~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

taher said:
get 5800mx it fits the bill perfectly touchscreen experience is not superb but ok.....rest is good and get a good 3.5mm jack earphone (like pl-30 or ep830) to enjoy music on it..:)

Thank you for your response. I dont like 5800 for 2 reasons.. crappy looks and bad cam ... I mean really bad cam

Is there anyhting else I can extend the budget if needed.... please suggest.

What about samsung omnia for a touch screen or N79 for a non touch screen phone...

siddharthshukla said:
Hi people,
I am looking for a value for money phone in the budget of 10k(can stretch it to 11k max). The features i am looking for are:

1. A decent camera(Flash and auto focus not a necessity)
2. A good music player
3. A document viewer(PDF atleast)
4. 3G (Wifi not required)
5. Decent Battery life
6. Atleast 4gb expandable

Initially i had shortlisted the Cookie and the star but now i am having second thoughts , since i feel touch screen phones may not have a good life and both don't have 3G . I also liked the SE C510(No doc viewer) but it doesn't satisfy all my criteria. Can someone please suggest a good phone to me. Also which is better among Cookie and star?? Is it very important to have 3G??

Why dont you go for the Samsung i450?

hahahari said:
Hi guys, I am looking at a price range of around 20k

Features:

Good Life
Good looks and build quality
Good Battery life
Music must be superb and cam must be usable but I dont need the best.
GPS is a must
Good 3rd party app support is important.

Touch screens are welcome as long as they have good life.

Thank you for your help m8...you re doing a gr8 job in this thread.

I have 5 month old N81-3...very new few scratches...all stock acces are avilable ... looking for 9k ...anyone wants, PM me.

N79 is'nt too bad a choice.
But its battery life is no where near to that on the 5800XM.

Also the FP2 on the N79 is not that stable(though a new firmware update has been released in the last week. I dont yet know if it has made the phone stable yet).
Nokia is focussing more on the 5800XM, providing almost monthly firmware updates while it has neglected S60 FP2 phones for a long time.

hahahari said:
Hi guys, I am looking at a price range of around 20k

Features:

Good Life

Good looks and build quality

Good Battery life

Music must be superb and cam must be usable but I dont need the best.

GPS is a must

Good 3rd party app support is important.

Touch screens are welcome as long as they have good life.

Thank you for your help m8...you re doing a gr8 job in this thread.

I have 5 month old N81-3...very new few scratches...all stock acces are avilable ... looking for 9k ...anyone wants, PM me

Your Options:

HTC Touch Diamond ~ 21.3K*
(Touchscreen, No FM)

HTC Touch 3G ~ 19.4K* (Touchscreen, No FM)

Nokia N82 ~ 18.7K*

Nokia E71 ~ 18.5K*

Asus P552W ~ 17.6K*

Nokia 6260 Slide ~ 17.2K*

Nokia N79 ~ 17.1K*

I'll let you decide which one's the best looking.

And this is NOT A MARKET THREAD, so avoid posting content like the above quoted text.

~ T.T.M ~

* Plus 4% VAT

siddharthshukla said:
Hi people,

I am looking for a value for money phone in the budget of 10k(can stretch it to 11k max). The features i am looking for are:

1. A decent camera(Flash and auto focus not a necessity)

2. A good music player

3. A document viewer(PDF atleast)

4. 3G (Wifi not required)

5. Decent Battery life

6. Atleast 4gb expandable

Initially i had shortlisted the Cookie and the star but now i am having second thoughts , since i feel touch screen phones may not have a good life and both don't have 3G . I also liked the SE C510(No doc viewer) but it doesn't satisfy all my criteria. Can someone please suggest a good phone to me. Also which is better among Cookie and star?? Is it very important to have 3G??

First Off, 3G hasn't been fully established here.They are yet to auction the 3G Spectrum among private players like Airtel,Vodafone etc...

Things will probably change towards the end of 2010 but the TARIFF for the 3G services will take sometime to get subsidized.

So one might need to wait for quite sometime to actually utilize the 3G services offered at reasonable prices.

Getting back to your queries.

1. Between the Samsung Star (9.2K*) & LG KP500 Cookie (9.4K*), the former has better specs are more importantly, better battery life.

