The Photography Thread !

@Deathdart: Nice even lighting and great happy mood in all the shots BUT I have some constructive criticism for you:

- The skin tones on the faces of all the subjects are a bit overexposed or "burnt". There are not details left and they're a bit too "white" when compared to the tonality of the rest of the image.
- You could probably try "rim lighting" on the subjects with a smaller light source behind the subject to the left or the right. This could add definition to the outline of each portrait. Makes the picture more complete. :)

These are jus my opinions, I am yet to dive properly into studio photography myself! :D

Cheers!
Payne

@D. Payne - Now that I look at it closely, I do agree with you about the skin tones. I guess I overdid it a bit while converting it to b/w. I have added an edge light on the left of the frame, but it's not very obvious in many of these pics (it's clearly visible in the 4th pic). I didn't have a honeycomb mesh at the time which is supposed to be the best thing to use for such lighting according to my professor. I ended up using two snoots instead... Wasn't very happy with the results in the end.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll keep this stuff in mind for my next shoot! :)

@Bomb - Thanks! I don't have my own studio, but my college has a well equipped one which I'm free to use at any time. :)

Taken from a running bus, thus the details arent that sharp

4169058430_94f6087748_b.jpg

@Deathdart: Yes, I see it in the 4th shot but the shot itself is blurred due to an in appropriate shutter speed so I did not pay much attention. :D

Btw, I see you're in Pune! We should meet up sometime man!

Cheers!
Payne

My alu macbook (which I am planning to sell - watch the buy n' sell section):

4173590911_6a7faafc43_o.jpg

Strobist info: 1 580EX II fired remotely, at the wall through a brolly, placed on camera right. Metered for ambient light to get the details on the screen. AlienBee cybersyncs used for remotely triggering the flash.

Title :Loveliest of lovely things are they On earth, that soonest pass away

4175472864_bd2a066f96.jpg

about processing :

-Selective colouring in CS4

-Nik plugin used to give a burnt colour .

Camera point and shoot Canon Ixus 950is

Deathdart said:
@-D. Payne- I don't think it's possible (for me) to blur it at 1/250 on a 50mm lens. :p It's quite sharp. :)
It's blurry because of the action (hair tossing). 1/250 is not fast enough to freeze it. That's what Payne meant.

And thanks Bomb! :cool2: :)

Back