The Photography Thread !

BF1983 said:
@Saiyan - Nice shot !

@Smith - Just how many cameras do you own ????? :S

5 at last count

s3, s51, sd1100, 40d, om-10.

Not getting a lot of time for some proper photography, tried this bird photography out at around 7:30 pm a couple of days back.

all shots at IS0 800/1600. NR'ed, cropped, levelled during PP.

5aqiza.jpg

2n1vzbn.jpg

k1z577.jpg

index.php

xeuro.jpg

2aeq7w0.jpg

^^ seriously awesome !!! ..unbelievable ..they look so professional ..amy be you are one..

i just loved the 2nd one ..

and even 4th ,5th but 2nd one is too good..looks as if you made that bird freeze in that position while it was flying and then took the photo..

great timing..how did u manage it ?

whenever i try capturing a flying bird .i get only the blue sky as the picture or max head or tail of the bird

Good shots Smith, 1, 2 & 4 are nice! I guess the f/5.6 on the 85mm let you down a bit ;)

Speaking of birds, this is something I shot last week, very poor range as I had a 50mm on the cam.

Edit :

@ Smith - Err these seem to be shot with a D40 with a Tamron/Sigma zoom, is it?

Woweee! Verryy niice. Love the first and the last ones the most. :)

Great use of the lens and camera. Was the blue tone in the lighting present throughout or added in post-processing?

Payne

Anish said:
Good shots Smith, 1, 2 & 4 are nice! I guess the f/5.6 on the 85mm let you down a bit ;)

Speaking of birds, this is something I shot last week, very poor range as I had a 50mm on the cam.

Edit :

@ Smith - Err these seem to be shot with a D40 with a Tamron/Sigma zoom, is it?

yeah the F5.6 is a little limiting.

d40?, hows that? :S

edit: I just looked at the exif!!!, did tinypic.com screw up or something? I'll post the actual pics ASAP. How the eff can the exif data be wrong? This is really embarassing..:(

@payne, blue light was using the white balance, it brough out the pics the way i wanted them to be.

BF1983 said:
Wow !!! You have a Nikon D40x and a Canon 40D as well ????????

NO!!, i dont have a d40x!

see this screenie, im lost! :(

v4ruhi.png

I have over 900 shots all exifed as d40x with all other data completely unidentical to what the actual photo is.

I sincerely hope that i am not labelled as a fraud in this :(

Haven't had the time to upload all of my snaps from Goa over the past one year. There are tons of them!

The following are just a few, almost like starters. :) I wanted these pictures to capture Goa's environment...hope they do it. Will be uploading a bit more over the weekend:

This set is completely about the sea and sand.

Lonely planet
2342239683_2823fe264c_b.jpg

A speck in the distance Can you see him?
2342239693_25451ecff5_b.jpg

Docked - This one is a familiar sight to everyone who's been to Candolim or Aguada
2343026990_f6f50b55a5_b.jpg

Green Hammock - Taken with the WA lens for the H2
2343027000_88fd3d0afb_b.jpg

The Big Blue
2343088920_4e83c35360_b.jpg

Business as usual
2343026980_8ace4a96b5_b.jpg

Parasailing - A bit too dark, but I love the detail in this shot
2342239701_72dd31ca92_b.jpg

Heading home to the sunset
2342239689_25ee86c2fe_b.jpg

Done for the day - I love this one.
2346592209_7aa9c8ea1e_o.jpg

Out.
Payne

PS: If the 1000px width is too much, I'll post at the usual flickr range of 500px. :)

@Payne - Damm ! I can't see any pics taken by you. Will have to see them from home.

@Smith - Thats really wierd ! Also I thought these snaps were taken by the 17-85 IS lens. How did you get 200mm ?

I must say the Canon 40D has negligible noise. If you say that you took those snaps at ISO 800 , then even with noise reduction, the pics are quite sharp.

That was why I doubted you had a D40x. I have seen pics taken with a D40x with noticeable noise at ISO 400 and at ISO 800 noise was very pronounced.

What all lenses do you have / plan to get in near future for the 40D?

Smith said:
NO!!, i dont have a d40x!

I have over 900 shots all exifed as d40x with all other data completely unidentical to what the actual photo is.

I sincerely hope that i am not labelled as a fraud in this :(
I'm afraid there's something VERY wrong with the EXIF's in that pic. Do post a few pics of you cam, specifically the LCD menu. Also post a picture of the lens you used when taking these shots.

Lastly, do post a JPEG image, straight from the camera (Preferably from a Windows based machine).

Cheers!

@ Payne - INSANE stuff! You were staying at Taj Aguada eh? Next time, you can drop me a PM you know, we can go shooting to some top-secret Goan locations :devil:

Chaos said:
Nice shots payne but have to say your camera has waaaay too much CA. Those pics have bucketloads of CA.

I know! :( But am sure you're saying this cuz of the Parasailing shot and the Hammock shots. The H2 by itself doesn't put out too much CA, but at widest angle with the widest aperture it's a fight with this camera. On top of that the wide-angle adaptor that's attached to this cam brings out even more CA and some of these telephoto shots were taken with the adaptor attached - no patience on my behalf to take out the WA lens and take the same shot. :)

Finally, all these shots have been sharpened just a tad too much to bring out the detail - I like the feel of that. :)

@Anish: Dude! I wanted to call you up or PM you last time itself, but I was on a business trip - why else would I be at the Taj otherwise. :D

Next up is a series from Palolem followed by Goa in the mad monsoons. :)

Payne

Back