The Motorola Defy Thread

Re: Multitouch

killmastern3 said:
Now multitouch works on defy. This has been integrated in the latest CM7 nightly. Now you can touch the screen with yen fingers and it detects all of them. :)
but what you will do with ten finger touch.......

vivekb said:
but what you will do with ten finger touch.......
Lol. Good question. Can't think of anything right now. Will get back to you on that later ;)

Stock gingerbread is awesome. I like the ui, cm7 and miui look dull compared to the vibrant appearance of gb. You guys gotta try it once.

killmastern3 said:
Lol. Good question. Can't think of anything right now. Will get back to you on that later ;)

Stock gingerbread is awesome. I like the ui, cm7 and miui look dull compared to the vibrant appearance of gb. You guys gotta try it once.
How did you flash GB. I heard you cannot downgrade once you flash it with stock GB...

Also guys can anyone getting more than 1.5 day battery suggest something...My old samsung I used to forget where I kept my charger....Now this charger is coming with me everywhere

digital_brain said:
I cant access vodafoe Live on my defy, but i used on my previous samsung monte! any help with the settings?
I had same issue with airtel though ( mine worked with a voda sim though w/o issues )
Check following
1. Data roaming is enabled
2. Try doing maual apn settings or visit zonal office ( The only thing that worked for me)

AsidXxx said:
Ah ok. So I can directly go to Step 2? What if I want to go back to the stock ROM for warranty and related shit?

Code:
6) Can I restore my phone to send it to warranty after flashing CM7? 

- You can in these two situations

1 - You have a full SBF of your original ROM (for carriers that already released 2.2 is very easy to find one)

2 - You have a nandroid backup AND a fixed SBF of the version you need.

Its all in the FAQ yaar.

I installed the zip instead of flashing nandroid backup+fixed sbf. Now it's stuck on Red Motorola logo. Then I realized that I did not apply Greenbreadmod.

Since I have no microSD card adapter, is it possible to transfer files to the SD card through custom recovery?

Here is the link for full sbf for official 2.2 Indian Froyo released on July 6th link

@killmastern3: could you update it in 1st post so that people looking for it to claim waranty can find it easily?

kvikram said:
Same problem :(

I'm planning to switch back to MIUI and install LauncherPro. I love CM7 but the email and wifi problems just kills it :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Or heck! I'll just go back to stock froyo and install LauncherPro. Best option.
Turns out that by default the mail sync is not ticked and now when they are, everything is normal. Each account i add has to be manually ticked for syncing of emails. Though contacts and calendars are ticked by default. Also i dont have any wifi issue, what is it really for u?

Back