The Motorola Defy Thread

Just got this phone yesterday & I'm quite happy with my decision. Upgraded to Defy from my 3 year old Nokia 5700 XM.

Since I'm new to Android world, would like to know the things which should be done, installed before I use my Defy for everyday. The recommended apps, performance tweaks if any etc.

warewolf4586 said:
2G checked

and also 2G and "some" MA in end

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also i just did

wipe cache

wipe data

amd installed CM7 RC0

phone is rebooting again and again ?????

Install new version of CM7 i.e RC1 v2 and report back

Punker said:
Guys battery of Defy is horrible. Phone gets discharged in 10 hours :mad:

Sometimes the GPRS sucks a lot of battery. So does screen brightness. Please post your battery usage screenshot to understand further.

Cool G5 said:
Just got this phone yesterday & I'm quite happy with my decision. Upgraded to Defy from my 3 year old Nokia 5700 XM.

Since I'm new to Android world, would like to know the things which should be done, installed before I use my Defy for everyday. The recommended apps, performance tweaks if any etc.
If you want to install custom ROMS and such, you have quite a bit of reading to do. Skim the xda developers forum. And installing a custom ROM is highly recommended since the stock ROM is a battery hog.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I bought a Defy from Letsbuy this month of the 8th! It says the phone has been manufactured in August.Still I have the green lens on the phone! :(. Does it signify that I want put the custom ROMs on my phone?!

Cool G5 said:

Please tell which camera lens your defy got (red or Green)? And from where u have bought this?

govinda123 said:
Please tell which camera lens your defy got (red or Green)? And from where u have bought this?

I got green camera lens manufacturing date july 2011 and bought from letsbuy.com

@warewolf4586 - factory reset your phone and install cm7 rc1 v2 again

nandroid backup taken before flashing finally did the trick

yippi !!!!!

but again i am on my stock ROM (i think so) but it is working as a phone atleast.

Now how shud I proceed...shud I install a fixed SBF for nordic and than install CM7

or directly CM7 RC_1V2 widout fixed SBF ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Do i need to flash SBF again?

Punker said:
I got green camera lens manufacturing date july 2011 and bought from letsbuy.com

@warewolf4586 - factory reset your phone and install cm7 rc1 v2 again

I did flashed full SBF again and ran nandroid backup
after that I flashed with fixed one.

Till now everything was ok

just after this I installed CM7 RC1_2

Now Vodafone network is not available.....

I can't get wt's happening

Hey guyz,

sorry for such a stupid quetsions, am new to this android n all. Just started using my defy, hardly 2 days.

I see people install CM7 etc .

What is the point of this ? Does it only makes the user exp better like more speed etc etc or it can also help me in installing paid apps for free.. Like some crack n like that.

Himanshunegi198 said:
Hey guyz,

sorry for such a stupid quetsions, am new to this android n all. Just started using my defy, hardly 2 days.

I see people install CM7 etc .

What is the point of this ? Does it only makes the user exp better like more speed etc etc or it can also help me in installing paid apps for free.. Like some crack n like that.

CM7 is newer version of Android i.e 2.3.4. Defy comes with older version i.e 2.2. 2.2 is battery hog. CM7 is fast with awesome UI and you can overclock your phone's proccy to 1ghz from 800mhz. You can't download paid applications for free go to android market and select free applications and you'll see which all free applications you can get. CM7 is purely OS upgrade and has nothing to do with free applications and stuff. If you wanna install CM7 then go to page 34 sunny27 has posted steps follow them.

@warewolf4586 -

1. GO back to stock ROM (Hard/Factory reset)

2. Install CM7 RC1 v2

3. If still problem somes go to www.xda-developers.com register there and post your problem.

Punker said:
CM7 is newer version of Android i.e 2.3.4. Defy comes with older version i.e 2.2. 2.2 is battery hog. CM7 is fast with awesome UI and you can overclock your phone's proccy to 1ghz from 800mhz. You can't download paid applications for free go to android market and select free applications and you'll see which all free applications you can get. CM7 is purely OS upgrade and has nothing to do with free applications and stuff. If you wanna install CM7 then go to page 34 sunny27 has posted steps follow them.

1 last questions, CM7 does it have bugs ?? or is it 100% as good as stock in terms of errors?

@govinda123 - Its the green lens. Got it from letsbuy.

@kvikram - Is the new CM7 stable? I would prefer to wait before dabbling into ROM flashing. For now, I'll use the phone on stock ROM.

Yes CM7 is very stable. I got my phone almost 3-4 days ago and I switched to CM7 the very next night as stock ROM was sucking battery very fast.

Yup I waited about a week and then got into rooting.... cannot believe I waited that long!

anyway.... food for thought..... if you dont root...there are certain games like .... Dead Space which you just cannot play.

Back