~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hotshot05 said:
I am sorry if I offended you. Its just that I never saw the official press release for the HTC Touch HD and so thought that maybe it was still to be released in India.
Also in the prices that u have mentioned, the Touch HD costs just Rs.100 more than the Touch Pro. I had thought that the Touch HD will be around 8-10k costlier than the Touch Pro.

Nah..just wanted to clarify that ! :)

It's true..
Retailers have a better understanding of the product specs these days & so do consumers,so setting the price right is important ! ;)

setuniket said:
Looking for a phone(gift)..

-Upto 8GB expandable memory

-awesome music player

-GPS

-Good looks

-3G (if possible)

-atleast 2MP cam.

NO SE..!

models? starting price?

it would really help if you set a limit by specifying a budget ! ;)

Anyways,you primarily have two options...

Nokia N79 ~ 19.6k

Or

Nokia N82 Black ~ 19.1k

For a little lesser..

Nokia N78 ~ 15k

Hope this helped...

~ t.t.m ~

Thanks ttm for the idea, I didnt mention my budget because I wanted to know the staring price of such specific phones. I have the options now will look into it and finally decide the gift..

VOIP for Symbian

Gurus Please help me.

Does such a thing exist???

I am aware that skype works well on WinMo devices, though I am not aware if the voice service can be used over GRPS/EDGE.

I need this info as I am looking forward to buy the 5800(S60) as soon as it's launched.

This would be my first smartphone and as you know I have dropped the idea of getting the Asus P320 (touchscreen, Wifi and GPS enabled and offcourse WinMo) which costs just half of what 5800 will.

Any links , Pointers to the same???

motorheadinc said:
Gurus Please help me.

Does such a thing exist???

I am aware that skype works well on WinMo devices, though I am not aware if the voice service can be used over GRPS/EDGE.

I need this info as I am looking forward to buy the 5800(S60) as soon as it's launched.

This would be my first smartphone and as you know I have dropped the idea of getting the Asus P320 (touchscreen, Wifi and GPS enabled and offcourse WinMo) which costs just half of what 5800 will.

Any links , Pointers to the same???

Skype over EDGE is awful. Chat messaging is fine, but voice is not going to be good.

The latency is too high with EDGE.

Stick to Wifi, you'll get so frustrated trying to hold a voice conv. over EDGE.

^^^ So 3G or Wifi is recommended for Skype /VoIP ! Get a smartphone accordingly...

It's always helpful to check out the latest list of supported smartphones on the Skype website.

Hope this helped a bit.

I am heartbroken.

In the other threads it is mentioned that 5800 in alfa is for 26K.

Gurus please suggest what to do.

I was in head over heels with this one...

Should I go and buy asus P320 my original choice (10k on ebay + free ipod, offer only till Dec 16)???

motorheadinc said:
I am heartbroken.

Should I go and buy asus P320 my original choice (10k on ebay + free ipod, offer only till Dec 16)???

pls dont......:) P320 = nada....
N78 way to go!.......if you want touchscreen only then HTC Touch Viva for 15.5k .....

OT : someone should check the printed MRP on the Nokia 5800 and see whats printed .......

amitmishra12 said:
Just Googled SE G700 and Found tht it dosnt has an Camera :'(.... thts sad... i want something with a camera....Should i go for c702 now?

it has a 3.15mp camera but lacks autofocus !
If camera is the main priority ,then get the SE C702....

motorheadinc said:
I am heartbroken.

Patience is everything...

If you are really keen on getting the 5800,wait for the price to drop or source it from some place !

And if you're keen on touchscreen,consider the HTC alternatives...

~* Blackberry Business ! *~

Blackberry 7290 ~ 18.1k

Blackberry Pearl 8100 ~ 20.5k

Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 ~ 21.9k

Blackberry 8300 Curve ~ 22.8k

Blackberry 8120 ~ 23k

Blackberry 8310 ~ 23.1k

Blackberry 8110 ~ 24k

Blackberry 8320 ~ 24k

Blackberry 8800 ~ 28.1k

Blackberry 8820 ~ 29.9k

Blackberry Bold 9000 ~ 33.5k

Blackberry Storm 9500 ~ 35.9k

~ t.t.m ~

Im on a lookout for a new phone. Planning to chuck my 2 yr N72. I was looking at E71 first but due to tight budget think ill need to settle for E51. My budget is 10-11k, Requirement- Business phone, good battery. I hardly use Camera & Music player. Kindly also mention cons of E51.

karan.r said:
Im on a lookout for a new phone. Planning to chuck my 2 yr N72. I was looking at E71 first but due to tight budget think ill need to settle for E51. My budget is 10-11k, Requirement- Business phone, good battery. I hardly use Camera & Music player. Kindly also mention cons of E51.

Apart from the rather unappealing interface,the E51 is a great device that has a lot going for it!!!

Frankly,this would be my very first suggestion for someone who wants a business phone for under 12k !

The SE T700 is also worth considering although not quite business oriented...

Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K

SE T700 ~ 11.3K

I cannot carry a camera phone to office, so I want a phone without camera but with deatures like Wifi and GPRS and memmory card slot, I have been in the lookout for a while, could not get anything.

Could someone help me with this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back