The Motorola Defy Thread

guys I sold my phone on TE and he is new to android. Please can anybody post step to step guide to upgrade ROM to latest release of CM7

#sunny27 Please can you do it.... Before also you posted some steps which helped me to upgrade to CM7... Please post same step to step guide so that #shank_777 can upgrade phone to new version of CM7...

guys i'm a new defy user, and want help regarding ear phones and memory card for my defy, stock earphones are not upto the mark, i use my phone more as a PMP rather then phone, please suggest

thanks in advance.

Seems lile its too late to ask for any help or assistance on defy now
<

if you dont want mic, then depending on your budget and genre, you may get pl-11(rs 600) to brainwavz M2(rs 3600)

I wd suggest go for a sandisk class 6 16gb memory card

I found out that MS2Ginger is stable on Defy+ on XDA, so I changed the os to MS2Ginger. Everything works perfectly.

You might wanna check XDA about the bugs with CM7 on Defy+

I have no idea on the stability of CM7 on Defy+

I have browsed thru XDA, but there is no definite/ concreate answer to this .

posted same question in this thread http://www.techencla...15#entry1701315

I found out that MS2Ginger is stable on Defy+ on XDA, so I changed the os to MS2Ginger. Everything works perfectly.

Good to know. Have you tryied MIUI or CM7 on Defy+ .

Does Defy+ 1GHZ / 1750 mAH battery worth to buy over original Defy.

Kindly throw some light on this , All of videos and review pics i have been thru ,the Defy / Defy+ display looks dull or washed out. In reality is it the same case.

Will be pleased or clarified if you could post pics of your defy+ display.

#Rico

Why would you wanna buy Defy+ which come with just a minor proccy upgrade and battery improvement ?

The Defy and Defy+ are the same except for the above mentioned changes....

Plus if you get Defy+CM7 ur Proccy will eventually be running on1Ghz by default and that ROM gives me around 2days of battery life

This includes,music/whtsapp/browsing/calls and texting...

So its upto you,which one to get eventually
<

#Rico

Why would you wanna buy Defy+ which come with just a minor proccy upgrade and battery improvement ?

The Defy and Defy+ are the same except for the above mentioned changes....

Plus if you get Defy+CM7 ur Proccy will eventually be running on1Ghz by default and that ROM gives me around 2days of battery life

This includes,music/whtsapp/browsing/calls and texting...

So its upto you,which one to get eventually
<

#YashBhatt Thanks for the insight.Do you have any comments about the display, i have mentioned earlier post.

Hey can anyone plz upload noob steps for flashing Ms2ginger rom..the steps n video given on xda is very confusing..plz plz post step by step guide on how to flash like now flash this..after that flash that,etc etc..plz plz
<

P.S: Right now I am on Cm7 stable with nordic sbf and i have Bayer[Red] Module Lens!!

CM7 or WajUI

Either will be good for starters
<

what genre do you like?

if you are not a basshead, you may go for brainwavz M1 (around 1700 from pristinenote) or Soundmagic PL30 (lesser bass)

else Meelectronics M6 or Soundmagic PL11

Which is the most stable and best ROM around? I am bored with CM7 now.

Most stable one is LiquideArc Ginger

With heavy use it lasts close to 2 days for me where CM 7.1 RC0 would not last even a day for me

Hey can anyone plz upload noob steps for flashing Ms2ginger rom..the steps n video given on xda is very confusing..plz plz post step by step guide on how to flash like now flash this..after that flash that,etc etc..plz plz
<

P.S: Right now I am on Cm7 stable with nordic sbf and i have Bayer[Red] Module Lens!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1476976

here is step by step process written to install

Hello Friends,

can someone suggest me a well balanced 'sysctl.conf parameters' for my defy to get a balance between performance and battery life!

currently i am on

Min free KB : 4096

Dirty ratio : 90

Dirty background ratio : 70

VFS cache pressure : 20

running cm7.1 stable.

Just Tapatalking!

I am on CM7 but face his particular issue with Google Maps. The phone freezes everytime I run GMaps. I am thinking of switching to another ROM. Would that work? Which ROM? That gives both performance and battery life. I am going abroad in a week and really need to depend on GMaps
<

CM7.2 official RC is lacking features/fixes found in latest nightlies by devs.

Try Euroskank's CM7.2 considered one of the best around.

Anyways, CM9 is also getting a lot of progress and won't be long before a stable build is out. ROM to check out is codenameandroid. Lots of features and promise
<

Need a bit of help. my defy isn't getting charged from the wall unit. I have to connect it to the pc everytime i need to charge it, and it takes alot of time to charge from pc

Has anyone else faced similar problem? how can i resolve it

Back