The Photography Thread !

How did you get this milky way + day light??
Multiple slow exposures combined and blended in with a star trails software program. Number of free ones out there.

The selfie bit is the easiest, its like frame 1 out of 100+. he only held that light for like 30s.

It's a nice idea and to do it during a long power cut in the town was inspired. No need to go out to leh, 99% of ambient light all gone. Find the north star, set up tripod, click click.

I am going to Leh this wknd. Hoping to get some shots of the milky way....
Dress well, you will be cold

Multiple slow exposures combined and blended in with a star trails software program. Number of free ones out there.
The selfie bit is the easiest, its like frame 1 out of 100+. he only held that light for like 30s.
It's a nice idea and to do it during a long power cut in the town was inspired. No need to go out to leh, 99% of ambient light all gone. Find the north star, set up tripod, click click.
Dress well, you will be cold
I hope @kundya can reply what he used for that particular shot.
Also I am aware of the other shots and techniques you have mentioned above. I am not going to Leh just to take a shot of the star trails or milky way. I am going there for the marathon next week and sight seeing and photography is added bonus. If you had tried you would have known that shooting a star trail in the city and out in the remote mountains is totally a parallel universe.
Even in power cuts the city atmosphere has a lot of air pollution also.
I agree its easy(simple) but not as easy as setting a tripod and click click Anyways thats not the issue here.
My question was not about the technique as same result can be achieved by multiple techniques. I wanted to know how he did it. :)

Hello,
its a single exposure, was taken just before the moon rise, the mountain is illuminated by the moon.

although I've edited the image twice,
once for the mountain second time for the milky way.
September is the best season to capture milky way in Northern Hemisphere.
try few softwares like stellarium, Google sky map, Sky Safari to locate the milky way.

Happy shooting.

Hello,
its a single exposure, was taken just before the moon rise, the mountain is illuminated by the moon.

although I've edited the image twice,
once for the mountain second time for the milky way.
September is the best season to capture milky way in Northern Hemisphere.
try few softwares like stellarium, Google sky map, Sky Safari to locate the milky way.

Happy shooting.
Thanks. I have downloaded Stellarium. Hoping for the best :)

the shot is phenomenal, although, IMO, the wires and the vegetation (especially the yellowish light on them) is a bit distracting. :)
Thank you.
Returning for a trek, late at night, we were in real hurry. Made this shot when everybody stopped for a loo break. This was going to be just a photograph for the sake of a photograph, but then this meteor showed up. Meteor and it's intersection with wire made me like it.
Light on the vegetation is from vehicles on the road. Didn't bother to Photoshop the wires. My Photoshop skills suck anyway.

Thank you.
Returning for a trek, late at night, we were in real hurry. Made this shot when everybody stopped for a loo break. This was going to be just a photograph for the sake of a photograph, but then this meteor showed up. Meteor and it's intersection with wire made me like it.
Light on the vegetation is from vehicles on the road. Didn't bother to Photoshop the wires. My Photoshop skills suck anyway.

it good even without PS.

actually, the wire does bring some perspective in the pic. but it would be better if there were some wire posts to give some anchor to the wire.

"Mor Pankh" Peacock feather like Diwali Cracker.
Nice idea :)
Thanks.
Was trying to shoot the fireworks we were bursting but made a rookie mistake of shooting them from right below.... As expected most of them were not usable pictures but couple of them were really good. This one was the best.

Thanks.
Was trying to shoot the fireworks we were bursting but made a rookie mistake of shooting them from right below.... As expected most of them were not usable pictures but couple of them were really good. This one was the best.
What shutter speed did you use here ?

Also there is no smoke visible at all.

What makes it work is the crop and image realignment, i imagine this thing was on the ground and gives out a fountain effect.

Exif info in the link of the photo...This was up in the sky... those big crackers which go up and burst... one of those....

ok got it

EXIF
------
Camera : Canon 700D
Lens : Canon EFs 18-135mm STM
Focal Length : 35mm
Shutter Speed : 2.5 s
Aperture : f/10
ISO : 100
Tripod Mounted.

This is one lucky shot. At that speed getting a moving target up in the sky...

Guys i need experts help. I have my personal diaries for last 5 years. Due to some personal issues i need to throw them/burn/get rid of it in whatever way possible. I want to take pictures of these 6 diaries in all possible ways before i throw them away:(. I currently own canon 600D with kit lens (18 - 55mm)which i got a day back.Could you guys suggest some ways i can take the pictures of these books with the kitlens and some DIY lighting methods.The covers are coming okish but the pages with my hand writing are not that good. Wonder how to keep the lighting uniform through out the pictures.Please help.

Let me guess...
These are your personal diaries with all kind of stupid and honest stuff written... and now you are getting married and dont want your to be to see that....

Anyways...
Your personal matter ;-)

I would say better scan it at a professional center. The speed of those machines is very high and you just need to stack all the pages loose....
Else buy a scanner at home and scan it that is very slow...
or setup a desk with your camera mounted on a tripod overlooking the table as a table lamp
keep pages below and shoot... Induce good light in the scene by using a CFL or so...
Set your camera on AV mode check various settings to see which suits your scene...
Start the job....

Back