The Photography Thread !

^^Well don't you know I visit the barber twice a year... i.e. everytime I go home my mom kicks me out of the house and sends me to get my hair trimmed :rofl:.

d_payne said:
@BF1983: Good to know. Hopefully it's constructive criticism. :)

Of course ! Cannot be taken any other way ! :eek:hyeah:

@Blade_runner - Really loved the bug's pic. The flower looks amazing. Beautiful colours !

@Udit - Thats mostly because P&S cams like what most of us have have tinny sensors and so pictures have lots of noise. DSLRs have much bigger sensors and hence are better at night.

Also at night we have to shoot at very low shutter speeds where camera shake becomes an issue.

@Chaos - Say just how much did you pay for that lens ? Or is it the same lens that your friend had ?

@Stalker - You know even I thought that was Taj lands end ! :rofl:

d_payne said:
Examples:
2432839915_2f9ed928f8.jpg

2432839913_8ce77af5d4.jpg
wheres your office that you have access to so much body wash :lol:

bottle said:
wheres your office that you have access to so much body wash :lol:

I work for one of those companies that make those products. :eek:hyeah: Guess which one? :p

In other news>> I'M MOTM! WHAT THE! :clap:

Gee thanks ppl! Should I prepare a thank you speech? :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

:ashamed: :clapping:
Payne

@Anish: You had to get it wrong and follow Murphy's law dint you? :D Tch tch.

@soggy: Where is that? (Germany is what google tells me :D)!
As for the photo itself, this is where Photoshop comes in. :)
As you can clearly see the cathedral is completely darkened and almost looks like a silhouette. There isn't much you can do at the spot other than building a HDR shot through multiple-exposures.

But what you CAN do back at your computer is use Photoshop's Shadow/Highlights tool to darken the sky and lighten the cathedral. It doesn't look perfect and has ugly halos, but at least it conveys a better look.

Here's your image after doing a Shadows/Highlights. Whole process time? Less than a minute on my laptop. :) Its a shoddy job, but if care is taken...it can look muchh better.

Soggy's Cathedral
DSCN0304_.jpg

Hope this helps.
Payne

d_payne said:
@Anish: You had to get it wrong and follow Murphy's law dint you? :D Tch tch.
Well I took it the logical way, thought that ITC with its newly launched Brands under the Wills Lifestyle trademark would hire IIM post-grads like mad to market :bleh:

So its Palmolive then eh?

Hehehe. Newly launched brands? Not an FMCG enthusiast are you? :D It's Colgate-Palmolive, but that's a matter for another conversation altogether. :) Stop crappin' the thread! :p

Payne

Well he's advertising Palmolive products so obviously its gotta be Colgate-Palmolive :rofl:. Had a friend from college who joined Colgate after a couple of years at IIM-B. We used to call her a Soap Seller :rofl:.

payne - thanks for the touchup advice, i just "acquired" Photoshop CS3, will be experimenting a lot :)

Takes me back 8 years, when I was first introduced to photoshop - used to touch up the lips of scantily clad women :p

Back