~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Knight Rider said:
I cannot carry a camera phone to office, so I want a phone without camera but with deatures like Wifi and GPRS and memmory card slot, I have been in the lookout for a while, could not get anything.

Could someone help me with this please?

Nokia E61...A True Business phone

Knight Rider said:
I cannot carry a camera phone to office, so I want a phone without camera but with deatures like Wifi and GPRS and memmory card slot, I have been in the lookout for a while, could not get anything.

There is a version of Nokia E51 available without camera. If your budget is around 11k go for the E51.
Buy the Nokia E61 only if you want a qwerty keypad. Otherwise the E51 is the way to go because of its faster processor and more RAM which makes it very responsive.

hotshot05 said:
There is a version of Nokia E51 available without camera. If your budget is around 11k go for the E51.

Buy the Nokia E61 only if you want a qwerty keypad. Otherwise the E51 is the way to go because of its faster processor and more RAM which makes it very responsive.

+1 to that !

Get the Nokia E51(non-camera version) if your not so keen on a QWERTY keypad...

tangentray said:
has the non-cam version of e51 been made avaiable in india?

It's available now..

You probably have to ask the store to get/order it for you as they'd prefer selling the more expensive & readily available camera version..

Else the E61 is the only worthy option..

There is also the older SE M600...

Knight Rider said:

There was a walkman series phone from SE which had no camera. I forgot the exact model no. I think it was the W950i or W980i or W890i. Check their specifications.

If you want te buy the non-camera version of Nokia E51 it would be better if you went to a Nokia Priority dealer or to a shop which you know very well or approach Nokia through your company. I dont know if Nokia sells that version directly to the consumer.

hotshot05 said:
There was a walkman series phone from SE which had no camera. I forgot the exact model no. I think it was the W950i or W980i or W890i. Check their specifications.

If you want te buy the non-camera version of Nokia E51 it would be better if you went to a Nokia Priority dealer or to a shop which you know very well or approach Nokia through your company. I dont know if Nokia sells that version directly to the consumer.

It was the SE W950 !

Knight Rider said:
Thank you so much for all the replies gentleman, Any idea where I could find a non camera version of E51 In Bangalore??

Why dont you go to ur nearest Nokia Priority dealer and ask them if they can get the non-camera E51 for you.

Now the price on the N78 just goes BETTER.....

N78 price inquired at 3-4 shops....ranging between "12.5-12.3k" .....now thats TOTAL VFM !.......for the price and the features it delivers its right up on the top for that price:performance/features ratio!!!

P.S: Alfa still selling it 14.6k as of yesterday....shops outside alfa were already hovering on the 12.X mark....

P.S: No update on the 5800 on all local shops......although grey market pieces are all around the corner....(UAE imports) ...the shop keeper himself agreed the official pricing to be 4-5k lower than the 25k selling mark currently.

hanzy said:
N78 price inquired at 3-4 shops....ranging between "12.5-12.3k" .....now thats TOTAL VFM !.......for the price and the features it delivers its right up on the top for that price:performance/features ratio!!!

P.S: Alfa still selling it 14.6k as of yesterday....shops outside alfa were already hovering on the 12.X mark....

P.S: No update on the 5800 on all local shops......although grey market pieces are all around the corner....(UAE imports) ...the shop keeper himself agreed the official pricing to be 4-5k lower than the 25k selling mark currently.

Whats the price of the N82 these days?

GameNome said:
Whats the price of the N82 these days?

dont know the current price , last time i checked on it was 10-12 days back , it was still on the 19k mark (+/- 200-300)......expect it to come to 17XXX mark soon....its around the 17k mark 'elsewhere' already:bleh:

hanzy said:

That is good news!

@GameNome

N82 Black(2GB Card) still for 19.4k !

looking for a cheap phone with FM for home use only. should be less than 4k and good battery life and easy to use.

No need for FM or music player. A camera is needed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back