The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

pranut said:
Nah No changes in the menu transition in my phone...
the transition is the same with the new firmware.
Also it had some music player updates :S
P S its my sister's phone i just update the firmware :p

I got myself a Nokia 5230 too on my b'day(3rd March)!!! Fourth day with my 5230 and i'm enjoying all the features it can throw at me. ;)

Couple of queries:-

# I'm getting an annoying "Certificate Invalid" ERROR when I try to install some apps/games, its really screwing me. :|

Anyway to fix it? Have to hack the phone using Hello OX2? Software v21.0.004. Hackable? And does hacking voids warranty? What is the latest firmware for 5230?

# I'll not say that battery life is pathetic but yes, I would like to juice out as much battery as possible. Disabled the haptic feedback vibration.. Any more tips?

# Post apps/games that you all are using. Here's my small list: :ashamed:

Opera mobile

X-plore

Snaptu

ScreenSnap

Please suggest other good apps/games you are using.

# Need some widgets on my home screen.. SPB Mobile Shell?

# Need an app to hide/lock a folder in my memory card. Files inside the folder should get hidden from the Menu> Gallery> Images & Videos/Songs folder too.

# Need an app to hide a particular message folders.

# Need an app to lock selected apps on my phone. - Advance Device Lock?

Digging this thread.. :p TIA.

^read the first page will ya :p
there is an alternative to hacking just use freesis signer. That will take care of those annoying messages.

Yea, already got those .cer & .key.. Annoying error problem fixed. :)

XTechManiac said:
# I'll not say that battery life is pathetic but yes, I would like to juice out as much battery as possible. Disabled the haptic feedback vibration.. Any more tips?

Any tips?

XTechManiac said:
# Need some widgets on my home screen.. SPB Mobile Shell?

SPB Mobile Shell is a battery hogger?! Battery starts to drain faster.. Hmm will try Tsunami Homescreen.

XTechManiac said:
# Need an app to hide/lock a folder in my memory card. Files inside the folder should get hidden from the Menu> Gallery> Images & Videos/Songs folder too.

Any suggestion?

XTechManiac said:
# Need an app to hide a particular message folders.

Tried MumSMS+. Its a great app.

Please suggest other good apps/games you are using.

For hiding folders you can use xplore and change attributes of the folder to system and then it wont show up on file manager and not even xplore if system files are put on protected mode .. and Hello OX doesnt work these days on lastest firmware so you can just download off a Custom firmware or just edit the original and make the simple cracked one ... its not rocket science :p . Saves a lot of effort of signing and all and custom firmware also has few tweaks to improve battery and effects :) . I used to make them and try a lot of them :p .

deathgoddg said:
For hiding folders you can use xplore and change attributes of the folder to system and then it wont show up on file manager and not even xplore if system files are put on protected mode..

Need a better app.. One can easily go in Tools>Settings>and check Show Hidden Files..

To be precise, I need a app, by which only the phone owner can see the content(with password), and other should not even get a hint that there are some data or files inside, so it should be hidden.

deathgoddg said:
and Hello OX doesnt work these days on lastest firmware so you can just download off a Custom firmware or just edit the original and make the simple cracked one ... its not rocket science :p . Saves a lot of effort of signing and all and custom firmware also has few tweaks to improve battery and effects :) . I used to make them and try a lot of them :p .

I know, its not a rocket science. :p Happy with FreeSigner ATM. Will install a custom firmware if I get some ample time.. Any other tips to improve battery?

--- Update Update Update ---

Tried Touch Hider. Great app. Fits well in my equation. :cool2:

ATM, I'm using these apps:-

Best ScreenSnap

FreeSigner

JbakTaskman

MumSMS+

Opera Mobile

Touch Hider

X-plore

The inbuilt Dictionary and Calculator sucks. Link to a better one please?

Any yes, please recommend me some games.. Have no games ATM. :ashamed:

Umm, whenever i receive any .3gp, .mp3, .jpeg, etc files from other mobiles phone through bluetooth, they land up in my phone's inbox popping as a text message.

And then I have to go through the trouble of opening 'each' text, hitting menu then saving the file manually and then deleting the text.. Heck, there is no option to save all of them in one go.. Imagine my condition when someone transfers 30 .mp3 files to my phone over bluetooth. :'(

I wanna know, is there any way by which the file auto transfers to my memory card? Like to E:/Received Files? Any app or any other way?

viralbug said:
This is the one I'm using.
Nokia 5800,5530,523x - All RM's - C6 v20 - Nokia Photon^C6 | Fastest Firmware
Me too flashed with Photon C6. I love the changes in contacts, dialer and ofcourse the homescreen.

After reading through 100 odd post still not sure if i this will work on my 5230, as I have a RM-588 Nokia 5230
FW is v40.0.003
My understanding is that it works for RM 588 v21.0.. , Has any one tried on above RM with given version ??

Gonna do it as soon as I get a reply.

i have the exact same question, have the exact same phone and firmware..

anyone with answers?

btw, hold on to ur horses, cE-03 cfw to release soon

I finally made the ultimate cfw based on RM-588 40.6.003 (yet) for my own use.

have integrated several apps on the cfw itself, notably jbaktaskman and pocketsensor which also autostart from z: along with several others.

I really love scriptinit. I have saved all my settings in the persists folder and these are automatically restored after every flash.

Still have like 20 mb free on the ROM after stripping it down according to my needs. Thinking of what else to add.

If you already have v40 firmware on your phone, don't flash. The CFW is based on the v21 firmware.

I think he's coming out with a C6-03 soon which will be on the newer firmware, so just hold on for a while. Or you can try another CFW with v40.

Downgrading will brick your phone means if you flash a v21 on v40 you will brick your phone. There are many cfw's for v40 try them.

yes, ^^ he's right, i found out

dont flash your FW 40.0.003 RM-588(india region) with C6-02, you will brick it.

If C6-03 comes for 40.1.xxx(many regions have 40.1 and not 40.0) then theres no issue as the FW is higher then your present one.

Lostit said:
Downgrading will brick your phone means if you flash a v21 on v40 you will brick your phone. There are many cfw's for v40 try them.
Any good CFW for v4o that you feel can be tried out.

comp@ddict said:
yes, ^^ he's right, i found out

dont flash your FW 40.0.003 RM-588(india region) with C6-02, you will brick it.

If C6-03 comes for 40.1.xxx(many regions have 40.1 and not 40.0) then theres no issue as the FW is higher then your present one.
Hmm, waiting for C6-03 to release ...
A small query do i really need to download the core files using navifirm when the modder has made available the core files explicitly ?
Because navifirm downloads the file from nokia servers and we download the files from the modders link.
Example i have downloaded core and CFW files so when i use navifirm same file with diferent names will supposedly get downloaded, so wont we repeat the step of getting core file ?
Can anyone clear this doubt ??

^ If you are want to flash a C6 based firmware, do not download files from navifirm. Navifirm downloads core files from Nokia's server, which are the original firmware files.

You have to download the C6 ported core files from PNHT and whatever CFW you want.

I cant understand anything. Some say download binh24's files, some say use navifirm.

okay can anyone give step by step instructions for flashign a RM588 with the photon CFW(will do when C6-03 is released)

Back