The Photography Thread !

elendil said:
Man, the pics here keep on getting better !!
I'm assuming guys with DSLR's will post only pics which they feel are really worth posting.. Composed right with the correct lighting... blah blah.. which is brilliant coz then only the best photos feature here... and man, are they good !!

Not necessarily. Am guessing once I get my dSLR, I'll continue posting like crazy. :eek:hyeah:

Payne

^^ Thats the spirit !!! So which DSLR are you planning to get ? Sony ? (You already have Sony P&S digital camera, Sony phone, so why not Sony DSLR ?)

Super Guys!

You are Expert in the field.

@Anish

I assume you are a Photographer by profession becuase the quality of shots Superb. Maybe a Fashion photographer roaming between 15 scantily clad Babes:p

Ank1t said:
^ Yeah he is a nude art photographer. These other photos are taken when he has no assignment at hand.

j/k Anish : )

That's to good to be true:lol:

Clarification: i was joking in previous post.

Ank1t said:
^ Yeah he is a nude art photographer. These other photos are taken when he has no assignment at hand.

j/k Anish : )

You mean in hand. :D

Before I get blamed for a non-photo post, here's an old photograph just to keep this thread busy. :)

Silhouette against the sunset - Sony H2, 432mm
386750485_bb1d3f9bc6_o.jpg

Payne

Gaurish said:
@Anish

I assume you are a Photographer by profession becuase the quality of shots Superb. Maybe a Fashion photographer roaming between 15 scantily clad Babes:p
Ank1t said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish, I wish guys! :bleh:

@ Gaurish - I'm doing my First Year Mech Engg, just for the record :D

@ Super silhouette payne, you've brought the sky out beautifully! :)

And as for posting few pics, its a pain processing RAW once you start shooting on a SLR payne :p

d_payne said:
WARNING HUGE POST!​

Well. As promised, here's my next upload from Goa. But this has a bit of a twist.

All the photographs that follow below have been taken with my Sony Ericsson K790i Cameraphone

Good stuff Payne!

I thought 'Holy Place', 'Boats on Miramar 3', 'Miramar at Dusk' and 'Locked Faith' were excellent.

Like the concept behind 'Locked Faith'. Seemed like my kind of stuff. :)

Intriguing shot as always Delirious, a bit more polished then your recent ones. :)

Gaurish said:
whats kind of editing is required after taking of shot?

I'd guess he adjusted the Curves or Levels first to get the high-contrast look and then converted it into BlacknWhite.

Converting to B&W is not just about removing colors (Ctrl+Shift+U Desaturates the entire image), but by getting the B&W to your liking. The most useful method to convert into B&W in Photoshop is to:

1. After adjusting the Curves/Levels of the image and finalizing the look, go to Layers>New Adjustment Layers>Channel Mixer.

2. Click Ok there to open the New Channel Mixer layer window.

3. Here tick the Monochrome tick-box at the bottom and the image will immediately turn Monochrome (B&W) with default values.

4. After this you can play with the values of Red, Blue, Green channels to achieve the final look you want. :)

5. Before you start this process, you can always go to the Channels Toolbar (beside the History or Layers toolbars usually), and turn off RGB and then turn individually Green, Blue and Red to see what type of B&W gives the best look.

If you guys want I'll put in a small article in the Guides for this. :)

Payne

BF1983 said:
Wow nice stuff ! But yeah, do share your secret of Photoshop.

And congo on upgrading from a N73 to the W960i !
Thanks a lot! :)

Actually the N73 wasn't mine. I upgraded from a w550i to the w960i. SE for life! :D

As for my 'PS secret', lol, sometimes I do what payne said, sometimes I use some actions downloaded from deviantart. Sometimes I modify some actions, do this and that, until I get the look I desire. For this pic, I also used some blur (lens blur/gaussian blur) to create some more DOF effect.

@payne, do create the guide! Black n' white is really beautiful!

@Soggy - Beautiful pic ! But how did it get so noisy at ISO 100 ? And where is the deer in the pic ? Can't see any !

@D_Payne - Please make the tutorial ! Will definitely rep the tutorial !

lol, i used "film grain" in picasa - i was going for an old B&W film pic sort of look...

Ps: The guy on the boat is actually a deer in disguise :p

Back