The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

comp@ddict said:
So you can forget flashing a CFW for a while now.

I am waiting for Infinity 2, which will be based on the new C6 FW, which has all the new enhancements.

I dont like fiddling with the phone's software. :p In any case I was thinking of selling it hence kept it as officially stock as possible. :)

TheNightwing said:
I dont like fiddling with the phone's software. :p In any case I was thinking of selling it hence kept it as officially stock as possible. :)
You do know reverting from CFW to official stock FW is the same easy 3 steps?

ggt said:
^check the last box in the log (right box). You would get all the log of what you did the whole day on your phone like messaged to, the time you used your internet etc
For the inbox thing just in the inbox, go to the drop down menu and select to sort your message by date. If the number of messages increase then atleast you wont see the summary of all the messages.

Thanks. I dont know how i missed the tab in the call log.
But the SMS thing sucks. Seriously we can't change how we view the SMS in the inbox.:huh: Even my age old W580 dumb phone had that option.
Yeah its already sorted by date and I even increased font size so that few messages is displayed in a single page and the no of words in the summary reduces. But seriously disappointed that we cant chage the view to just name or just name and date-time. :(

my sis's 5233 is behaving strangely,when switched on remains on for 2-5 secs and restarts.....again and again....

can someone help me??

^^ :sigh:

never mind, still have a hard-reset, it solves all these software related problems. You may install the latest official FW again and try.

I have Nokia 5233

Software version v40.1.003

Type RM-625

What will be the best way to install custom firmware? I have never fiddled with 5233's firmware. Will I be able to restore it back to original firmware?

I should be able to install apps without signing. I don't want phone to run laggy at all.

Should I upgrade to v50?

Got certificate and key but heloox2 is not working(hangs on unpacking data)

however freesigner working with other apps.

Any good app for reading epub files?

Okay, this is for everybody who wants to flash, so I don't have to keep typing it again and again:

TO BACKUP CONTACTS

1. Go to Contacts

2. Select "Options"

3. Mark ALL

4. Copy business Card "to Other Memory" i.e. your Memory Card (don't remove your memory card or format before flashing or anything, just don't do anything with it)

This way all your contacts will be saved. All you have to do after flashing is "Copy Contacts from Other Memory" back!

Regarding Messages, make sure all your messages are saved in your Memory Card. Simply select from "Options", "OTHER" and use "Memory Card". If you already are, you have nothing to think of.

Also, make sure you UNINSTALL EVERY APP you have which is Installed in your Memory Card, else their SPACE will be occupied for NO REASON.

TUTORIAL TO FLASHING: [Tutorial] How to flash with 3 files (C00, rofs2 and uda)

Recommended CFWs:

Shadow 1.5 CFW for 5530,5800,5233,5230,X6 based on C6v40 by Drigz [Updated]

.:InFinity-01:. - N97 Base - Nokia 523X - RM-625,588

Photon N97-01 - N97 FW Base - Nokia 5800,523x - RM-356,625,588 - Updated [26/06/2011]

Personally, I prefer the 2nd one, Infinity.

Your whole flashing process should take 2 minutes. Should you require any help, feel free to ask, before you flash.

Thanks for all the Info that u have shared with us till now :)

just a few glitches that are stopping me from updating my sisters 5233..

1: her phone is on some rom with base v25, how should i move ahead ? directly flash the v40 based rom or change the firmware

first to v40 ? then again how should i go to v40 but not other version wherein roms are still not available ?

2: where to find the C00 file ?

comp@ddict said:
Okay, this is for everybody who wants to flash, so I don't have to keep typing it again and again:

TO BACKUP CONTACTS

1. Go to Contacts

2. Select "Options"

3. Mark ALL

4. Copy business Card "to Other Memory" i.e. your Memory Card (don't remove your memory card or format before flashing or anything, just don't do anything with it)

This way all your contacts will be saved. All you have to do after flashing is "Copy Contacts from Other Memory" back!

Regarding Messages, make sure all your messages are saved in your Memory Card. Simply select from "Options", "OTHER" and use "Memory Card". If you already are, you have nothing to think of.

Also, make sure you UNINSTALL EVERY APP you have which is Installed in your Memory Card, else their SPACE will be occupied for NO REASON.

TUTORIAL TO FLASHING: [Tutorial] How to flash with 3 files (C00, rofs2 and uda)

Recommended CFWs:

Shadow 1.5 CFW for 5530,5800,5233,5230,X6 based on C6v40 by Drigz [Updated]

.:InFinity-01:. - N97 Base - Nokia 523X - RM-625,588

Photon N97-01 - N97 FW Base - Nokia 5800,523x - RM-356,625,588 - Updated [26/06/2011]

Personally, I prefer the 2nd one, Infinity.

Your whole flashing process should take 2 minutes. Should you require any help, feel free to ask, before you flash.

I tried to update one of my friends nokia 5800 with very old firmware v21, it got updated to v30, then i realized latest firmware version for 5800 is v50, but nokia pc suit is only showing v30 as the new update, what can be the problem?, pls reply...

Back