The Motorola Defy Thread

where do we need to select none ? I have flashed the phone earlier before and never had to click anything anywhere to make the phone pass the test. Now i managed to get my phone to pass the test but its been 20 mins since its on the screen with android written on it and its not in the OS.

What/where is the option to select usb connection to None? I managed to get my phone now to pass the test. I am yet to get into the os. Its been 20 mins since i have been staring at an android screen with black background. efffing thing ruined my sunday siesta.

wolvish said:
^^ It's not rooting the phone, you are just flashing the official ROM to your phone using RSDlite. You need to select USB connection to "None" to make your phone "PASS" the test.. Rooting your phone is done via Superoneclick. You have to select "None" 2 or 3 times and then only RSDlite will show "PASS".

What/where is the option to select usb connection to None? I managed to get my phone now to pass the test. I am yet to get into the os. Its been 20 mins since i have been staring at an android screen with black background. efffing thing ruined my sunday siesta.

wolvish said:
^^ It's not rooting the phone, you are just flashing the official ROM to your phone using RSDlite. You need to select USB connection to "None" to make your phone "PASS" the test.. Rooting your phone is done via Superoneclick. You have to select "None" 2 or 3 times and then only RSDlite will show "PASS".

sunny27 said:

Wipe the device in stock recovery. Did you wipe before flash?? If not, this is what happens. Please pull the battery and wipe, it will boot into the homescreen.

Sorry Sunny, had difficulties accessing TE for the last two days.. As kill ^^ said, always wipe in your stock recovery before AND after flashing with RSDlite.. How is your phone doing now?

I just updated to cm7.1.0-RC1-jordan-signed. I am unable to get my vodafone sim card detected. My idea sim card is detected. even on doing a network discovery vodafone is not available. I changed my old vodafone sim to a new sim today. the vodafone sim is detected in the old cm7.1.0-RC0-jordan-signed. Any idea what could be wrong?

You need to change your baseband to indian one.. Search in xda forums for new base band switcher, flash it in recovery and then open and switch to indian base band, then reboot..

^^^How to do that? I thought the new base band switcher is available by default in the ROM itself.

sunny27 said:
^^^How to do that? I thought the new base band switcher is available by default in the ROM itself.

you need to flash the baseband switcher. you will find it in xda, defy android development section. place it on your sd card, boot into recovery by pressing the vol- button when the led flashes blue during boot up, go to custom recovery and flash the zip. reboot the phone, open the app, change to india, you will find it in the third tab, and reboot. you need to do this everytime you flash a rom.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Punker said:
Guys is Defy a good buy because I'm thinking to get this.

can you please state your requirements?

I think Defy's worth more than 3-4 months use.. Why not save the extra bucks to get iPhone then, instead of investing 14400 for 3-4 months?

guys got my Defy today :) very pleased with it :)

now it runs 2.2.2 and MSU didnt give me any updates for it so its the latest bug free version of 2.2.2.... am enjoying it right now...battery life is pathetic. it went down quite a lot in a span of 6 hrs.......

so what is the first thing I should do? root it? eventually I will. jsut getting a hang of it right now.....

Which rom/app supports .FLAC files? please let me know.

finally,

How do I upgrade to CM7RC0/1 without losing downgradability? Do I still need to flash the Nandroid backup of Nordic or can I directly go for flashing RSD lite? let me know the procedure please.

Oh and what app/widget should I use to get my GPRS data usage?

and does this 2.2.2 version run Motoblur

^ phone that I'm using right now is not usable any more and I will but iPhone in December or January.

Hmm, as you might have read the suggestions all around the forum, DEFY is a good buy at 14,200 with a free Jabra bluetooth headset @ letsbuy.com with coupon 'icicilb'. It's rugged, got a 3.7 inch edge to edge capacitive touch LCD screen @ 854x480 with gorilla glass, got a decent CPU and GPU, physical flash (can be used as a torch) and wide number of custom ROMs to choose from.

The only cons are the lack of front cam and the average primary camera. But I am sure that the phone will keep you occupied until you buy iPhone 5. :)

iPhone 5 rumours: what you need to know | News | TechRadar UK

mrnikhilsudo said:
guys got my Defy today :) very pleased with it :)

now it runs 2.2.2 and MSU didnt give me any updates for it so its the latest bug free version of 2.2.2.... am enjoying it right now...battery life is pathetic. it went down quite a lot in a span of 6 hrs.......

so what is the first thing I should do? root it? eventually I will. jsut getting a hang of it right now.....

Which rom/app supports .FLAC files? please let me know.

finally,

How do I upgrade to CM7RC0/1 without losing downgradability? Do I still need to flash the Nandroid backup of Nordic or can I directly go for flashing RSD lite? let me know the procedure please.

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.4) - xda-developers

[FAQ] Cyanogenmod 7 by Quarx - xda-developers

Both should give a fair amount of idea about flashing. Also read up the first post of this very thread by Killmastern. My suggestion would be to use the stock froyo for a week or so and then try flashing new ROMs. MIUI - gives Defy look like an iPhone, whereas CM7 gives performance. Both CM7 and MIUI support flac files.

Read around a bit, (especially this Defy thread and xda forum) about flashing and stuff before trying out.. And welcome to the community BTW :hap2:

There's a red version of the Motorola Defy available now. Has it been spotted in India?

A few questions:-

[1]Has anyone tried out Battery calibration on their Defy? Does it work as advertised and what are the improvements in terms of battery life it offers?

[2] Has anyone used/is using extended battery packs or extended batteries with their Defy? I am planning to buy a Mugen 1700 mAh battery or the one used here Discount 2200mah Andida Battery For Motorola Milestone 3 [bty007 ME525 MB525 Defy]- US$9.99 - OBOstore.com - Its got some good feedback in Xda Forums.

^^ battery calibration just updates the battery stats file/ it is recommended to calibrate after flashing a new ROM so that the stats are updated correctly according to the new ROM. You cannot expect huge improvements. How ever you use practically people are getting Maximum 1- 2 days.

I suppose since the phone is new and we are always flashing one or the other ROM, trying new apps the battery will always be draining. So 1 day is the average battery life we should expect.

My Motorola Defy does not show 100% on unplugging the charger even though the battery shows 100%/fully charged . On unplugging the charger it jumps to 99%. I am using CM7 rc 1 v2. Any suggestions?

Back