The Photography Thread !

@ kuld33p

Sorry for using your image without permission.. Does this crop of your original shot look better?? Coz that lady is causing a lot of distraction in that pic..

dscn9145y.jpg

vinaycm said:
@ kuld33p

Sorry for using your image without permission.. Does this crop of your original shot look better?? Coz that lady is causing a lot of distraction in that pic..

Could you throw some light on how you shooed the lady?

Hey Guys, I bought a Canon 450D last week and now need your help with improving my skills. I clicked a few pics in the morning today, was cloudy, and when I checked them at 100% on the computer it shows signs of noise. Also, the pics look very dull.
Help me understand the reason for this and where am I going wrong?

AV mode
F3.5
Exp 1/1000
ISO 100

AV mode
F16
1/60
ISO 100

AV mode
F10
1/200
ISO 100

All the pics were taken with Picture Style of Landscape.

Your advice will be very valuable.

I'd suggest shooting in RAW for better flexibility when editing.. From my experience with the 450D, it has got very good control over noise.. I don't see much wrong with the shots except for the lack of some good PP.. If you want good color saturation right of the cam, then use the "VIVID" setting from the menu..

I don't exactly remember, but there is a setting to enhance the color saturation in the menu, along with the options 'standard', 'monochrome', 'neutral' etc..

img62421.jpg

Check whether the lack of sharpness/haziness is present indoors also (with flash)..

Back