The Photography Thread !

Ah so you got the 100 2.8 eh!

I dunno but I don't seem to find it very sharp in #2, try f/8 maybe.

#3 is great! Almost L quality sharpness, very impressive!

I'm assuming #1 is with the Tokina, sharp and bright as usual, good one, very nice perspective.

Hmm I take back my statement that guys should post more snaps ! I started clicking in RAW mode yesterday and I got fed up doing post processing on all of them.

I must really salute d_payne for doing PP on all his snaps and posting them, I for one will use RAW mode for very selective shots henceforth.

@Chaos - Yeah like others, I too like #2 snap though as Anish claims its not sharp. But I suppose that adds weight to d_paynes choice of the A300. IS with ANY lens ! Me too thinking of going for a Pentax system instead of my planned 40D purchase.

BF1983 said:
I must really salute d_payne for doing PP on all his snaps and posting them, I for one will use RAW mode for very selective shots henceforth.

Uhh no need for the salute. It's really a simple 4-step process:

1. Put all photos from digicam onto a folder in HDD and run Windows Slideshow.
2. Keep pressing Delete on all the stuff I dont like.
3. Run all the remaining stuff on my simple PP techniques - Levels, NR, USM. Don't spend more than a couple of minutes on any one snap.
4. Post on flickr, TE, dpr, wherever. :)

The downside to this is that its impossible to do when you have a LOT of keepers, and the damn H2 gives me a lot of those. :p

Since TheMask will move these posts away if there aren't any snaps in them, here's one from the Guide. :D

Street show in Paris
2414815951_076c4cda00.jpg

Taken at around 7-8x zoom on the Sony H2. Subject centered but I wanted the background crowd to appear in the snap. Lens blur was a pain to add but was worth it for the portrait. :) Spent around 10 minutes on this snap.

Payne

BF1983 said:
Hmm I take back my statement that guys should post more snaps ! I started clicking in RAW mode yesterday and I got fed up doing post processing on all of them.

@Chaos - Yeah like others, I too like #2 snap though as Anish claims its not sharp. But I suppose that adds weight to d_paynes choice of the A300. IS with ANY lens ! Me too thinking of going for a Pentax system instead of my planned 40D purchase.

The trouble really is that one doesn't know which shots are keepers when taking them. So you really can't select. If you have a big enough memcard shoot RAW+JPG :p.

^^ Yeah, but I have a Fujifilm 5600 which doesn't have a RAW + JPG. What I meant was that for general photos like family pics and stuff ill use JPEG and for other shots ill switch to RAW.

But, by the end of the ear ill switch to a Pentax DSLR system. The only thing i don't like about Pentax is that they don't use Li-on batteries. (The budget cams)

@d_payne - Didn't see your pic thanks to office firewall. Its really good ! Must say well worth the 10 odd minutes you spent on it.

@Soggy - I liked your pic much better without that grain. But thats my opinion only ! :bleh:

Here are a couple of pics from Gorai beach in Mumbai. Done some PP on them like colour saturation, contrast and sharpening.

Repeat after me -"You did not see ANY CA here" :ashamed:

Can you spot ANY noise in this pic ? I sure can't :rofl: I know the image is very soft, but this was shot at 380mm and the Fujifilm S5600 is very soft at 380mm. I am just dying to get a DSLR to offset both these issues (noise and telephoto sharpness)

some pics clicked by me @ marine drive,mumbai..

camera was a friend's Sony DSC T-20

^^ i just loved this pics...but damn i think either my or someone else's hand came in between..:(

Nice pics BF1983 & Fah33m

here's one of Rex(my dog)

i increased shadows to max in picasa

the DOGFather .... :p <as per my perception, ppl sitting in shadows are mob bosses :p >

d_payne said:
WARNING HUGE POST!​

Well. As promised, here's my next upload from Goa. But this has a bit of a twist.

All the photographs that follow below have been taken with my Sony Ericsson K790i Cameraphone. There has been a lot of post-processing done, I am not shying away from saying that. But the work has only been in the following areas - Levels, Curves, Shadows/Highlights Adjustment, Sharpening, Noise Reduction (NeatImage), Color tones/corrections and in some cases, noise addition through Photoshop CS3.

Why these snaps? 'Cuz they show that you don't need a great camera to produce decent photographs. It's more about the availability of the camera at hand when you need it. When we went to these places, it was peak monsoon in Goa and as anyone from Goa knows, goan monsoons are nuts. There was no other piece of electronics on us apart from our cellphones...and here's where this great phone comes into its own. :)

I admit none of these will print out large - a max of 4"x6" for any of these snaps (most of these are 2MP to save space on my 1GB card which stores music too). But for me, the fact that I atleast have a web collection of Goa in the monsoons is good enough. Enough talk, onto the photos.

http://www.techenclave.com/755432-post651.html

http://www.techenclave.com/755443-post652.html

Same phone.

whart sort of PP do you do ? Which software ? Can you give me step by step instructions ? am a noob.

I got some better macro shots in Malaysia. Will post that soon

I hate grains!! Spoils everything!! Uff!

I've had this concept in my mind for a while. If only I had a better pic. :( Hence the small size. That's my friend btw.

antony2smallerjd1.jpg

^^it's photoshopped right ? i mean how did you do it ? looks really nice and creative. !! :) your pics are always different and i like that

Back