The Motorola Defy Thread

Guys the pics from my Defy seems to be overexposed. I have Defy(green lens SOC module) with CM7.1 RC 1.5. Does anyone else has noticed same issue? Any fix you can suggest.

I updated to the latest version of 2nd init, and now my Defy is stuck on boot logo :(. I tried restoring an old nandroid backup from the custom recovery, but still the same problem. I've tried both 2nd init boot and normal boot. Neither work. I'm thinking I have to flash sbf :(.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. I forgot to turn off USB debugging before rebooting the Defy. My bad. :( What is to be done now?

You should NEVER update to the latest 2nd init bruh.. You need to do a factory reset from moto recevery, flash a full sbf and start the process all over again with 2nd init (version 1.4.2 i guess).. Good luck.. :)

I just flashed WIUI over CM7. I guess WIUI is compatible with the latest 2nd init. Working fine now :D. I'm not totally satisfied with the scrolling speed of the menus, but I guess it's okay considering how awesome it looks :eek:hyeah:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Wow. WIUI is awesome :D. CM7 sucks big time compared to WIUI.

And it's extremely fast now. Not like the older releases of MIUI which were very sluggish.

i m using Motorola Defy with BSNL 3G.. kindly suggest how to use mobile and connect to PC and use internet on PC?

commn guys.. so many users .. no reply...?

terminater said:
i m using Motorola Defy with BSNL 3G.. kindly suggest how to use mobile and connect to PC and use internet on PC?

commn guys.. so many users .. no reply...?

You need to use the USB tethering app to use 3G in PC. I've never done it, so I didn't reply. I'm using the MotoGinger Teaser 5.1, which has a MotoTether app, just for this purpose.. If you want, you can try it.. It's fairly a stable ROM with 720p video recording..

i want to use internet on my Desktop..with defy as modem... nsd the deskyp does not hacve wifi.. neither bluetooth.... only means of connecting is the usb cable provided with defy... how to use internet ythen?

I have a defy bought in Aug 2011. All is good. Except 1 thing. When i am talking to someone and i increase the In Call Volume, i hear as if the speaker is torned. you know (jasie fatte hue speaker ki aate hai). Then i have to reduce the volume. Also i have noticed that if i shake it near my earphone i hear some noise. As if something is not fixed (the sound a screw makes when it is loose). And its coming from the earpiece.

Its annoying. Very annoying at times.

1)is this normal??

2)should i live with it ?

3)Get it fixed from Motorola ?

If Motorola service is bad , i don`t want to get it fixed. Also i don't want to loose my water resistance ?

Anyone faced a issue with Motorola defy service at authorized service center ?

Get it checked out.

You wont loose water resistance due to servicing.

Motorola service is reliable. Fix or replace just like every one else.

(begun the clone war has)

Someone suggest good service center in Delhi please. And when can i expect it back ?

Any one had bad experience with there service ?

I can live with it no doubt. Am a little scared for people opening it. Service of a product in india is never up to standards. Its alwaz jugaad

Back