The Photography Thread !

ahh ! Finally I can see d_payne's pics. Awesome stuff mate ! What did you do to make the water sooo blue in the first set ?

The second set was almost as good as the first set. The panorama was awesome and I loved the tree line pic along with Palolem Beach. I am a bit curious though, I am from Goa and I have never heard of Palolem beach. Yet it seems to be quite popular judging from the number of people present on the beach.

@delirious - you're welcome !

@Andrew327 - Yeah nice bonfire ! Please post some more shots that you have taken.

@soggy - Yeah the dear shot was nice, I like subjects that aren't at the center but towards the side. But you chopped off the deer's ear ! :mad:

Haha... angles can be deceiving!! :p

This is me :

1135.gif

No... I don't wear nail polish!! Lol! :D

Dude!

First off, thanks! As for Palolem, it is the best beach in Goa for me. :D Mostly occupied by firangs, it's far away from the madding crowd of Vagator/Calangute/Bagga. Palolem is in South Goa btw. The perfect idle holiday!

As for the blue water, it's all photoshop color balancing. ;) The first set was taken in Feb this year while the 2nd set is from March last year.

Payne

Nice shots Payne. Loved the panaroma.

Damn... when I was in South Goa, we thought all the best beaches were in the North and hence couldn't visit them due to lack of time!! :mad:

DSLR's are always in a different level.Nothing can replace tht.

I had to sell my D40 because of lens problems.it wasn't easy to switch lenses all times.And no video too:(

Chaos said:
Test shots with my 40D... note the lack of sensor noise even at ISO 1250

Nice pic there Soggy. Really liked the first one ! :hap2:

@Chaos - Wow where did the noise go ? :huh: , I get noise in broad daylight in the darker parts of the photo even at ISO 64 on my Fuji 5600 !

Here is a one pic - (Note the noise in the background ! :mad: ) And this is shot at ISO 64 !!! :cry:

^^Reason enough to get a DSLR. But seriously... this camera is really spooky. The noise at ISO3200 is like the noise I'd get at ISO800 on my old camera. Plus it allows half stop increases in ISO, letting me play around more than what was possible in the old 350D.

Super stuff Payne!

Palolem is a really a brilliant place to shoot. Too bad the three times I've been there it was without my cam. Planning a photo trip now, but its really wayy down south, almost 50k's from my place!

There are more .... will post them slowly :p

No PS ... me and my bro cooling off.
Used fast shutter speed (1/500) to capture drops with maximum aperture (1/4) for depth.
Hmm used EOS SLR Film cam I wish I had D-SLR then :(.

@Soggy - Enough with the deer ! I am feeling hungry !!!!

@Siddharth - Nice pic Indeed ! And since it is from a film camera it is all the more better.

@Rambo - Oh no ! Not another flickr upload ! Why is it that every other pic I can see except those uploaded with Flickr ?

BF1983 said:
@Siddharth - Nice pic Indeed ! And since it is from a film camera it is all the more better.

Yes its good as far as print go but a digital copy of the same with same quality is difficult. One has to rely on the scan copy that the photo studio guy includes on cd.

I end up getting grainy pics after the whole process.

Back