~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

kidrow said:
Just curious. How does the SE S302 compare?

Also, what advantages does the G502 have over the 5130 XM, if any? There's gotta be something to justify the extra 1k the latter demands, right? Cos I see it being recommended time & again when one is looking for a phone within 7k.

& is it just me or are SE displays brighter? For eg. I find the 5130 XM display isn't as bright as any comparable SE. There also doesn't seem to be any control over brightness as in SE.

Also, I didn't get why the 5130 XM camera took about 3-5 secs to ready itself for the next shot, once a picture was clicked? Is that normal?

Please excuse me if I have erred in posting my queries here & maybe I should make a new thread after all. But I just merrily typed away without realizing....

Thanks.
The SE S302 is more or less an unwanted option as people tend to get the identical Walkman alternative,the SE W302 which is the more sensible option among the two!

The SE G502 is recommended time & again because its the only sensible option that's tried & tested and ideal for those looking for a simple phone to use for browsing and other basic requirements.It has decent looks and the camera quality is also a little better than ones from other manufacturers.
It enjoys the popularity and the price tag remains the same.:D

Thanks for your replies hotshot & toxic. Don't know if you remember but I'm the same guy who'd asked about the cheapest phone with a decent display for internet use. You'll recommended a 3110c cos of the EDGE capability.

But now I'm thinking about buying a good phone once & for all in the 5-6k range. & having gone through the posts here, the 5130XM seems to be the unanimous choice. But I still have queries about the 5130 [a few of which have already been answered by hotshot]. So can I post them here or should I create a new thread?

On the cheaper end, a friend of mine suggested the LG KG195. What are your thoughts on the same?

& isn't the w302 a lot more expensive than the 5130? I'd asked about the s302 just cos it's available at ~6k.

Thanks. Much appreciated!

kidrow said:
Thanks for your replies hotshot & toxic. Don't know if you remember but I'm the same guy who'd asked about the cheapest phone with a decent display for internet use. You'll recommended a 3110c cos of the EDGE capability.

But now I'm thinking about buying a good phone once & for all in the 5-6k range. & having gone through the posts here, the 5130XM seems to be the unanimous choice. But I still have queries about the 5130 [a few of which have already been answered by hotshot]. So can I post them here or should I create a new thread?

On the cheaper end, a friend of mine suggested the LG KG195. What are your thoughts on the same?

& isn't the w302 a lot more expensive than the 5130? I'd asked about the s302 just cos it's available at ~6k.

1. The LG Dynamite 195 is a basic phone with not too many features, sporting a VGA camera and poor battery life.

2. I've read that the SQ of the SE S302 isn't as good as the SE W302.The advantage of having a Walkman player further drives people to spend the extra grand on the SE W302.Moreover,there have been issues of former's poor battery life and OS.

And it's priced at 6.4K !

3. What queries (5130 XM) do you have ?

4. Your only options:

Samsung S3500 ~ 6K*

Moto ZN200 ~ 5.8K*

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.7K*

LG KE590 ~ 5.6K*

Moto EM325 ~ 4.9K*

~ T.T.M ~

buster185 said:
hey,is it a good idea to get a new iphone frm usa for 199$,get it 2 india,unlock n jailbreak it??

If you buy it for 199$, you have to buy it with a contract which includes a monthly call and data plan for which you have to pay some fees every month. If you let someone else buy the phone and then take it from him to India then either he pays for the remaining months of the contract or if he wants to get out of the contract then he has to pay some severance fee which is much higher than the price of the phone. So that person looses his money for you one way or the other. If he does not pay up then he will be sued in court and will probably be jailed.

That is why it is not a very good idea to buy it with contract and then use it in India. You or your friend will have to pay the remaining amount anyway.

kidrow said:

If it is internet use then a QVGA display is helpful. The cheapest decent phone with such a display would be the Nokia 5000.
Downside is that there is no expandable memory. If you can live with that, go get it.

Rockfella said:
Please suggest a dual GSM sim phone. Looks dont matter only price and durability.

Your Options:

Samsung D880 Duos ~ 10.9K*

Samsung D780 ~ 8.2K*

Samsung C5212 ~ 6.6K*

Of course there are Dual-SIM handsets available from manufacturers like Orion, Karbonn & Fly whose prices are even more tempting but then your not going to get the same kind of reliability.

~ T.T.M ~

guys..lost my new mobile..now need 2 buy..
main features needed.. 1)good audio quality for lsitening to songs..
2)FM
3)NOKia or SE
4)good GPRS /EDGE
5) big screen and good resolution( iknow for my budget wil have to compromise)
Budget is 4-5 K..

medpal said:
TTM you have been doing good job.

need your opinions here : http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/require-mobile-phone-suggestions-15k-20k-137803.html#post1152678

Thanks in advance.

First off, I'd appreciate it if you could post the necessary details here rather than linking to a thread posted elsewhere.This thread does serve a purpose after all.

Back to your query...

Your options are limited to the following:

HTC Touch 3G ~ 19.4K*

Nokia E71 ~ 19.3K*

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 18.4K*

Asus P552W ~ 17.6K*

The Nokia E71 is quite a business tool with its QWERTY keypad being its USP apart from the host of features it packs.However,if your keen on a touchscreen display give this a miss and take a look at the other three options.

#1 HTC Touch 3G - With Windows productivity,3G,a tried and tested touch interface, it is the best option in this price range.

#2 Nokia 5800 XM - Being slightly multimedia oriented, it does manage to handle other things pretty well.The latest firmware has almost eliminated all the frustrations rather issues from the original version.It is fun to use and symbolizes work & play !

#3 Asus P552W - This is the cheaper & most sensible alternative to the Touch 3G.It's got performance to boast about and handles things pretty well.

So you have one solid option if you don't want a touchscreen display and three if you do.

It's your call.:hap2:

~ T.T.M ~

terminater said:
guys..lost my new mobile..now need 2 buy..

main features needed.. 1)good audio quality for lsitening to songs..

2)FM

3)NOKia or SE

4)good GPRS /EDGE

5) big screen and good resolution( iknow for my budget wil have to compromise)

Budget is 4-5 K..

What you need is a music phone.

Best Options:

1. Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*

2. Moto EM325 ~ 4.9K*

~ T.T.M ~

-=Unreal=- said:
whats the average market price of original nokia n82 battery and kingston/sandisc 8gb memory card?

Sorry but the prices of phone parts & accessories are not available in this thread.

Alternatively,you can look up the above requested prices on the internet or visit the nearest store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back