The Photography Thread !

41067_10150231222940058_590890057_13864423_190704_n.jpg

im leaving to buy some filters for my tokina 11-16 (77mm dia) in half n hour. Ive contacted someone who stocks Hoya. The list is as follows:

Pro1 D CPL - Rs. 3960

CPL slim - 2760

ND8 HMC - 2100

CPL regular - 1980

Any suggestions? Now, I was trying to compare this info with the models online and its not very easy to match them. I'll only know once I go there. I might pick up a 50mm f1.8d also. How does the ND8 compare to the B+W ND #110 many people are using?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

just realised. the hoya nd8 is only 3 stops compared to the 10 stops in the B+W.

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this or not, but i am really interested in exploring photography as a hobby.I am free most of the weekends and live in Chandigarh with the beautiful Shivaliks a couple of hours drive away.So instead of sitting on my ass throughout the weekend, i was thinking of pursuing photography as a hobby.

So the information i am looking for is:

1) A site or forum which explains the intricacies of photography to noobs like me. Even a few threads to get started will be recommended.

2) Whether to opt for a super zoom for now(which can be later given to my dad) or straightaway enter the realm of SLR . Please suggest some models.Budget around 20k, though would like to limit to 18k.In case of SLR, i have no problems in picking up a second hand camera.

3) I 'll be mostly shooting landscapes, sunrises, cloud formations.So please suggest any specific equipment that might suit this kind of photography.

Different photos? I dont think that would work, atleast not the way I know it at least. Shutter speed changes will take into effect exposure changes.

Aces170 said:
Different photos? I dont think that would work, atleast not the way I know it at least. Shutter speed changes will take into effect exposure changes.
And that's what we want in HDR :). HDR basically is High Dynamic Range. Light is mesaured in terms of stops, and the maximum range of stops that a camera can record is I think about 8-10 (Our eyes have a much higher dynamic range than the camera). When it goes above this, you will lose details both in shadow and highlight regions and that is when you use the HDR technique. Basically, you take atleast three photographs with a 1 stop difference and merge them to reveal the details in shadow and highlights. This is just the basic (and incomplete too), but if you need more info, you can check this link,
Stuck In Customs HDR Photography

Errrm you better ask them. :ashamed:

You see I have a FZ18 and haven't figured out much since I don't have enough time to tinker with the cam thanks to my other interests. :p

Abhi has clicked quite a few HDR shots, uploaded in his flickr account. He can def. help and the dactar as well. :p

Aces170 said:
you need to have 3 pictures, with different exposures... You are right that shutter speed will take it into account with a constant aperture.
Try this ::
A- mode . set to F8 or whatever you wish
normal snap
exposure +1
exposure -1

work from there :)

3 different shots, with 0EV, -1EV and +1EV rest of the settings remain same (this is also called exposure bracketing)

If you change shutter speed than, Aperture value will also change and there may be change in DOF also.

Thats why HDRs need 3 images at same settings.

May be RAW images dont need 3 shots.

This is tiny bit of knowledge I have , let gurus throw more light. :D

Or Dude,just copy Your image and add them in photomatix,then play With the Settings

This Is Just a Shortcut Method I devised.

No HDR But Greatly Enhances the Details

The Following Is a True HDR (Took 7 Shots Of Different Exposure):

OgAAAHOp9QYVi_rDW34zReJbNcT0X3CQoFdOLWGdx_fleP5ZTl0amyL5VHaZuvWMAoRmW_1iJeI04mHcy2UoNxqJYacAm1T1UPGy5XrImW4uRpvs-75X6U0UUYxz.jpg

The Agedness

And The following are fakes :

OgAAAFWok3TZvp6HpXrqTc3otbeNoq4ofaruE57A5qiOuqc7M5NP_oYWv8Qp-Ma_xetlFbX0hh3hBck-ai-hz_ClKxsAm1T1UO4T2SSGv6NkynMEfIwVsKIbZt8f.jpg

OgAAAPLTJyGaNSIOvMOFGWPhmNpHksVy-jKwnolCZwf9QamCpgd7ZjAR-Oq9R8C6yUHRspGHhqUVF3g3gPnSpHcGX3AAm1T1UMdr0Qsphgaivvmk7JCNE_FQGJu5.jpg

OgAAAATr88yY-7YB9Ym4W1YxKbe4ZrhD9Hr_pYh-i1tLBX_Q7XRROc-mj86RLOeD88qSYmnG77Y5c4dmmTYFEzIKOcAAm1T1UKruxSuIQKeqOPQzPJurL3SVJULB.jpg

OgAAAMBb0Fm4Xoshx-qX9vkrbVi_01RDvYlVHM3H3_eOU21ZToZKRUd5KF9ljl4e8ifaCbHHkSRcIKSgItTBWx-PLtEAm1T1ULkHwLkbl6TSQHvIf8O6262Me6hs.jpg

OgAAALm_Ew-62fsyGtdKrHQenyeshmE-J8a1DEKjhOEPGfBuWUObiidiEOzh_B6lU-Dl4iqN0yiS3xueSiDUNOs1Um4Am1T1UOG5w4LwvgMYlDk15OG77Dh-L0vH.jpg

OgAAAI97z0M2ls6RcLm8KwSPyL8PLqidEpS_VnNbsGzZK8r5mhsxaJIoBC7EsE-KDUcaXHAiDEI1_rqRYI9JZrM4T90Am1T1UDn0bjdGYTaCmJMlCg3zoOKuMjCH.jpg

Eagerly waiting For Comments :)

Back