idea about phones and the facilities offered by them. My basic use of a phone can be as that of a micro laptop, but the budget is not really high.

I need a phone which lets me view websites, write articles and allows me to use browser and a text editing software simultaneously. I should be able to blog, view websites and use a text editor at the same time. Also, the music and camera quality should be decent and the phone should look really cool, something with bragging rights.

For the budget, I m willing to go up to a maximum of 15k and the lower the better works for me, in the cost that is. Please suggest a phone and a link which tells me about its specifications. And how am i supposed to use the internet on it, through telecom companies whose connection i am using (GPRS) or is there anything else? I might have WiFi ability in the surroundings. Sorry, i know that is a silly question but please let me know.

Thanx

firstly,do refrain from typing multiple paragraphs :no:

just the requirements(what you must have and what you can live without...) and of course the budget in a precise manner would do..

Moreover,considering your need to surf websites & edit documents I'm obliged to recommend phones featuring atleast a 2.4" (touch)screen for a great experience..

last but not the least,for around 15k don't expect to get a phone having every decent feature ! there are always compromises..

anyways do check out the following:

HTC Touch ~ 15.7k

i-mate JAMA ~ 14.4k (no WIFI)

DOPOD D600 ~ 14k (no WIFI)

ASUS P320 ~ 11.8k

~ T.T.M ~

Sorry, :(..

Well, requirements

Browsing
Text editing
Both simultaneously

Things appreciated but can live without

Great camera
Great SQ, average would do.

2 queries

And how am i supposed to use the internet on it, through telecom companies whose connection i am using (GPRS) or is there anything else? I might have WiFi ability in the surroundings. Sorry, i know that is a silly question but please let me know.

I find Asus P320 good, is it decent for my requirements?

Thanx

Looking for a phone with a large screen. Mainly for phone, sms, *browsing*. calender events management is added bonus i can expect. Multimedia experience while desirable is not nessesary. Budget is tight at 10-12k. If not enough budget and bump it up but not overboard. camera not required.

I hope i was specific enough in my needs.

sinist3r said:
Sorry, :(..

Well, requirements

Browsing
Text editing
Both simultaneously

Things appreciated but can live without

Great camera
Great SQ, average would do.

2 queries

And how am i supposed to use the internet on it, through telecom companies whose connection i am using (GPRS) or is there anything else? I might have WiFi ability in the surroundings. Sorry, i know that is a silly question but please let me know.

I find Asus P320 good, is it decent for my requirements?

Thanx

internet via gprs,edge or wifi..
most phones atleast have gprs & edge if not wifi..

the asus p320 is a good phone but its after-sales support is questionable.

the phones i mentioned earlier seem the most suitable..

SharekhaN said:
Looking for a phone with a large screen. Mainly for phone, sms, *browsing*. calender events management is added bonus i can expect. Multimedia experience while desirable is not nessesary. Budget is tight at 10-12k. If not enough budget and bump it up but not overboard. camera not required.

The Nokia 5000 has your name written all over it. :)

Even better, it fits within half your budget.

SharekhaN said:

Big screen = touch screen in most cases..
and ones with QWERTY keypad don't come under 12k..

So your options are:
HTC P3400 ~ 10K
or
ASUS P320 ~ 11.8K

But if you're ready to compromise on the big screen,there are more options available..

~ t.t.m ~

i would suggest samsung i450 because it has a 2.4 inch screen coupled witha great keypad... great for music... is 3g enabled but no wifi... has a 2mp cam but u said u dont need a cam, so no point talkin about it...plus to top it all its a symbian...

asus p320 is also a great option, not so much for messaging though

Hotstuff said:
i would suggest samsung i450 because it has a 2.4 inch screen coupled witha great keypad... great for music... is 3g enabled but no wifi... has a 2mp cam but u said u dont need a cam, so no point talkin about it...plus to top it all its a symbian...

asus p320 is also a great option, not so much for messaging though

@SharekhaN

Also worth considering is the funky samsung i450 @ 12.8k !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back