The Photography Thread !

Stuge said:
YES ,all my pictures are processed .some are less or some are more .

this involves :

levels ,contrast ,brightness ,curves etc

@harish_21_10: you will need to use fill flash whenever background is brighter than your subject .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

5244505800_fd2efd6db8_z.jpg

venice of the east -alapuzzha
Damn! How do you get the reflections so right!

This thread is missing startrails. Now whos interested in startrail photography? :)

In the Middle
5251605591_aa44605ecc_z.jpg

taken from the boat /Ferry

Periyar Lake

@blueren : where are you going to do star trail ?.you can do that anywhere :).just technique changes depending on the light pollution .

Harish: the one with monkey is nice, also try different composition modes. Experiment with left/right AF points.

Amaresh: Loved the second pic, like the PP

One from me:

Deep purple!! by Sahil Udani, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 1000D

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/320)

Aperture f/1.8

Focal Length 50 mm

ISO Speed 100

Exposure Bias -2/3 EV

Aces170 said:
Harish: the one with monkey is nice, also try different composition modes. Experiment with left/right AF points.

I always use the center focus point. I focus on what I need and then move the camera as per the composition. Not sure about what the technique is called.

How would change of focus point make a difference compared to what I do?

I always use the center focus point. I focus on what I need and then move the camera as per the composition. Not sure about what the technique is called.

How would change of focus point make a difference compared to what I do?

Change of focus points would let you play around with the composition of the images. Your main element is on the right/left screen, and the background has a shallow DOF etc..

I was a center focus oriented guy till recently, when good photographers (Brendon etc) advised me to experiment, and it actually turns out to be great...

^ How do you make that border? Nice pic! I like the saturation

Thanks, I use the stroke function in Photoshop to make my borders...

Back