The Photography Thread !

Nice pics Alchemist. Liked the lamp pic. For the macro shots, why don't you try a lower f number like f2.8 instead of the f4.5 you are currently using. It will give you a nice narrow depth of field.

You should try using PP to sharpen your snaps a bit. They are a bit soft IMHO.

Well Judged payne.:)

s8000fd is limited to f4.5 at full zoom, but that doesn't bother me much, it takes good pictures and thats all i need.:D

@gaganjain : I'll try posting the pics in lower resolution, but i don't think you'll see the same level of detail in those.

BTW; Thanks Guys, for your appreciation and suggestions.:)

hey Chaos is this you and your ride ?

found this on imgx.org :p and i was like this looks like Chaos...

by da way whos the one sitting beside you and who clicked the pic ..

and one last thing..why are you wearing a helmet ?

hope you dont mind me posting this

^ Lololol that is 110% his car, damn even the number isn't edited :rofl:

Now only he can explain wtf was going on there hahah!

:hap2: :hap2: :hap2: Got my new digicam yesterday.. a new Panasonic Lumix FZ8 bought from Alfa along with a 2GB SD card for 13.1 K bucks... This is my first big upgrade from a routine P & S cam I had been using for 5 years straight..
Awaiting a critical review, some useful tips and suggestions..! Links to some good materials and guides would be appreciated.. :)

Centre table at my home...! Taken with flash..

Without flash..!

The following three images are of sunset taken from inside my room, with almost maximum zoom...!

All the pictures above had to be resized to 50% their original size using Irfanview to reduce the file size. No other editing done..!

@kkshiere - Lovely silhouettes ! Lovely warm colours. Good work. Keep posting more. And thats a damm good camera BTW. Congrats !

BF1983 said:
@kkshiere - Lovely silhouettes ! Lovely warm colours. Good work. Keep posting more. And thats a damm good camera BTW. Congrats !

Thanks for the words of appreciation..! I'm already very much in love with my camera :D :D Can you provide me with some good links for knowing more about the nuances of photography, and more about manual controls in the camera..?

Few shots from my side...

DSC00052Medium.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

Start.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

Wow shot 2 is very nice indeed!

@kkishere - Best way to start experimenting yourself with manual controls. Best way to find out what option changes what in the photograph. Try Aperture Priority mode and work your way to full manual from there.

Back