~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

cyanide911 said:
My phone is very old, so I'm looking for a new one.
Should have:

1. WiFi
2. Touchscreen (Preferably, but not necessarily)
3. >2MP Camera

Thanks

cyanide911 said:
Sorry, forgot to mention. There's no limit to the budget, but I'd like it as cheap as possible.

Your options:

Without Touchscreen :

Nokia N78 ~ 13-15K*
Moto ZN5 ~ 15.5K*
SE W705 ~ 15.6K*

With Touchscreen :

Nokia 5800 XpressM ~ 18.4K*
HTC Touch 3G ~ 19.4K*
HTC Diamond ~ 21.3K*

~ T.T.M ~

terminater said:
guys..lost my new mobile..now need 2 buy..
main features needed.. 1)good audio quality for lsitening to songs..
2)FM
3)NOKia or SE
4)good GPRS /EDGE
5) big screen and good resolution( iknow for my budget wil have to compromise)
Budget is 4-5 K..

You could consider the Nokia Supernova 7210 available for just under 5K now.

i just saw this mobile in Home Shoppi 18 site.. WESPRO WM3708i for rs 5000.. it has touch scren, FM , bluetoth and almost all other feathers// how is the mobile?? anyone has this wespro mobile.. i saw the site.. it is not chinese brand.

terminater said:
i just saw this mobile in Home Shoppi 18 site.. WESPRO WM3708i for rs 5000.. it has touch scren, FM , bluetoth and almost all other feathers// how is the mobile?? anyone has this wespro mobile.. i saw the site.. it is not chinese brand.

First off, WESPRO is an Indian company that initially started off as an import house.
The WM3708i is the only mobile product being offered by the company and by the looks of it is yet another swanky imported Chinese handset.

Reliability & A.S.S is what you'll need to worry about the most.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
3. What queries (5130 XM) do you have ?

~ T.T.M ~

First off, sorry for the delay in replying & thanks to all the members for their help, especially toxic & hotshot.

1. I understand that since the 5130 XM has a 3.5mm jack, it can be used with any standard headphone. However, is it also possible to hook it up to external speakers via an amplifier through the line/phone in? If yes, what will the audio quality be like? Will it depend on the audio capabilities of the phone or the amplifier?

2. Is the music player interface & overall ease of use comparable to a SE walkman phone? [meaning- does transferring files from the PC to the phone automatically organize them into albums,artists etc.?] [Sorry if it seems like a stupid query given that it's a music phone, but I've had a Nokia for a while now.]

3. What lossless formats [eg. FLAC], if any, does it support, either out of the box or with some tweaking/modification?

4. I've heard about slow-down/lag in phones when fitted with a memory card, generally speaking. Does the 5130 XM suffer from the same? In other words, can I safely load it up with an 8GB memory stick?

5. What is the extent to which the memory can be expanded? I've heard about it even supporting a 16GB card [some review somewhere].

6. Is there any possibility of increasing the display brightness via some tweak/application?

That's it [for now]. Don't hesitate to shoot me down if I've gone out of line & I should've created a separate thread for this.

Thanks!

nixy_15 said:
m thinkin of buyin SE W595....any better phone in the same range and features....

By that I'm assuming you need a decent music phone ???

SE W595 ~ 12.3K*

nixy_15 said:
howz HTC Touch Viva????? Price??

If I'm assuming the above then the HTC Touch isn't going to sound & perform as good as a walkman or any other music phone.It's primarily a PDA.

Other options:

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.6K*

Moto ROKR E8 ~ 12.3K*

Samsung i450 ~ 11.7K*

Moto EM35 ~ 11.4K*

Nokia 5610 XM ~ 11K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

actually m lukin for a good lukin phone + gd overall features (13k)

i've used Razr for 4 yrs now...so not interested in Razr2

liked the SE w 595...is it worth buyin?????

or shud I stretch my budget n buy a 2nd hand iphone for 15k????

No Nokia plz.

kidrow said:
First off, sorry for the delay in replying & thanks to all the members for their help, especially toxic & hotshot.

