The Motorola Defy Thread

Cm7 is up and running on my Defy! *Clap*

The install process went really smooth. And I was super happy I didn't get any bootloops!

But. I did mange to make a super mistake.

Uninstall ADW to try and install GO launcher. Haha. epic fail. had to reflash the rom. Currently on the Boot 179! Shall use it for a while and then upgrade to the latest nightly :)

Thanks for all the help guys!

ubsmart said:
its been close to 3 months of love with motorola. Now, I realise I need to upgrade my memory card fom puny 2 GB to 16 Gigs atleast. I have two questions

- What is the class of memory card I need to buy

- I already have the data on the memory card, will copying the data into the new card and swapping the same in the phone will work?

Thanks in anticipation of answers

Been using 16gb class 4 card and pretty happy with it. Just copy the data to the new card, everything will be fine. Btw, if you have apps installed in the SD card, it would be wise to first move it phone and then move it back once you have the new sd card installed.

I had light flow installed on my stock froyo with diff colours for diff apps..

with CM7, The led doesn't seem to blink, just a random solid colour for diff notifications.. I even uninstalled light flow and reset all the notifications.. no luck.. the test flash from the cm settings randomly flashes some colour..

Also, is there any way to switch off the charging notification led?

Also, have the Camera FC issues been fixed in the newer nightly? Do I have to do a factory reset to upgrade to a nightly?

Refer the first post of this thread.. :)

@Kill: After 1.7.15, so many issues creeped up and I had to move to CM7. I'm still waiting for the next update to install this one :eek:hyeah: (also I'm gonna try WIUI)

wolvish said:
Refer the first post of this thread.. :)

@Kill: After 1.7.15, so many issues creeped up and I had to move to CM7. I'm still waiting for the next update to install this one :eek:hyeah: (also I'm gonna try WIUI)

1.8.5 is very good. Give it a try. WiUI is coming after 12th.

sunny27 said:
This app CATlog is amazing! It told me that I have a red lens with a Bayer module in my phone.

Yeah it is great. I got mine delivered from letsbuy with July manufacture, but it was green lens :( .... so I used Catlog and it said I have "Bayer" module!!! :) am happy as can be now :clap:

Any one using higher capacity batteries with their defy? The three of the most recommended batteries in different forums in order of reliability and quality are as follows:-

[1] [HLI-BF5XSL] Buy Mugen Power 1700mAh Extended Battery for Motorola MB525 Defy / MB520 Bravo (costliest of the 3 listed here and the best quality battery with warranty)

[2] Discount 2200mah Andida Battery For Motorola Milestone 3 [bty007 ME525 MB525 Defy]- US$9.99 - OBOstore.com (works properly for some and erratically for others approved by some members in XDA forums)

[3] Discount 3500mah Extended Battery for Motorola Defy [bty046 Defy Me525]- US$10.99 - OBOstore.com (provides the highest capacity but then you end up loosing the water resistant capability of the phone and add a lot of bulk to the handset)

Anyone using any of these batteries, do please shed some light on the performance. I plan to go for the Andida or Mugen power shortly and could do with some feedback

killmastern3 said:
1.8.5 is very good. Give it a try. WiUI is coming after 12th.

Hmm.. I've dlded it, yet to flash.. Did you notice a new bug in 2.3.5? If you rename/modify any mp3 in file explorer, it won't be recognized in any player, irrespective of CM7 or MIUI.

How much free memory does everyone have after killing all apps (except the standard which will start no matter how often u kill em), i get abt 240MB free max?

I am on MIUI 1.7.15

killmastern3 said:
Without killing any apps, I have 1.1 gb.

I think he's talking about the RAM.. not the internal storage :)

zopeon said:
How much free memory does everyone have after killing all apps (except the standard which will start no matter how often u kill em), i get abt 240MB free max?

I am on MIUI 1.7.15

I have 185MB free right now, nothing killed.. phone's been running for a day+ now.. so, 240 seems good?

Also, the android memory management system is different from the symbian/windows we are commonly used to.. it's just preloaded into the memory.. doesn't mean it's actively running..

EDIT: I just rebooted and checked.. 255MB with Cm7 4th Aug nightly.. :)

Back