The Motorola Defy Thread

lavans4u said:
go to the service center n tell them phone is not working

dont tell them about the water incident :)

That's a good trick, but still our Defy has a hexagon shaped white sticker in under the battery which turns red when contacted with water. I was told about this when my phone went to warranty. I've dropped mine in water (With all the ports closed though) numerous times, but it was still white that time..

So if that sticker is Red, then you are in trouble..

navino87 said:
hey guys.. What is the probability that the defy i get from say flipcart or letsbuy has Red lens in it??

0% .......... as I observed defy made in the first quarter and early in 2nd quarter of this year are came with red lens, all made before and after that are green lens, what you are getting in letsbuy or flipcart are made in august and also assembled in india. so no chance.

pratzgh1 said:
guys, could someone post a detailed and instructive method for rooting and installing cm7.1 for defy green lens?

you can get the full detailed manual to install defy at XDA and also in Cyanogenmod official website.

and also in the first page of this thread of course lolz.. ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

satyanjoy said:
I was in cm7 rc1 and recently got 1.5,,i cleared partition and cache and installed ,,everything working fine, but while calling(outgoing -incoming both) there is no sound,,rest everything working fine,even gprs,wifi working fine..I noticed that there is no indian baseband in inbuilt baseband finder, I am into hong,taiwan optus SEA 2.59.0,,please help/

Note: after installing,, i made and recived few calls which were perfectly allright,,after that i opened baseband switcher and select hong,taiwan optus SEA 2.59.0 and facing this problem,

there is a patch available in xda for defy baseband switcher that includes india.. but when i select it, it doesnt load and ask to load default, then it restarts and select the closest to indian baseband

EPU93_U_00.59.02 this is indian baseband version
and it selects EPU93_U_00.59.01 ... which works perfectly fine though

techno_funky said:
I lost my Motorola Defy, misplaced it. Was a really good phone .. missing it a lot :(

sorry for you my friend, yes, indeed its an awesome phone, my first smartphone, and i am in love with it. have you made a diary? if not do it, you never know when you will get lucky. My friend got his back

honest1 said:
Heard of "plan b " app? Tried?

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.

Wow... great app man... if the theif change sim, it wont work though, but still cool app.. thanks

honest1 said:
Heard of "plan b " app? Tried?

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.

I could not. From the moment I lost it, it was out of coverage later to switched off. Later on got a duplicate Sim since I have a postpaid connection so could not risk the sim being active in that phone.

techno_funky said:
I could not. From the moment I lost it, it was out of coverage later to switched off. Later on got a duplicate Sim since I have a postpaid connection so could not risk the sim being active in that phone.

But if it used by someone with active GPRS/EDGE connection and assuming that he doesnt know about phone reset, etc and still your google account is attached to the phone, you can use this app.

lll_aritra_lll said:
sorry for you my friend, yes, indeed its an awesome phone, my first smartphone, and i am in love with it. have you made a diary? if not do it, you never know when you will get lucky. My friend got his back

Wow... great app man... if the theif change sim, it wont work though, but still cool app.. thanks

Yea man, indeed an awesome phone. Had rooted it with Cm7 and the phone improved so much. Miss it a lot. :(

honest1 said:
But if it used by someone with active GPRS/EDGE connection and assuming that he doesnt know about phone reset, etc and still your google account is attached to the phone, you can use this app.
Indeed! but I had to change the passwords to be careful since I had all my email accounts including work email accounts added to the phone.

techno_funky said:
Indeed! but I had to change the passwords to be careful since I had all my email accounts including work email accounts added to the phone.

I understand the situation but you could have waited for couple of days.

Back