The Photography Thread !

Hey some unusual pics there ! I like the 2nd and 2nd last though the second pic needs some cropping. IMHO The shore is very dark.

Also why did you leave out the EXIF information. I love to see the settings that people have clicked photos at. Helps me learn a lot.

BF1983 said:
Hey some unusual pics there ! I like the 2nd and 2nd last though the second pic needs some cropping. IMHO The shore is very dark.

Also why did you leave out the EXIF information. I love to see the settings that people have clicked photos at. Helps me learn a lot.

Private Ryan said:
Nice pics hanzy. :) I really liked the 2nd pic. :)

And the cat pic is very good too..:lol: cud've been a little less noisy though. :)

Those night shots were 1 in da night , stop wondering wat i was doing....:eek:hyeah: .....would keep the exif info henceforth......btw these were clicked on the IXUS70. Also can u guys give me a short info on croping , i was told the same thing earlier by 'photographer' that i need to crop images at times....

Basically, i wud crop images to highlight those parts tht form the subject of my photograph and remove those parts which i think does not help in anyway to enhance what i'm trying to depict thru the pics! :p Sometimes an unwanted part in the pic can completely distract a viewer from the main subject. So cropping becomes an essential tool in digital photography. :)

Just to show you an amateur crop, I have cropped the 2nd image of yours to cut out the wire and most of the shore that i did not like, leaving only the part that I really liked of your image. But you can get an idea.

sTALKEr said:
@deli.. u still arnd man :)
no more vids eh?
Hey! Yeah I'm still around. Remembered about this site, when I was jobless in my office. :)

And, yeah, no more vids. But I doubt you've seen any vids after ACID. You can find 'em in the Videos section here.

I'm currently crazy about deviantart. :D

Was at the Tiger Temple near bangkok on sunday, here are some pics

Posing for the camera

"What're you lookin at?"

Beautiful Colours

Extreme Close Up

Nice hair Style

Poody-Cat

Me and the Poody-Cat

It was an awesome experience, and anyone who is in bangkok should definitely visit the tiger temple.

@ryan: Beautiful bird shots, takes some patience to pull those off. The fact that you had perfect lighting and a great green background helped. :D

@hanzy: Dude, get yourself a camera! A real camera...cuz those shots of yours look like they're taken from a phone-cam if I'm not mistaken. Sooo much noise in them. 2 shots stand out, the Blue Sky shot and the Cat. But both are good only in the thumbnails, when opened up large...the noise and the image quality takes away from what are actually great photographs.

@BF1983: That "amateur" crop of yours actually changes the perspective of the shot and make it look like a panorama. Great work. :)

@soggy: Wow! That Nikon S4 has amazing color! And you have an eye to make animals look friendly. :D Loved the horse portrait, the tiger's lazy look and the eagle's intense stare. :) The peacock shot got it's feet cropped off...making it look incomplete. :( But all in all, great snaps.

Will post a few of mine, again, soon. :)

Payne

Everybody seems to be complimenting Private Ryans bird pics. But for some reason they don't show up on my office comp. :huh:

@Soggy - Love the pictures there. The composition of your shots are excellent indeed. And the colours are very nice as d_payne mentioned. Love the eagle pic best of all along with the Poody cat (lol) and the deer. Though I feel the first pic needs a little cropping.

@d_payne - Thanks ! :D

BF1983 said:
Everybody seems to be complimenting Private Ryans bird pics. But for some reason they don't show up on my office comp. :huh:

@d_payne - Thanks ! :D

You're welcome. And the reason Ryan's snaps don't show up is because imageshack is blocked on your office network. Just like my network here.

imgx is not blocked. So it'd help if y'all would upload on to that to. :)

Payne

thanks for the kind words, d_payne and BF1983, but i must confess, i am not much of a photog. I am your typical indian lukkha - i took 450 snaps that day, :p . But animals somehow make me a better photographer, none of my scenery pics came close in quality to the posted pics. but a large percentage of wildlife shots were really good, will post them later.

Oh, btw - ryan - nice birdie pics, esp. the last one.

and finally a shout out to both nikon and panasonic batteries - 1 pair of alkaline panasonic batteries let me take 400 shots (without flash)

You are welcome. But why don't you use rechargeable batteries ? They will allow you take more shots and you will save money in the long run.

And don't worry about taking 100s of snaps. The thumb rule to become a good photographer is to click a lot of photographs and once you have done that - click some more !

^ i do have rechargeables, but i do keep at least 1 pair of alkalines handy in case i run out of juice, this day i just happened to pop those in first, and they lasted the whole day.

lol, i know, i just keep on clicking, trying desperately to live up to my late grandfathers legacy (he was one of the best in india - no commerical work, but in photog. circles he was DA MAN)

Here are few pics of model cars which i took few days back ..... camera used is S3IS and few pics with D40 with stock lens(not used by me)

2316284193_3b08a4ca8c.jpg

2316298185_8c04974042.jpg

2316301461_27301e40b9.jpg

2316308575_bf9e9762d2.jpg

2317095108_b57b551cc7.jpg

2317083788_c6ca659b4e.jpg

2317074480_790b352442.jpg

2316271083_44a2107799.jpg

You can chk out the complete set here Scaled Models - a photoset on Flickr

Holy 'rap! :) Very neat. Made your own lightbox/whitebox contraption, not bad! 'cept for the last one all of them are just perfect.

And I'd guess the penultimate shot is with D40 - the really shallow DOF is great for the shot!

Good stuff man.

Payne

That or maybe the picture is a bit tightly cropped. The door and a a bit of the front and back of the car is clipped off.

Back