The Photography Thread !

^^ Harish, there are some picture style settings in cam.. named as landscape, portrait etc..

U can change the setting of picture style like sharpness, saturation etc.. by going in menu option and then can use these styles while U need..

ashvarybabul said:
^^ To me they arent looking non-sharp and noisy..

at least second one is not..

BTW, which lens u r using..??

Check out the full size pics that I posted and view them at 100%. HERE

Using 18-55mm IS
vinaycm said:
May be bad lighting would be the reason..

I hope so. Maybe few more shots from the same spot, on a later day, will give a better idea.

Anyways, thanks for your views.

bottle said:
@Anshul, cute dog pics :D
:cheers:

dsc04045o.jpg

harish_21_10 said:
Used Partial Metering for the first one and CenterWeighted for the next two.
Could have used the evaluative metering mode.. Your shots had emphasis on the whole of the frame & both the metering modes you've used have emphasis on the center of the frame..

This would make things clear..

I thought that evaluative might underexpose the area covered by trees, but then you maybe right coz it was cloudy that day. Thanks for the link, shall go through it.

EDIT: I just went through the link and it said that Evaluative mode mesures light from all the zones but more emphasis given on the AF point. And Center Weighted metering is similar to evaluative mode but emphasis given to the center zone, not to AF point.

In this case it doesnt make a difference if I had used evaluative mode for my 2nd and 3rd pic as my AF point was in the center itself. Did I get it right?

Guys got a canon sx 210 IS recently. I mostly want to capture my 2 year toddler's snap's. Please give me some suggestions since he is just too fast ! Most of the photo's are taken at home in low light ( even during day time sunlight level is low due to our house structure. ) almost impossible to get good shot without flash. Any suggestions to get the best possible results ?
I want to take a really large print of one of the snap wud it look as good as done from the photo studio's ? ( do they add some effects to the photo's ? )

I don't know much about the technical details of metering, but from my experience i've found the evaluative metering much more useful when it comes to wide angled shots & spot/center weighted to be useful when the emphasis of the shot lies in the subject at the center of the frame.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thedeadghost said:
Guys got a canon sx 210 IS recently. I mostly want to capture my 2 year toddler's snap's. Please give me some suggestions since he is just too fast ! Most of the photo's are taken at home in low light ( even during day time sunlight level is low due to our house structure. ) almost impossible to get good shot without flash. Any suggestions to get the best possible results ?
I want to take a really large print of one of the snap wud it look as good as done from the photo studio's ? ( do they add some effects to the photo's ? )
The best option would be to use a home made flash diffuser to soften the harsh effect that the flash produces.

harish_21_10 said:
I thought that evaluative might underexpose the area covered by trees, but then you maybe right coz it was cloudy that day. Thanks for the link, shall go through it.

EDIT: I just went through the link and it said that Evaluative mode mesures light from all the zones but more emphasis given on the AF point. And Center Weighted metering is similar to evaluative mode but emphasis given to the center zone, not to AF point.

In this case it doesnt make a difference if I had used evaluative mode for my 2nd and 3rd pic as my AF point was in the center itself. Did I get it right?
in evaluative type of metering, the scene is divided into various segments. and each segment is read individually. also if possible get this months smart photography various metering modes have been explained there.

Back