1. I understand that since the 5130 XM has a 3.5mm jack, it can be used with any standard headphone. However, is it also possible to hook it up to external speakers via an amplifier through the line/phone in? If yes, what will the audio quality be like? Will it depend on the audio capabilities of the phone or the amplifier?

2. Is the music player interface & overall ease of use comparable to a SE walkman phone? [meaning- does transferring files from the PC to the phone automatically organize them into albums,artists etc.?] [Sorry if it seems like a stupid query given that it's a music phone, but I've had a Nokia for a while now.]

3. What lossless formats [eg. FLAC], if any, does it support, either out of the box or with some tweaking/modification?

4. I've heard about slow-down/lag in phones when fitted with a memory card, generally speaking. Does the 5130 XM suffer from the same? In other words, can I safely load it up with an 8GB memory stick?

5. What is the extent to which the memory can be expanded? I've heard about it even supporting a 16GB card [some review somewhere].

6. Is there any possibility of increasing the display brightness via some tweak/application?

That's it [for now]. Don't hesitate to shoot me down if I've gone out of line & I should've created a separate thread for this.

Thanks!

Woah :S :hap5: :p

1. An amplifier does what it's supposed to, that being AMPLIFY the output signal for speaker systems that are connected to the same.So audio quality originating from your phone will remain the same but will sound louder,richer etc. according to the output device.

2. AFAIK,both have a music software that manages your phone's tracks and are quite straightforward to use.I haven't personally used them so I suggest you wait for more inputs on that or look up reviews on the same.

3. Music playback file formats: .mp3 AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, MP3, Midi, WMA, WAMR, MXMF

4. & 5. It has been verified that the 5130 supports mem. cards upto 16GB !

So if a device supports such capacities,there won't be a problem.It does of course take time to browse through the tracks(plenty of them) but that's a no brainer.

6. If there isn't a setting to increase brightness then I'm afraid no 3rd party app. can help you achieve the same.

Hope this answers everything.

~ T.T.M ~

nixy_15 said:
actually m lukin for a good lukin phone + gd overall features (13k)

i've used Razr for 4 yrs now...so not interested in Razr2

liked the SE w 595...is it worth buyin?????

or shud I stretch my budget n buy a 2nd hand iphone for 15k????

No Nokia plz.

The W595 is indeed a capable phone with decent music capabilities.

Other options:

Moto EM35 ~ 11.4K*

SE T700 ~ 11.3K*

SE C510 ~ 10.1K*

~ T.T.M ~

kidrow said:

Thanks!

1. If your speaker has a 3.5mm input jack then I think you can plug it directly into the phone wihout using a separate amplifier. I use the 3.5mm jack on the converter of my Nokia 5300 to directly connect to my Creative 4.1 speakers(I dont know though if they have inbuilt amplifiers).

3. Non-smartphones dont generally support lossless codecs. Only smartphones can be made to play those files by using a 3rd party codec. Even then I dont think it is a good idea to put them on a mobile phone. Most mobiles cannot output that great a sound quality and so only the free space on the memory card is wasted.

nucleuskore said:
Hi everybody

I am think of buying a mobile phone. Am looking for one with a good camera.

Budget Rs. 5000-10000

Any suggesitons will be much appreciated

Your options:

Nokia 7610 Supernova ~ 3.2MP Cam, AF, Dual L.Flash ~ 10.5K*

LG KF510 ~ 3.2MP Cam, AF, L.Flash ~ 10.4K*

SE K810 ~ 3.2MP Cam, AF, X.Flash ~ 10.2K*

SE C510 ~ 3.2MP Cam, AF, L.Flash ~ 10.1K*

Samsung U800 Soul ~ 3.2MP Cam, L.Flash ~ 9.4K*

Samsung Star S5233 ~ 3.2MP Cam ~ 9.2K*

Nokia 3600 Slide ~ 3.2MP Cam, AF, L.Flash ~ 8.8K*

~ T.T.M ~

Status