~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

A new QWERTY feature packed phone in 2k is difficult unless you want to get your hands on unpopular brands like Karbonn, Lava etc. But that is not recommended.

In your budget, you'll be able to get the Micromax Q1 [QWERTY] phone. Priced at ~ 1.6k, I think it is your best bet. Micromax is a good brand.

BTW, sorry about your loss... :(

Mephistopheles said:
My 5800Xm got stolen two days ago :(

What is the cheapest phone I could get with a QWERTY keyboard? Possible under 2k? Im open to second hand phones.

Also If im crazy to think it could be possible what other choices do I have given my very modest budget?

My main requirement is phone calls and a lot of messaging, nothing else.

^^

Yes. Micromax f1 thing is a very good phone. solid build qlty. very acceptable GUI and nice battery life.

Keypad and the optical scroll are a joy to use.

Scarecrow said:
Thinking of buying Samsung galaxy S i9000 16GB from ebay for 24,250/-, -500 coupon. Should I go with it?

Go ahead. But if you hunt locally, you'll get it for a similar price and be able to avoid shipping hassles and delays.
Why not consider the Samsung Galaxy S L?? The S L has lower specs but the Samsung Galaxy S seems to be EOL now...

nehaladsul said:
Go ahead. But if you hunt locally, you'll get it for a similar price and be able to avoid shipping hassles and delays.
Why not consider the Samsung Galaxy S L?? The S L has lower specs but the Samsung Galaxy S seems to be EOL now...

What exactly you mean by that? :S

Scarecrow said:
specs are the reason I am going for SGS. will I face any problems from samsung for after sales for an EOL??any idea?

I cannot give a definite answer for that. I can only say that one of my friend's friend had a lot of trouble getting the screen of his Galaxy i7500 replaced.

The phone was in warranty but the Samsung ASC kept the phone with them for nearly 2 months citing EOL as a reason for unavailability of spares. :O
Parv said:
What exactly you mean by that? :S
I mean that the Galaxy S has obviously been discontinued from production (even though the Samsung ASC denies it!!). EOL = End Of Life. :)

Scarecrow said:
Still uncertain about EOL. Seller claims Month of manufacture and import as Feb 2011.
I asked the Samsung ASC at Santacruz, Mumbai few days ago about the Galaxy S EOL and they said that it was not EOL. Samsung confirmed the same via email.

But the SGS is not available in the markets. Everyone has only the SGS L. That makes one worry about EOL. :p

Scarecrow said:
specs are the reason I am going for SGS. will I face any problems from samsung for after sales for an EOL??any idea?
Judging by the posts on XDA, even world over the service of Samsung seems rubbish. Takes a month or two to get the phone back from service. Parts are howevery easily available online (say screen) and plenty of guides around on how to DIY replace screen. One thing going for the Galaxy S is the extensive community support

Edit: Its in stock at flipkart as well so doesn't look like its EOL

But in any case, attempting DIY repairs on the phone will void the Warranty. :p

I would have personally opted for the Galaxy S L. Especially after the stupid EOL/Not EOL status of the original Wave.

Damn, Samsung still confirms on email that the original Wave is not EOL and still available. :lol:

Well I like DIY, but not good at, had pull out the on board bus connector clip of my w595 :ashamed:.

Thanks to SE ASC guy, he managed to fix it and working perfectly.

Mostly will go with SGS only, as its a good deal on ebay. Flipkart selling it for 25k shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back