The Photography Thread !

@kkishere, TheAlchemist, Kumar: Niice shots. The standards in this thread are being set higher and higher! kkishere, the 2nd shot with the water-splash kids is unique!

Here's a short series from Phagwara, Punjab. Went there for a wedding, but I dunno if I should post any of the shaadi ka snaps. :)

#1 Suicide Point
2483108026_17cec61f4d_b.jpg

#2 Streets of Punjab
2482293923_c7e0128eb1_b.jpg

#3 No parking?
2482295361_0e118a3165_b.jpg

#4 Colorful textures
2482292685_2d42a5808c_b.jpg

...and my favorite two from the trip:
#5 Punjabi saree seller - Totally love the colors and the mood!
2482291845_5d74912f01_b.jpg

#6 Cooling in the shade - Rickshaw puller >> Modified the color of the turban to make the image pop. :D
2483109428_c198f7e7a7_b.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!
Payne

PS: JPG Magazine: Photos: "Chillin' in the shade - Punjabi style" by Joseph Radhik Vote for me! :)

d_payne said:
^^ Thailand? :-s

yup :)

hanzy - nice pics although IMO the colours are a little washed-out, but i guess some PP (if you are enthu enough :p ) should fix that

EDIT: #2 would have been pheomenal wih vibrant color

soggy316 said:
yup :)
hanzy - nice pics although IMO the colours are a little washed-out, but i guess some PP (if you are enthu enough :p ) should fix that

EDIT: #2 would have been pheomenal wih vibrant color

thanks for the comments ...would u please explain 'washed-out'...do u mean its too dull ? and please post some n00bs guide to PP'ing :) :hap2:

^ i meant that the colours are not vibrant enough for my taste :) - dunno about your cam, but my Nikon has - standard and vivid as colour options. I mostly use vivid

and lolz - i am probably more of a n00b than you, and I have done PP only in Picasa :p

but i'll try some PP on shot #2 and lets see how that goes :D

EDIT:
Bumped up the saturation in Picasa - the flower is more vibrant now - this is all my opinion - you may feel differently

@TheAlchemist: Great colors in those shots! Sorry for not commenting, I tend to skip over flower shots. :D :D And also I guess my office network blocked it. :)

@soggy,BF1983,hanzy: Here's my shot at it:

img1718pnwq3.jpg

Hint: I did not use the Hue/Saturation tool at all. ;) It's all curves and levels adjustment, followed by a little sharpening - the colors take care of themselves. :D

Will post. :)
Payne

d_payne said:
@TheAlchemist: Great colors in those shots! Sorry for not commenting, I tend to skip over flower shots. :D :D And also I guess my office network blocked it. :)

@soggy,BF1983,hanzy: Here's my shot at it:

img1718pnwq3.jpg

Hint: I did not use the Hue/Saturation tool at all. ;) It's all curves and levels adjustment, followed by a little sharpening - the colors take care of themselves. :D

Will post. :)
Payne

Before seeing this, I was thinking why spoil the natural colours! (orthodox/conventional way of thinking) Wonderful!

@Hanzy

Is it the flower of Canon ball tree? (also called nagalinga tree)

A photo to keep this thread alive:

Paradise docked
2516309653_bf98648817_b.jpg

Shot at the Dal lake, March 2007. This was around 7PM and my H2 was set up on a mini-pod for a 1/2 second exposure at f/2.8 and ISO 100.

Color-corrected and curves adjusted to bring out the background mountains in PS CS3. I love the still waters and almost mirror-like reflections with the hazy view of the mountains in the back.

Payne

Brilliant shot there payne. I'm curious to know if you tried to get the same shot with a higher iso value and a shorter exposure, because that would be what i would have tried. If you did, I'd like to see the difference.

^ Why? I'd always use the lowest possible ISO and the lowest shutter that's sharp enough. That's the only way you'll get the dreamy look.

Most people want a cam with high ISO to use faster shutters. Use slower shutters in everyday situations and you'll be shocked I tell ya. Its the easiest way of producing a creative shot.

Well i'm assuming it is a low light scenario. For that reason to want a bit higher sensitivity.

And it is a lake which means there is movement especially the boats (notice how they and the reflections are a little blurry), so I'd want a shorter exposure time.

That is why I'd want to see the difference.

At the end of the day, those settings did make a good snap. No taking that away.

Cheers.

Back