The Photography Thread !

Private Ryan said:
@Anish : Amazing portrait...:) Is tht ur kid bro? :p
Yeah lol, thanks! ;)

kippu said:
surely post processing photographs is a good thing..right?
I post process *ALL* my serious work, anything which I need to submit / print / add to my portfolio goes through basic cropping and sharpening to say the least.

Since I've switched to working completely with RAW now, its a LOT easier to process to much higher spec without loosing any detail.

kippu said:
surely post processing photographs is a good thing..right?

^Well, indeed it is..but since these are my very first few pics with my s3 is, i just wanted to see how good (or bad) they turned out at high ISOs and slow shutter speeds..:p..so didnt do any post processing to it..:p but yeah, when u are taking pics with some idea in mind, post processing becomes an integral part of getting the outputs tht u desire..:p

superb Guys:happ2:

specially @Anish, your photos make normal objects from day to day life Glow, it makes them special.

just by seeing your pics I also want to learn a bit of Photography, not for pro use but just armature shots( if i could learn 50% of what you guys know i would be happy). i don't know the abc of Photography, so i wanted to start from 0.

i don't have a superb camera like you guys, so can i do some nice shots from my Cannon Powershot 710IS?

Please guide, how to start

thanks

Regards,

Gaurish

Wow... some brilliant pics since my last visit here..
Here are couple of pics. A change from the macro shots I last put up. I worked on them a bit. Just basic cropping for the composition and a few color tweaks...

@Gaurish : Feel the photographs. Helped me a lot. And, imitation is the best form of flattery. Try and get similar effects of pics you like. Play around. Stand tall, crawl... do whatever it takes to be unique. You'll settle to your own style soon enough.
Cheers.

Gaurish said:
just by seeing your pics I also want to learn a bit of Photography, not for pro use but just armature shots( if i could learn 50% of what you guys know i would be happy). i don't know the abc of Photography, so i wanted to start from 0.
.... so can i do some nice shots from my Cannon Powershot 710IS?

Please guide, how to start
thanks
Regards,
Gaurish

Your 710IS will be more than a handful for you to learn photography and then some. :) I've always believed that the camera is only a tool, though I also say that if your camera's limiting you or your creativity in ANYway then its time to upgrade up. Otherwise, its best to learn photography in a manner such that you reach your cam's limitations.

Why don't you google a bit? Learn the basics of composition etc. But I love what elendil said: "Feel the photographs." So true. Browse through forums like, or the ones over at dpreview.com also, get the emotion and the perspective behind the snaps...and do your own thing. Over time you'll be awesome at it. :) I never learnt composition and all that jazz professionally but your mind picks up the aesthetics automatically.

Lastly, go out there. Photography is never achieved by sitting on one's behind and taking macros. :D :D

(Quote: Photography is 5% Technique, 3% Talent, 2% Camera and 90% Being There.)

:)

Out.
Payne

EDIT: @Anish, beautiful portrait. :) Some more please?
@Elendil: That first shot is just sooo wow. It begs for a huge landscape print. :D Second shot is very cliched, though you'd know that. :)

Here are few shot by me of my cute cute nephew i simply Love Him........

The Sweetest Thing

1858ac9.jpg

1859eh9.jpg

14dp1.jpg

d_payne said:
Your 710IS will be more than a handful for you to learn photography and then some. :) I've always believed that the camera is only a tool, though I also say that if your camera's limiting you or your creativity in ANYway then its time to upgrade up. Otherwise, its best to learn photography in a manner such that you reach your cam's limitations.

Why don't you google a bit? Learn the basics of composition etc. But I love what elendil said: "Feel the photographs." So true. Browse through forums like, or the ones over at dpreview.com also, get the emotion and the perspective behind the snaps...and do your own thing. Over time you'll be awesome at it. :) I never learnt composition and all that jazz professionally but your mind picks up the aesthetics automatically.

Lastly, go out there. Photography is never achieved by sitting on one's behind and taking macros. :D :D

(Quote: Photography is 5% Technique, 3% Talent, 2% Camera and 90% Being There.)

:)

Out.
Payne

EDIT: @Anish, beautiful portrait. :) Some more please?
@Elendil: That first shot is just sooo wow. It begs for a huge landscape print. :D Second shot is very cliched, though you'd know that. :)

Thanks, for your kind words,
what is composition?
also any links by which i should start off, like links explanning some things like ISO settings,flash.

elendil said:
Wow... some brilliant pics since my last visit here..
Here are couple of pics. A change from the macro shots I last put up. I worked on them a bit. Just basic cropping for the composition and a few color tweaks...

@Gaurish : Feel the photographs. Helped me a lot. And, imitation is the best form of flattery. Try and get similar effects of pics you like. Play around. Stand tall, crawl... do whatever it takes to be unique. You'll settle to your own style soon enough.
Cheers.

ok, but where do i start?

andrew327 said:
Here are few shot by me of my cute cute nephew i simply Love Him........

The Sweetest Thing

14dp1.jpg

sooooooo cute:eek:hyeah:
check the his/her(lol need to confirm first:bleh: ) face expressions, looks like he is thinking something.
nice work:hap2:

Switch is Papa bear....:hap2: (Remember talespin...??:rofl: )

Yesterday, i shot some pics as i had nothing else to do at home..:p Heard a parrot outside, had a hard time locating him perched upon a tree feasting happily on some fruit...I had to use all the zoom i cud to get a close up..:lol: Isnt he cute..? :lol:

Trying to get some retro feel...:p

:p :p

Back