The Photography Thread !

d_payne said:
Holy 'rap! :) Very neat. Made your own lightbox/whitebox contraption, not bad! 'cept for the last one all of them are just perfect.

And I'd guess the penultimate shot is with D40 - the really shallow DOF is great for the shot!

Good stuff man.

Payne

thanks man ...... we didn't make the whole box, too lazy for that ....

just some while calenders arranged hehe ....

BF1983 said:
Neat !

@ Payne_d : Why is it that you did not like the last one ?

thanks .... last pic was cropped bad but there was some unwanted background that y :)

Kumar said:
Maybe because it is not so real car like? It shows that its a model in that pic...kinda tacky.

yeah focus is also little out of place

BF1983 said:
That or maybe the picture is a bit tightly cropped. The door and a a bit of the front and back of the car is clipped off.

yup thats right

Man those cars are pretty detailed...even the break rotors are done pretty well :S

nice pics...where did you get those models from?

Was looking thru some old stuff on this lazy sunday evening and got into some pics of my biking trip to goa in 2006.....posting some resized , low resolution ones......btw these were shot from the Nikon E3100 and then resized by ACDSEE, the E3100 is the "best" compact 3MP cam i have ever used.......some shots......

hanzy said:
Was looking thru some old stuff on this lazy sunday evening and got into some pics of my biking trip to goa in 2006.....posting some resized , low resolution ones......btw these were shot from the Nikon E3100 and then resized by ACDSEE, the E3100 is the "best" compact 3MP cam i have ever used.......some shots......

Hmm i so wanna go back to goa :(

^^going with the theme of trips :D
from a gangtok trip 1.5-2 years back
all cameras on auto settings

NOTE:: i am a noob photographer and dont own a camera
borrowed a canon s2is from a friend and another friend had a panasonic fz20
(the fz20 has much more contrast and hence pictures generally look better with the saturated colours)

the pics posted here are taken by me...its just that my parents wont buy me a camera...i do have genuine interest :D

^^look at that rainbow!!

^^what makes it even better is that its from a moving car!!

^^the city of gangtok

^^awesome yak!! :D

^^check out its hat...just too cute :)

the above pics are from the canon s2is...now the last 4 from the panasonic camera

^^from a moving car again...cropping is not done so you can see some plants nearby

^^that lake is held there by a tiny wall (at the other end)...there is a steep drop after that..really awesome
also,it freezes in winter..when we had gone (october) it had just started snowing

road to nowhere

comments on my noob photography please :D

@Hanzy - Nice pics ! Wish I could go to my village there now. My favorites are the fourth and the second last one.

@pappu - What is a noob photographer ? If it is a photographer who doesn't know how the inside out of a camera, then there is no problem since my dad does not know the difference between Auto and Aperture Priority mode ! But his snaps are somehow much better than mine !

I love the composition of your snaps. The ones that stand out for me are nos 3, 5, 9 , last and road to nowhere.

Well, I've taken a different kind of photo, and edited it in PS.

Camera - Nokia N73.
Model - Converse All Star's (I love em!) belonging to me (black) and my friend.
Colored_People_by_djniks97.jpg

COLORED PEOPLE

"A piece of canvas is only the beginning for,
It takes on character with every loving stroke.
This thing of beauty is the passion of an artist's heart.
By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope.

We've gotta come together
And thank the Maker of us all.

We're colored people, and we live in a tainted place.
We're colored people, and they call us the human race.
We've got a history so full of mistakes,
And we are colored people who depend on a holy grace."

- 'Colored People' by DC Talk

ok people .........anyone who gonna say and talk abt the "noise" and wat not in these pix...feel free to come to my place and photograph these :p

i saw some bee's the other day flying in and out in the pot outside in my balcony window and i wanted to see what are they upto.....so i ended up balancing the cam slowly in my palm with one hand go lower and as slow i can .....and THIS...................

@Hanzy - Nice to see you experimenting with photography. These are decent shots. A bit soft but considering the conditions in which the shot was taken, it was quite decent. But it is very noisy..... :rofl:

But seriously you don't seem to know what noise is. Ill show you some of my (unintentionally) noisy pics. :ashamed:

@delirious - That shot was taken with a N73 ? Very nice ! I always complain that I need a DSLR to get better shots. :ashamed:

hanzy said:
ok people .........anyone who gonna say and talk abt the "noise" and wat not in these pix...feel free to come to my place and photograph these :p

Dude, that cat snap of yours had some major noise cuz I think it was taken at ISO 800 or something. But this one is crystal clear. :)

delirious? said:
Well, I've taken a different kind of photo, and edited it in PS.
Camera - Nokia N73.
Model - Converse All Star's (I love em!) belonging to me (black) and my friend.

Niiice. Very gritty and so darn creative. :)

@pappu: The last 4 are the best with the last one really capping it off. It really looks serene and lost. If you don't mind too much...I've taken the liberty to show you what just a bit of post-processing can do the same photo. :) Original for reference: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/573/p1020233ei1.th.jpg

Here you go, two simple 2 mins photoshop jobs:

serenemc6.jpg

serenesepianl5.jpg

Someone said you dont take a photograph, you make it. :) Try post-processing...it's good fun.

Payne

_pappu_ said:
^^hmmm ... never done any post processing before
can you tell me what you use and if its photoshop, which addons to install?

Well, if you know how to use Photoshop Actions, check out Browsing Photoshop Actions on deviantART for some pretty cool instant-postproduction actions.

If you don't know how to use actions, you can always google and learn. :)

Or you can do it manually, by playing around with the levels, contrast, hue and saturation, and maybe gaussian blur, etc.

The Actions method is the easiest. Just one mouse-click to do the magic. :D

^last evening i was left wanting for more optical zoom and a Dslr , have made up my mind to save some bux and get one soon .........a very rare occasion....

a and a Humming Bird together .....3x optical :) + 12x digital zoom :( shot.... :(...

Back