The Photography Thread !

Firstly congrats Nishant bhaiya, a warm welcome to Switch Jr. on TE! :D

@ Ryan - Great pics man, you really have an eye ;)

5 & 6 stand out for me :)

Anish said:
Firstly congrats Nishant bhaiya, a warm welcome to Switch Jr. on TE! :D

@ Ryan - Great pics man, you really have an eye ;)

5 & 6 stand out for me :)

Thanks, Anish...:) Somehow, i'm bewitched by monochrome photography..:p I always felt tht the shades of gray say more than the 'in your face' colors of this world..:)

Thanks a lot guys... He is about 2+ months old...

And Akshit.... Yes he does frag... Although his nappies as of now... About every 30-45 minutes :p

On to topic...

I have a hard time clicking him... Kids don't stay still... Anybody has an idea on on how to click them... Experts kindly help...

I want to click him in B&W also...

Congo Switch!

here no expert advice it needed, you will need to bride your kid with something to keep in busy, so you can carry out your operation cooly, also you an click few snaps when he is fast asleep.

Switch said:
Thanks a lot guys... He is about 2+ months old...

And Akshit.... Yes he does frag... Although his nappies as of now... About every 30-45 minutes :p

On to topic...

I have a hard time clicking him... Kids don't stay still... Anybody has an idea on on how to click them... Experts kindly help...

I want to click him in B&W also...

*cough* Google *cough*

Baby Photography

Name decided?

^ Well, the most basic tip is to use the cam in burst mode.

Since children tend to change expressions very fast, burst mode will fire 4-5 frames (For low end P&S'es, SLR's go upto 100+) in a short span of maybe 3-4 secs (again camera dependent), thus enabling you to choose the best of the lot.

Some pics i shot day b4 yesterday...:)

Near Palm beach drive after dusk..

Abstraction in the silhouettes.....

My favorite landmark to capture..:p

All of the 48x (12x optical x 4x digital ) zoom used to get this one in the clear sky after dark...

A rusty old bench...

Lakeside..

A lone old shack by the lakeside..

Keane 16 said:
You were a n00b till like a week back right?

I'm still a n00b...:ashamed: There is a lot i have to learn about photography..for one, i still may not be able to handle a SLR manual zoom and focusing.....:ashamed: right now, i'm far from reaching the limits of my canon s3 is..i'm not yet ready for an SLR..:ashamed:

@Ank1t : Thanks buddy..:)

Good work Ryan. Your monochrome pictures are however about 2/3rd of a stop underexposed, play with the levels in PS, it'll bring out much more detail, clarity and brightness :)

Keane 16 said:
So how can you take such good pics all of a sudden ? Camera? Forum self-tutoring? :S

Camera is only a tool...u may be equipped with the best thing in the market and yet, it'll be a dud if u dont know how to utilize it..i'm just learning what my camera is capable of... And yeah, forums and self tutoring helps a lot..checking out the works of noted photographers definitely helps and the rest depends on you as to what u pick up as ur subject...everything in this world can be a subject!! And yeah, i've been clicking a lot these days...wherevr i go, the cam is with me...:p So i'm getting more comfortable with my camera now..and tht really helps a lot as then u can concentrate more on ur photography than fiddling with camera controls..:p

Play around..make mistakes..learn..thts what someone in a photography forum said..and thts what i've been doing..;) And to think of it, he said tht about a film camera...with a digital camera, u have nothing to lose...:p

Anish said:
Good work Ryan. Your monochrome pictures are however about 2/3rd of a stop underexposed, play with the levels in PS, it'll bring out much more detail, clarity and brightness :)

Hi Anish, thanks a lot for ur suggestion..:) Actually to tell u the truth..i intentionally underexposed it..:ashamed: It was getting dark and yet, the pic turned out to be a tad bit brighter than what i was expecting..so i took it to PS and made it a bit darker with the levels..:p
here is a crop from the real pic..:p
IMG_0372.jpg

Private Ryan said:
Camera is only a tool...u may be equipped with the best thing in the market and yet, it'll be a dud if u dont know how to utilize it..i'm just learning what my camera is capable of... And yeah, forums and self tutoring helps a lot..checking out the works of noted photographers definitely helps and the rest depends on you as to what u pick up as ur subject...everything in this world can be a subject!! And yeah, i've been clicking a lot these days...wherevr i go, the cam is with me...:p So i'm getting more comfortable with my camera now..and tht really helps a lot as then u can concentrate more on ur photography than fiddling with camera controls..:p

Play around..make mistakes..learn..thts what someone in a photography forum said..and thts what i've been doing..;) And to think of it, he said tht about a film camera...with a digital camera, u have nothing to lose...:p
But the camera's got to have some role in it ? 'cause all my pics are the same(crap). Use a point and shoot Sony DSC P10 which I'd got for 25k :rofl:

^Thts a nice rendition,anish...:) I had tried something similar, but tht unnecessarily brightens up the sky, and since i was trying to give it a dark 'after dusk' look, i darkened it a bit more..:p and the background was blurred to highlight the subject, tht hut tht is..:p But thanks for the suggestion..i'll keep tht in mind next time around...:)

Keane 16 said:
But the camera's got to have some role in it ? 'cause all my pics are the same(crap). Use a point and shoot Sony DSC P10 which I'd got for 25k :rofl:

IF u take up photography seriously and go thru works of eminent photgraphers, checkout works of others in photography forums and try to emulate their ideas into ur own and basically, look at everyday things from a photographer's perspective, then u'll see tht evn ur point and shoot will deliver great pics tht u never thought possible..:) And yeah, never underestimate the power of post processing..:p It can make a hell lot of a difference in the final output...:eek:hyeah: I've had to post process all these pics (except the moon one) to get the look tht i desired from the original pics..:)

Back