The Photography Thread !

awesome pics by Chaos ..looks like as if the pepsi can has come to life..

nice pics Rahul atleast ..N 73's got a bettah cam then what my cell has.

i like photography but i dont have a digicam ..so just keep clicking pics from my Nokia 6270 cam...

here you go .do comment on the pics.

this were clicked using a friend's N73.

^^ thank you :)

..only if i had a better cam which could take more natural and clear pics. :(

i later realized that i shoudve bought a digital camera instead of a handycam ..when dad asked me to decide between the two.

a 25-30 k budget would be awesome for a digicam...but i thought video shooting would be better for foreign trips ..and my relatives and friends would enjoy videos more than snaps.

^ Shooting quality videos is not a joke and home made amateur videos don't really excite me.

For me a quality, well captured photograph speaks a thousand words more than a video with interference and background disturbance.

^^ i didnt know that..and once i got the handycam in my hand i realized it later that shooting videos isnt really easy..

now the handycams of no use to me ..still my mom uses it to shoot some dances and functions in her school ..

^ Convince your dad to sell it and grab the 350D for sale in the market section. Add the Canon 18-55 kit lens and your good to go :D

^^ wish i could do that :( but as i said mom's and sister wont let the handycam go..so i may have to wait ..for some more time and get a separate digicam

i dont think it will be good to start with a slr/dslr ..cause i am not used to digicams ..wouldnt it be better to start with a simple P & S Camera ..like the 570/710 IS or something ?

BF1983 said:
@Rambo - Oh no ! Not another flickr upload ! Why is it that every other pic I can see except those uploaded with Flickr ?
Its not flickr.it's all u can upload.

delirious? said:
I think you should remove the red from the background, so that only the tree is in colour.
Well i would love to do that.But I was playing around in photoshop when this happened.There is always room for improvement:eek:hyeah:

faheem_m said:
i dont think it will be good to start with a slr/dslr ..cause i am not used to digicams ..wouldnt it be better to start with a simple P & S Camera ..like the 570/710 IS or something ?
If you plan to start seriously get atleast a S5 or a Lumix.

siddharth_menon said:
One has to rely on the scan copy that the photo studio guy includes on cd.

I end up getting grainy pics after the whole process.
get the negatives scanned instead. u'll get much better quality. there are higher end (than normal consumer) scanner models that support direct negative scanning as well.

Thats what i used to do, when i was shooting with point-n-shoot film cam. I wud get the negatives developed and scanned and sometimes i wud take a print too. quality is waay better than scanning photos themselves.

Anish said:
If you plan to start seriously get atleast a S5 or a Lumix.

Yeah thats some good advice ! With any of the above cams, you get good pics and you can even learn a lot about photography than from a simple Point and Shoot camera. :)

TheMask said:
get the negatives scanned instead. u'll get much better quality. there are higher end (than normal consumer) scanner models that support direct negative scanning as well.

Thats what i used to do, when i was shooting with point-n-shoot film cam. I wud get the negatives developed and scanned and sometimes i wud take a print too. quality is waay better than scanning photos themselves.

Could you suggest any photoshop in Mumbai ? Cause I have tried major chain of PhotoShop in my locality but they all do the same, develop , scan pic and burn on CD.

I would like to convert some good pics to digital. I have taken many snaps on SLR-Film ... they good on prints but a digital version of the same would splend it.

^^ if u can afford it there is a low end UMAX photo-negative only scanner (6max at a time) available for around [STRIKE] Rs 45k/- [/STRIKE]..... oops its $200 now (Rs 8000/-):S (maybe cause films are dead.....)

See This link
its not recommended for scanning more than 15-20 negatives at a go (cause it gets very hot and the scans turn out with a nasty white line in them). If u do get it i recommend a scanning resolution of 600dpi - 1200dpi for excellent scans.

A lot much better models r available from HP but will cost considerably more.

here are some moon shots i took few days back with S3 ..... pics are without any tripods so little blurry ..... they also need cropping :)

2376019525_4aa0015dec.jpg

2376855440_01fa1e9e39.jpg

For full image size click here Flickr: RahulKool's photos tagged with moon

siddharth_menon said:
Could you suggest any photoshop in Mumbai ? Cause I have tried major chain of PhotoShop in my locality but they all do the same, develop , scan pic and burn on CD.
Call up a few photo studios and tell them u have negatives that need to be scanned (without mentioning the prints). I am sure atleast one big/good studio is capable of doing it.

siddharth_menon said:
Cause I have tried major chain of PhotoShop in my locality but they all do the same, develop , scan pic and burn on CD.
I would like to convert some good pics to digital. I have taken many snaps on SLR-Film ... they good on prints but a digital version of the same would splend it.
I think film negative have to be developed before it is scanned into digital format.
I mean, in the D&P, 'D' is to be done and since you are getting it scanned, you skip the 'P'. :p
So D>scan>burn seems ok.

Or are you saying that they D&P and then scan the P. :|
Check if they are resizing or compressing the pics for some reason- like fitting all images on a CD or saving some disk space or something like that. (or maybe extracting low qual scans or have improper/outdated equipment) :ashamed:
Meanwhile, i will check with a friend. :)

Back