~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum, I have been reading lots of stuff for a long time though.

I am using a Android Dev Phone 1 as of now which happens to be terrible in several basic areas as far as a mobile is concerned. And hence I'm out in the market for a backup phone. The idea behind this phone is to remain reachable when the HTC G1 dies in the middle of the day!

My criteria: Maximum possible battery life (talk time and standby, both), very good signal reception and call sound quality. I don't need any other fancy feature e.g. camera, FM, music and not even colour screen! Even if there is not even storage space for contacts, I'm happy. In nutshell the phone should do its basic job of calling. I'm sick of charging things and hence need very good battery life.

Budget is under 5k. Would be happy to spend under 2k if the thing does the work!

Thanks in advance.

anups said:
Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum, I have been reading lots of stuff for a long time though.

I am using a Android Dev Phone 1 as of now which happens to be terrible in several basic areas as far as a mobile is concerned. And hence I'm out in the market for a backup phone. The idea behind this phone is to remain reachable when the HTC G1 dies in the middle of the day!

My criteria: Maximum possible battery life (talk time and standby, both), very good signal reception and call sound quality. I don't need any other fancy feature e.g. camera, FM, music and not even colour screen! Even if there is not even storage space for contacts, I'm happy. In nutshell the phone should do its basic job of calling. I'm sick of charging things and hence need very good battery life.

Budget is under 5k. Would be happy to spend under 2k if the thing does the work!

Thanks in advance.

try the same suggested above .. the NOKIA 1662 and also nokias 1203 ..!!

anups said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

I have a Nokia 1203.
It has a standby time of 2-3 days.
Costs ~ Rs. 1300.

shaibalik said:
try the same suggested above .. the NOKIA 1662 and also nokias 1203 ..!!

Somehow I don't like the cheapo Nokias. They don't perform even single job well. I have owned one of these (1600?) and I must say I didn't like it at all. In call sound quality was pathetic, very harsh and loud, battery life used to be okay but nothing great (hardly 3 hours of talk time). I also tried a new rubberised keypad Nokia and the keypad swelled (as if there is air inside)!

I am okay in terms of increasing my budget to aroun 6-8k but my criteria remains the same: 1. Battery life, 2. In-call sound quality and 3. Signal reception.

By the way I used a friend's E63 yesterday and I liked its in-call sound quality. Does Nokia offer the same sound quality in some cheaper phone?

anups said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

What you need is the Samsung E1160 ! :eek:hyeah:

anups said:
Somehow I don't like the cheapo Nokias.

Boy, do I agree! The very reason I don't recommend them anymore.

Just not the same.

PhOeNiX said:
Phone for a relative. <3k (2k if possible) with FM. That's all they need :p

The Samsung E2130 (2.8K*) should be perfect.

And a marginally cheaper alternative: Samsung E2120 ~ 2.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

viralbug said:
Hey TTM, great job you're doing here. :)

I could use a little help from you. I need to buy a very basic phone for <1.5k.
I just want something that is easy for texting and ofcourse a little calling.

Also, I was hoping if I could transfer the messages from the new phone to my old N73. I don't know if its possible, especially for the low end phones. But maybe it is for Nokia phones using Nokia manager, but I'm not sure. This is not a necessity, but would definitely be great if possible.

Oh and would GPRS be too much to ask for? :ashamed:

EDIT: How is Samsung E1085? It also seems to have EDGE! Hope it's good for texting, the keypad is a little curved.

Have you checked out the phone in person???
In GSMArena, I read that te phone has no GPRS. Can you confirm if it has or does not have EDGE and if it can be connected to a PC???

thetoxicmind said:
What you need is the Samsung E1160 ! :eek:hyeah:

Boy, do I agree! The very reason I don't recommend them anymore.
Just not the same.

The Samsung E2130 (2.8K*) should be perfect.

And a marginally cheaper alternative: Samsung E2120 ~ 2.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

GSMArena mentions the battery life of E1160 way superior than the E2120 and E2130? If yes, E1160 is the best bet for me, unless E2120/2130 perform better in terms of in-call voice quality and signal reception?

By the way how about SE J105 Naite? This phone too claims to have some 14 hrs of talk time! Anyone owns this here?

Can some one suggest me a decent phone in 8k.
It should have
1. Good battery backup
2. Sleek,sturdy and good looking
3. Should have an option to store Messages, Phone book to computer and Install Themes
4. Music player, cam are not compulsory
I have gone through this and Found that Samsung Corby and Nokia 5230 are good. Can some one comment on this?

hotshot05 said:
In GSMArena, I read that te phone has no GPRS. Can you confirm if it has or does not have EDGE and if it can be connected to a PC???

No I haven't checked it out yet. I'll see if I can find time today, otherwise on Wednesday when I come back from a small trip.

thenvk said:
It should have
1. Good battery backup
3. Should have an option to store Messages, Phone book to computer and Install Themes
I have gone through this and Found that Samsung Corby and Nokia 5230 are good. Can some one comment on this?

Grab Nokia 5230, without thinking anymore.

sathinfotrix said:
guys which one is best among the 3 SE W 595,SE T 710,SE C510 ALSO LET ME KNOW ANY MOBILE LESS THAN 10 K GOOD CAMERA RESOLUTION 3.2 MP AND SOUND FEATURE

595 every and each possible way ..

thenvk said:
It should have
1. Good battery backup

As far as your needs are concerned .. Nokia 5230 fits in the bill ..to tell you something .. you cannot install themes in samsung corby .. and i am pretty sure of this fact .. so .. 5230 remains the sole option to you .. hope this helps ..:hap2:

Whats the cost of Samsung Omni b7610 and Samsung Omnia HD in Delhi???
I checked out nearby and b7610 is 22000/- and HD is costing around 27500/-....
Can i getter a better deal??
Also.. Omnia HD seems to be a great phone.. do you agree??

hotshot05 said:

Actually, it's a misprint on GSMArena.

It doesn't have GPRS, leave alone EDGE.

And no, it cannot be connected to a PC.

anups said:
GSMArena mentions the battery life of E1160 way superior than the E2120 and E2130? If yes, E1160 is the best bet for me, unless E2120/2130 perform better in terms of in-call voice quality and signal reception?

By the way how about SE J105 Naite? This phone too claims to have some 14 hrs of talk time! Anyone owns this here?

The Samsung E2130 replaces the now discontinued E2120B.

Although the Samsung E1160 has the same 1000mAh battery as the other two models, it being a basic model, better utilizes the battery to offer a rated talktime of upto 12.3 hrs and upto 730hrs of standby time.

In-call voice quality and signal reception are pretty much the same, that being good enough, across the range. You can of course go the User Opinions on GSMArena, to look for reports on the same.

Well, doesn't the SE Naite overshoot your budget by quite a bit?

sathinfotrix said:
guys which one is best among the 3 SE W 595,SE T 710,SE C510 ALSO LET ME KNOW ANY MOBILE LESS THAN 10 K GOOD CAMERA RESOLUTION 3.2 MP AND SOUND FEATURE

Good camera: SE C510

Decent all-rounder: SE T710

Music device: SE W595

anups said:

The Samsung E2130 replaces the now discontinued E2120B.

Although the Samsung E1160 has the same 1000mAh battery as the other two models, it being a basic model, better utilizes the battery to offer a rated talktime of upto 12.3 hrs and upto 730hrs of standby time.

In-call voice quality and signal reception are pretty much the same, that being good enough, across the range. You can of course go the User Opinions on GSMArena, to look for reports on the same.

Well, doesn't the SE Naite overshoot your budget by quite a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back