The Motorola Defy Thread

^ GPS works flawlessly on my CM7.1 same with wifi, to be honest seems even the reception has improved. But could be Vodafone has a new tower. No FCs at all. Camera No idea, Defy has a crappy cam and I never use it anyways.

hmm..I have wiped and reinstalled and wiped again but GPS still is hit n miss (even outside the room), wifi (via connectify) disconnects when device goes to sleep (sometimes, happens randomly), signal drops even when very close to laptop.

by bad luck perhaps.

guys how to roll back to stock rom from CM7. Step by step guide please

Download the sbf , goto stock recovery full wipe and cache, then reboot vol - + Power On then simultaneously press vol + and vol - and connect Defy with your PC, launch RSDLite and flash Sbf and you are done
<

guys how to roll back to stock rom from CM7. Step by step guide please

I guess You made nandroid backup(sea 15). if so, then wipe data/factory reset, wipe delvik cache, restart to recovery, restore your nandroid backup and you are good to go.

if not, then download nordic sbf, download rsd light. wipe data, delvik cache, then flash nordic sbf

guys got the defy recently, please help me root it, most of the guides i saw are old any stable new roms for defy whichare noob proof.

Hi,

My friend want to install the Custom ROM WajkIUI 2.1.6 ICS in his Defy. His Defy has got green lens. Earlier he has upgraded the Defy to 2.2.2 from 2.1 (Official Update). The phone is now rooted. As per the instructions in the ROM thread in XDA the next step is to flash the SBF file.

Which SBF file is the one that need to be flashed ?. Also is there anything that needs to be taken care of while doing this ?

Thanks,

Anil

As the phone is rooted now just install defy 2ndinit (Google Search). open the app and click on install Recovery (stable one).

Ones the LED turns to Green from Red you are done.

now make sure USB debugging is turned off and reboot your phone it will land you in Recovery click on boot--> Normal

Repeat this procedure twice.

When you reboot for the third time go to Boot --> Set default --> 2ndinit

now go back to recovery --> custom recovery --> wipe data/cache --> install .zip from SD Card (make sure you put WajkIUI.zip into your SD Card) and then Reboot.

you are done. Good Luck
<

hmm..I have wiped and reinstalled and wiped again but GPS still is hit n miss (even outside the room), wifi (via connectify) disconnects when device goes to sleep (sometimes, happens randomly), signal drops even when very close to laptop.

by bad luck perhaps.

It is mentioned in the XDA thread to flash the Nordic Sbf file after rooting. Is it necessary?

Well it's not really needed but my little problems were solved after I flashed the Nordic froyo and went through the whole process over again. Basically there's a slight difference between the baseband version of the Indiain (EPU93_U_00.59.02) and Nordic froyo (EPU93_U_00.59.01) and since there's no difference in CG Version of the two SBFs, it's better to flash Nordic and keep the Indian SBF for warranty.

To completely return the phone to stock (remove root & custom recovery) for warranty purpose, download the Indian sbf and flash with rsd lite.

Check XDA for links and instructions.

At some point when my phone switched off after running out of battery, it got stuck on the Motorola logo while booting and I couldn't access the custom recovery. So I wiped data and cache in the stock recovery and decided to flash new SBF. But when I boot into the bootloader, it is showing "Battery low cannot program" error.

Right now when I connect the phone to the computer it is only showing a white led. When I connect it to the wall charger the moto logo shows up after which I can go either into the stock recovery or the bootloader. Even after I leave the phone for an hour on the charger on the moto logo and then connect it to the computer, it still only shows white led. And when I boot into the bootloader it still shows the same error. The battery doesn't seem to be charging at all.

Help anyone?
<

i guess you should buy an external battery charger OR if your friend own a Defy then charge the battery.

make sure your Battery is 100% charged whenever you'll think of reflashing any ROM or sbf

My friend has a Defy+ which he's hell bent on rooting and getting a custom rom. Anyone can recommend a good custom rom for the Defy+?

Back