~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

desiibond said:
SE W205 : this phone is much inferior to 5130 in every manner.
W350: the drop down panel is flimsy and I have seen phones losing it after some time. better not to go for it.
if you mean LG GU285, it looks good in many aspects and just a bit inferior to 5130XM. among these three, I think GU285 would be better pick.
yeah i meant lg gu285 miss spelled it thnks for the advice will take 5130 for friend and lg gu285 for sis...

I am looking for a 3G phone at a budget of 10K max.Here is what my usage will be

1) More of talking and less of texting so need a good battery backup

2) Will be using it as music player as well

3) Basic browsing

4) Should be able to install apps as well.

I am looking at 5230 ,how good is the battery backup ??

@gaurish
u could go for 5800 , it has almost everthing from 3g to wifi , gps , touchscreen and its also symbian
@metalspree
if u r willing to spent little more then u could go for sonyericsson elm , it has 100 mAh battery , 3g and even gprs, its price shud be around 11-12k

@metalspree,

The 5230 and 5235 both have a huge 1320 MaH battery which should be exactly what you want.Neither has Wi-fi, but if you don't want that then these phones are excellent VFM. 5235 gets a 1 yr unlimited music subscription and a blue chrome lining.

@gaurish,

X6 16 GB all the way. 3.2" capacitive nHD resolution screen, unlimited music subscription, good bundled earphones, 16GB onboard memory. Black version looks really good acc to me.

Nokia X6 is good buy for 15.7k But the OS has become old and it highly negates the awesomeness of capacitive touch display. it has got 16Gb internal memory and comes with unlimited music download (ovi music store) subscription. On the other hand, there is Samsung Galaxy Spica which costs around 13k and runs DivX out of the box (Android based).

@Metalspree: I thought you already owned a SPICA. What happened to that?

Btw are there any Android phones available within 15k {other than Spica}. I'm really looking forward to buying some Andorid phone but don't want to go in for phones that cost > 20k.

Spica fit my needs perfectly but finding it is so much of PITA {and I'm completely averse to buying it off eBay}

red_devil said:
@Metalspree: I thought you already owned a SPICA. What happened to that?

Btw are there any Android phones available within 15k {other than Spica}. I'm really looking forward to buying some Andorid phone but don't want to go in for phones that cost > 20k.

Spica fit my needs perfectly but finding it is so much of PITA {and I'm completely averse to buying it off eBay}

I still have the Spica mate,this is for my brother who is in India
Aces170 said:
Hmm need a phone inside 10k, support for 3G is a must, and a decent screen as well. Touch screen is not a priority...

Nokia 5230/Nokia 5235 or Nokia 6700 Slide

red_devil said:
I have asked a delhi seller to put it on tradus.in (called him this evening), and he confirmed that he will list it tomorrow as he'll getting new stock tomorrow. :)

I hope he keeps his words.

Aces170 said:
Hmm need a phone inside 10k, support for 3G is a must, and a decent screen as well. Touch screen is not a priority...

As Metalspree suggested the 6700slide is a very good option.

One big -ve is it has a 2.5mm jack (Dunno why. May be a old design. Even 2.5k worth Nokia phones have 3.5mm jack now days).

Good camera but lacks wi-fi.If u dont use it for listening to music often and dont need wi-fi its the perfect option.

If Smart phones are not a must then take a look at the Samsung Monte S5620 ~ 9k. Its loaded with connectivity options and a 3" capacitive touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back