The Motorola Defy Thread

warewolf4586 said:
for me the sceen always stuck to that android sign with triangle.....than if i press both vol. up & down, it goes to stock recovery

how to proceed (i have rooted my phone using superoneclick 2.1.1)
You are holding down the volume down button. Do not hold it down. Just turn the phone on as normal and then wait for the blue led. Then press the volume down button only once.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys does wireless tether work perfectly for you? For me it works for a few minutes and after that it shows various problems. Sometimes Windows says it's connected but it says "Identifying". And sometimes I can't access pages even though it says connected with internet access. Rebooting the phone resets the problem. I use Barnacle Wifi Tether.

NOT getting any blue LED
will it appear after motorola screen or before that ?

kvikram said:
You are holding down the volume down button. Do not hold it down. Just turn the phone on as normal and then wait for the blue led. Then press the volume down button only once.

Guys does wireless tether work perfectly for you? For me it works for a few minutes and after that it shows various problems. Sometimes Windows says it's connected but it says "Identifying". And sometimes I can't access pages even though it says connected with internet access. Rebooting the phone resets the problem. I use Barnacle Wifi Tether.

If you're not getting a blue LED, then you haven't installed 2nd-init. Get it from the market.

2nd-init is basically a bootmenu which allows you to boot into custom recovery directly on switching on the phone. 2nd-init already has custom recovery inbuilt.

Just install 2nd-init following the in-app instructions closely.

yes....it works now....thanx
but again and again when i reboot, it enters stock ROM first, what settings to follow, just setting 2nd-int as default is enough or is there any other setting too ?

kvikram said:
If you're not getting a blue LED, then you haven't installed 2nd-init. Get it from the market.

2nd-init is basically a bootmenu which allows you to boot into custom recovery directly on switching on the phone. 2nd-init already has custom recovery inbuilt.

Just install 2nd-init following the in-app instructions closely.

warewolf4586 said:
yes....it works now....thanx

but again and again when i reboot, it enters stock ROM first, what settings to follow, just setting 2nd-int as default is enough or is there any other setting too ?

Set 2ndinit as default.

From my experience you will be stuck on a black screen (or the moto logo) if you're booting in 2nd unit without having flashed a custom rom. You'll also get a black screen if you boot in normal mode after having flashed a custom rom.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I am on Stock 2.2 Froyo, Rooted, installed 2ndint and i have set normal as default....

It's working fine :)

kvikram said:
From my experience you will be stuck on a black screen (or the moto logo) if you're booting in 2nd unit without having flashed a custom rom. You'll also get a black screen if you boot in normal mode after having flashed a custom rom.

I want a 16GB SD card (class 6 or higher) for my defy
pls suggest any supported card, or any thread where i can find it

^^^you can if you want to. I went for a pack of three (3) frosted, anti glare screen guards, cost me Rs.52($1.20) from Ebay.com (USA). It was shipped from Hong Kong and I received it in 5 days flat. The quality is very good. These are perfectly cut for the Motorola Defy. I also got a gel TPU case from Ebay.com for Rs.100 which I received in 5 days flat and is of very good quality. Amzer sells similar stuff in India for Rs.250+shipping. I also ordered another smoky black gel tpu case (much thicker than the one I already have) for Rs.200. It arrived yesterday. I shall upload those pictures later.

Images of the gel tpu case I bought along with the non reflective anti glare screen guard applied to the phone's screen:-

[attachment=9126:15748.attach]

[attachment=9127:15749.attach]

[attachment=9128:15750.attach]

[attachment=9129:15751.attach]

[attachment=9130:15752.attach]

[attachment=9131:15753.attach]

Attachments

• Image0872.jpg
    Image0872.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Image0873.jpg
    Image0873.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Image0874.jpg
    Image0874.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Image0875.jpg
    Image0875.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Image0876.jpg
    Image0876.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Image0877.jpg
    Image0877.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 112
Amzer silicon jelly case is pretty good but extremely hard to remove from a jeans pocket. I used mine only for a couple of weeks. Get a screenguard, I never bothered to get one and have several scratches due to this. Also I have dust inclusion at the top right corner of my screen.. looks ugly :(

sunny27 said:
^^^you can if you want to. I went for a pack of three (3) frosted, anti glare screen guards, cost me Rs.52($1.20) from Ebay.com (USA). It was shipped from Hong Kong and I received it in 5 days flat. The quality is very good. These are perfectly cut for the Motorola Defy. I also got a gel TPU case from Ebay.com for Rs.100 which I received in 5 days flat and is of very good quality. Amzer sells similar stuff in India for Rs.250+shipping. I also ordered another smoky black gel tpu case (much thicker than the one I already have) for Rs.200. It arrived yesterday. I shall upload those pictures later.

Images of the gel tpu case I bought not the nn reflective anti glare screen guard applied to the phone's screen:-

View attachment 16827View attachment 16828View attachment 16829View attachment 16830View attachment 16831View attachment 16832

Please post the linkies. Danke!

+LT

killmastern3 said:
Amzer silicon jelly case is pretty good but extremely hard to remove from a jeans pocket. I used mine only for a couple of weeks. Get a screenguard, I never bothered to get one and have several scratches due to this. Also I have dust inclusion at the top right corner of my screen.. looks ugly :(

Defy has Gorilla Glass isn't it ? How come your Defy has scratches on it's screen ?

sunny27 said:

Images of the gel tpu case I bought not the nn reflective anti glare screen guard applied to the phone's screen:-

View attachment 16827View attachment 16828View attachment 16829View attachment 16830View attachment 16831View attachment 16832

Can you link me to the stuff. I cant find a screen protector online here.

Back