The Photography Thread !

hi all shutterbugs...
postin here for the 1st time...
i aint no pro...but theres sum pics i cliked an i like...
cam:sony dsc h2

trip to kerala

i jus love this one...postcard perfect...my current wallpaper
2q37rqt.jpg

tea plantations:
vo8vpj.jpg

ej7ukh.jpg

sunset:
2n9icut.jpg

edit:
my third edit for this post...
someone plz tell me how to put thumbnails...
all ive bin able to get is links, or full blown pics which waste bandwidth

i keep visiting this thread like once in a month or so, and am amazed each time....

As for the works of Sabun_TelPayne, all i can say is Whoa!

PS: Beech, Junior Switch is soon gng to ruin all your gizmos

^^ It's Body-wash_TE/Payne :eek:hyeah: ! Sabun is bad for your skin. :p :p Oh, and thanks - much appreciated!

@stellar: First shot veryyy nice. I have never been to Kerala yet, but I might be there nxt week - either Kottayam or Ernakulam. :D

Payne

superczar said:
yeah, right....
try calling yourself that in your nxt alumni meet :p :bleh:

Considering I'll be surrounded by Baby-oil, Bathroom-cleaner, Wall-paint,Bingo-chips,Room-freshener...it's not really that odd. :D

Payne

d_payne said:
either Kottayam or Ernakulam. :D

Dont forget to visit Willington Island; M sure u wudn take ur hands off the H2; :eek:hyeah:

Also see if u can head to Kovalam from Ekm, if the schedule permits u to.. :)

Considering I'll be surrounded by Baby-oil, Bathroom-cleaner, Wall-paint,Bingo-chips,Room-freshener...it's not really that odd.

the catch-all term for 'em all nevertheless is the sabun brigade :bleh:

j/k

d_payne said:
I have never been to Kerala yet, but I might be there nxt week - either Kottayam or Ernakulam. :D

Ernakulam's my hood! :D But I'm ony there during the weekends, as I work in Trivandrum.

If you're in Ernakulam, like another guy already told ya, Wellington Island and Fort Kochi are nices places to visit. Have fun!

sTALKEr said:
random shot of a collegue.. me thinks it came out nice :)
Very nice! Love the natural lighting and background, A+ for composition as well. A little soft, but some PP would certainly help ;)

Yeah Stalker, Soggy excellent pics ! Very nice composition.

@Stalker - Good to see you have gone back to Auto from full Manual. Now slowly start shooting with Programmed Auto where the camera will select the Aperture (f number) and shutter speed. And you can fiddle with the ISO settings, white balance and see how that effects the photo.

noobie q..

how do u figure out its auto? is there a tool for viewing exif info? i just right click and go to right click -> properties -> summary -> advanced

here is what i clicked frm my cam :) (at my home,a pic of tulsi [holy basil] that mom had planted ;) ) hope u all like it :D

@stalker: Great portrait man! Slightly blown-out highlights, but still near-perfect stuff. :) As BF has already mentioned, step over to P-mode - the easiest to use as well as the best of the modes IMO.

Also: I use Opera and a simple right-click>Properties gives me most of the EXIF. ;)

@soggy: Surreal photograph man! What color treatment - if any - did you use on that? EXIF says Picasa 3.0, any magic there we should know about? :) (Would have liked it even more if you'd got a straight horizon. :D )

AND, since I've gone 3-4 posts without a photo. Let me resurrect a few old snaps from my flickr album.

All of these were shot in available light at ISO 200-400 during a mime show on campus. I love the range of emotions captured. A few examples:

Shock
314636630_d36745901f.jpg

Sorrow
314636844_f3e69c02fe.jpg

Ecstacy
314636686_09119370b4.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!
Payne

Back