And if you need 3G, save up and buy the Samsung Star 3G (11.9K*)

2. Best Options :

1. Samsung U800 Soul ~ 9.4K* (3.2MP Cam, Avg. battery life)

2. Nokia E51 ~ 11K* (2MP Cam, Decent battery life)

3. Samsung i450 ~ 11.7K* (2MP Cam, Music Phone)

~ T.T.M ~

Thnx a lot hotshot and TTM for your opinions. If i want to use my phone for atleast 2-3 years , do u think a touchscreen phone like star would be reliable enough ??? Also if i let go of the document viewer, isnt SE C510 a better choice than Samsnug i450???Thankx again for ur replies guyz

Thnx for the reply. Right now I am inclined towards N79 .. but somone in the last page has adviced me against it as it has stability issues? Could you please elaborate on what these issues are.

And please tell me what are the options on phones if I can extend my budget to 25k ...

Regards

hahahari said:
Thnx for the reply. Right now I am inclined towards N79 .. but somone in the last page has adviced me against it as it has stability issues? Could you please elaborate on what these issues are.

And please tell me what are the options on phones if I can extend my budget to 25k ...

Regards

I was far too impatient ... went ahed and bought N79 ... gorgeous :D

taher said:
congo congrats...:)

thnx bro ... I bought N81 few mnths ago hated it ...had to change and when I saw N79, I just jumped at the chance to buy it. N82 isnot too bad either but neither gaming nor imaging is my primary concern. So I went for N79 :)

siddharthshukla said:
Thnx a lot hotshot and TTM for your opinions. If i want to use my phone for atleast 2-3 years , do u think a touchscreen phone like star would be reliable enough ??? Also if i let go of the document viewer, isnt SE C510 a better choice than Samsnug i450???Thankx again for ur replies guyz

The SE C510 only has a better camera but otherwise the Samsung i450 is much better. The i450 has 3.5mm jack and great sound quality. Also it has the Symbian OS v9. So lots of great applications and games are available for the Samsung phone while only java applications are available for the SE.

Am looking for a good mobile in the less than 9K range.

Must have features:
1. Good battery life
2. Excellent music quality
3. Memory card slot (preferably microSD slot)
4. Decent cam (preferably autofocus with some sort of flash)
5. FM
6. Bluetooth
7. Good large display

Optional features:
1. Symbian or Windows OS (I guess they are out of range)
2. 3G
3. Non-candybar type

Budget isn't too flexible. I would like to save as much as possible, but wouldn't mind spending 400 to 500 more if its really worth it.

Please suggest. :)

siddharthshukla said:

As long as the device is used carefully and equally cared for, you'll have no problems.

hotshot05 said:
The SE C510 only has a better camera but otherwise the Samsung i450 is much better. The i450 has 3.5mm jack and great sound quality. Also it has the Symbian OS v9. So lots of great applications and games are available for the Samsung phone while only java applications are available for the SE.

Yeah,the two highlighted features about the phone do prove useful.

On the other hand, the C510 is more portable and sports a better camera.

hp-india said:
Am looking for a good mobile in the less than 9K range.

Must have features:

1. Good battery life

2. Excellent music quality

3. Memory card slot (preferably microSD slot)

4. Decent cam (preferably autofocus with some sort of flash)

5. FM

6. Bluetooth

7. Good large display

Optional features:

1. Symbian or Windows OS (I guess they are out of range)

2. 3G

3. Non-candybar type

Budget isn't too flexible. I would like to save as much as possible, but wouldn't mind spending 400 to 500 more if its really worth it.

Please suggest. :)

Your Options:

Nokia 3600 Slide ~ 8.8K* (3.2MP Cam/AF/Flash)

Samsung E840 ~ 8.4K* (2MP Cam)

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 7.3K* (2MP Cam, Music Phone)

Nokia 3120 classic ~ 7K* (2MP Cam/Flash)

~ T.T.M ~

^^ Thanks for the suggestions. I was also looking at Nokia 5320 XPressMusic. It seems to satisfy most of my requirements and it is Symbian, but overshoots my budget clearly by near about 1K. Now if I am tempted to increase my budget to 10K max, what would be my options other than the 5320XM..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back