The Motorola Defy Thread

^^Instead of thinking and posting stuff here, you could have gone through motorola india website and its service centre locations and yes you were spreading rumors by posting that stuff on all the threads.

RS4 said:
^^Instead of thinking and posting stuff here, you could have gone through motorola india website and its service centre locations and yes you were spreading rumors by posting that stuff on all the threads.

Since I was only able the access the net by mobile, the Moto site did open but was not able to navigate.

1. 2 threads are NOT all the threads unless your eyes can only see 2 in the whole forum.

2. No human can think that asking questions = spreading rumours. Better think before you reply.

Hi guys finally took the plunge and installed CM 7 RC 1 yesterday using NAndroid + fixed sbf route.

everything is fine,,,, exceot when I try to downoad swype in te browser I keep getting a msg saying "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly"

and then I have to FC ...please tell me what to do.....

now that I have tried one rom feel liek trying WIUI out too...before I move onto leaked GB roms

mrnikhilsudo said:
Hi guys finally took the plunge and installed CM 7 RC 1 yesterday using NAndroid + fixed sbf route.

everything is fine,,,, exceot when I try to downoad swype in te browser I keep getting a msg saying "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly"

and then I have to FC ...please tell me what to do.....

now that I have tried one rom feel liek trying WIUI out too...before I move onto leaked GB roms

Appreciate if you can tell me the whole procedure to install CM7 from starting to End.

i have rooted my Defy but how to back up current ROM ?

Cloud-S said:
Since I was only able the access the net by mobile, the Moto site did open but was not able to navigate.

1. 2 threads are NOT all the threads unless your eyes can only see 2 in the whole forum.
2. No human can think that asking questions = spreading rumours. Better think before you reply.

It's a clear case of spreading rumours,no use denying now,here are the 3 threads in which you posted the exact same thing:

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-motorola-defy-thread-191764-32.html#post1891451
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-p...oid-phone-under-15k-195737-2.html#post1891447
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/motorola-defy-query-195474-2.html#post1891446

RS4 said:

About the info which now seems false, I went to Jumbo, MobileStore and Hotspot and non of them were having any Moto except the Quench. So, the question was completely normal and there was (supposed) to be not a problem to ask the fellow members here.

Dude, I don't know whats your problem.

I clearly was asking the members. I am not a HTC man who will try to spread rumors or anything. Its like A:"Hey, is america in Europe?"

B:"Hey man, you are spreading rumors, don't listen!!"

:tongue:

Yes, I posted in multiple threads so that I can get a quick answer. I even posted this question before, but didn't got any answer.

Anyway, I don't care what you think. I got the details which I wanted thanks to the members who helped.

^^ironically i was the one who informed that moto has 5 service centres in delhi,anyways its good to see that you have cleared your doubts about motorola india :)

^^^ Marginally better camera quality in the red lens and the cameras with red lens works with custom roms running gingerbread. To detect your whether your camera is green or red you can do the following things:-
[1] Listen to the noise the camera makes when it starts up -- red lens based cameras make this clicking noise
[2] Look at the lens colour to determine whether its red or green
[3] Camera modules with red lens take images which exceed 1 MB in size
[4] Use the CATlog app to determine your camera module - Bayer(runs on every custom ROM) and SOC (which apparently doesn't run some apps/ROMS)
[5] Some green lens Motorola Defys come with a Bayer module as well

How to install CATlog?

1. Install this free app :- https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat
2. Open the app
3. Hit "Home"
4. Open "Camera"
5. Exit "Camera"
6. Open CATlog
7. Search "CameraCommon"

is everyone deaf here ?

I'm asking the same question from past so many days how to backup current ROM and no one is willing to answer..!!

rather helping others some are into useless fights !!

help..!!

^^ Are you blind? Can't you read the posts in this thread on how to backup roms/sbf using titanium backup or nandroid? Can't you simply Google your query - How to back up my ROM in Android/Motorola Defy?

NDragger said:
Appreciate if you can tell me the whole procedure to install CM7 from starting to End.

i have rooted my Defy but how to back up current ROM ?

Dont lose your cool dude. The entire procedure is here on the first page itself. It is more detailed than the FAQ on XDA.

To backup your current rom, isntall Clockwork mod recovery and then select "reboot recovery" option.... when in ... first go and create a backup. that is your backup.

As for warranty purposes, on the first page of this thread there is a link to "SEA full sbf" ... that will bring your phone back to original day 1 position.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS: I used Nandroid + fixed sbf method..... but the details for that is only on XDA FAQ...

:hap2:

guys I bricked my phone yesterday :(

Lucky for me the "MAcgyver method" worked!!!!!!:hap2::clap::cool2:

Ok so now onto WIUI. Please tell me if the procedure is the sme for WIUI as it is for CM 7? can I use the Nadroid + fixed sbf method here too?

mrnikhilsudo said:
Dont lose your cool dude. The entire procedure is here on the first page itself. It is more detailed than the FAQ on XDA.

To backup your current rom, isntall Clockwork mod recovery and then select "reboot recovery" option.... when in ... first go and create a backup. that is your backup.

As for warranty purposes, on the first page of this thread there is a link to "SEA full sbf" ... that will bring your phone back to original day 1 position.

PS: I used Nandroid + fixed sbf method..... but the details for that is only on XDA FAQ...
:hap2:

guys I bricked my phone yesterday :(
Lucky for me the "MAcgyver method" worked!!!!!!:hap2::clap::cool2:
Ok so now onto WIUI. Please tell me if the procedure is the sme for WIUI as it is for CM 7? can I use the Nadroid + fixed sbf method here too?

Err... You installed CM7 by flashing a zip file, not nandroid and fixed sbf method. In nandroid method, you need to restore the backup and then flash the fixed sbf through rsd which you don't do for cm7. You need to use nandroid only for leaked gb roms.

^ hey killmastern3,

SO if I want to use CM 7 RC 1 , that means I should directly use the .zip file? In that case how do I return to stock Froyo? I will need to flash SEA Full SBF for that right?

also how to install WIUI? is it the same .... i.e. just install .zip

mrnikhilsudo said:
^ hey killmastern3,
SO if I want to use CM 7 RC 1 , that means I should directly use the .zip file? In that case how do I return to stock Froyo? I will need to flash SEA Full SBF for that right?

also how to install WIUI? is it the same .... i.e. just install .zip

Yes to all!!! FOr stock, flash SEA sbf using RSD. WIUI, MIUI, CM7 all follow the same process. If you are in CM7 and want to install MIUI or WIUI, just go to custom recovery, wipe cache and data and flash the M(W)IUI zip. No need to go through Froyo again.

Btw, have been in MIUI for 2 weeks now. Longest time without flashing other roms :eek:hyeah:

killmastern3 said:
Yes to all!!! FOr stock, flash SEA sbf using RSD. WIUI, MIUI, CM7 all follow the same process. If you are in CM7 and want to install MIUI or WIUI, just go to custom recovery, wipe cache and data and flash the M(W)IUI zip. No need to go through Froyo again.

Btw, have been in MIUI for 2 weeks now. Longest time without flashing other roms :eek:hyeah:

Yeah I agree.. WIUI is really a beauty...even better than miui. Thanks for your help. now I know most of the stuff I need to....including mcgyver :D

CM7 does offer more functionality I feel..... like using volume up/down buttons to chage songs when in standby etc......

how is the battery life...any tips.?

which is the best baseband?

Back