The Photography Thread !

^^ Well, the boats themselves aren't blurry cuz they're pretty much stationary. The water on the other hand is blurred and smoothened out due to the 1/2 sec exposure. Of course, I had the luxury of using even a 2" exposure if I wanted simply because of my minipod. :D

Here's how sharp (a 100% crop from the original 6MP image):
focuscb3.jpg

But honestly, even if I was to shoot this handheld at ISO 400 (~1/8-1/10s), it would turn out super-crappy thanks to my small-sensor camera - this is NOT an SLR. :)

I always prefer longer shutters and low-ISO for low-light landscapes - as Anish said - it makes for a dreamy look and ends up with the maximum detail from my sensor. The only place where I use higher ISO is when I have to shoot people and capture their expressions. :) (As seen in a previous post of mine.)

Btw, THANKS! :)

@Anish: I know it's over-processed, I never know when to stop. ;) Hopefully I'll be more conservative after my SLR stint begins!

Payne

PS: Vote for me! - JPG Magazine: Photos: "Paradise docked" by Joseph Radhik :D

Awesome pic man ! Don't know how you spend so much time with Photoshop. I just returned from Goa, but im feeling too lazy to enhance the images with Photoshop. Done a few though, perhaps ill post those later.

Ahh came with family so had to stick with them only. When I come with friends Ill definitely pay a visit, wanting to see that Canon D40 in action !

Payne - love what you did with the flower, and the "Paradise Docked" pic ain't too shabby either :)

Here's a bird's eye view of paris , did a little PP in Picasa - B&W, Auto Contrast and Shadows

soggy316 said:
Here's a bird's eye view of paris , did a little PP in Picasa - B&W, Auto Contrast and Shadows

Nice. :) I was right at that spot a few years back. :D It gives some great angles to shoot from.

Here's something similar to your shot just a few 100 metres from the Arc De Triumph in the centre of your photo.

2527803539_0ed77852b1_o.jpg

This is where it is:
2528624352_ce62828808_o.jpg

This is one of my faves, gives me vertigo if I look at it too long. :D

Upside down

2527803223_7ca556b9a4_o.jpg

Payne

@d_payne

I tried taking a 65sec exposure with CHDK. This is what I got (taken with a gorillapod firmly attached on a gate with no wind at all).

There is still a fair amount of blurr in the image eventhough I used IS and a 10sec timer to trigger the shutter.

I heard somewhere that IS causes problems when using a tripod with long exposures. Is it correct?

I have another similar pic with approximately the same amount of blurr.

@Kumar: No man, I don't think that's got anything to do with IS. I never turn IS off on my H2 and shoot 30 second exposures a LOT for fun. They're all tack sharp on my tripod. What I see in your shots is a clear indication of camera shake at least once or twice during the shot - must be wind or an unstable pod.

Here: http://www.techenclave.com/742658-post623.html

@gannu: :D :D :D Told you I love that shot. :D Still drives me nuts, I have an entire series of that though. Will post later.

Payne

PS: I ought to say, I never used to turn off IS on my H2. After all, I just said goodbye to my trusted H2 a few days back. :D

d_payne said:
@gannu: :D :D :D Told you I love that shot. :D Still drives me nuts, I have an entire series of that though. Will post later.

But this's ridiculous!!! :O hw did u manage to do that at all??? :rolleyes:

Tell us hgw u did it first!!! Talks later!! :mad:

Thanks payne, Ill try tomorrow for some better shots.

@Gannu
By Leaning over a ledge and cropping out the ledge (if it is in the frame)?

nice shots payne, Paris looks best in B&W :D

and that perpendicular shot - :O OMG! OMG! OMG! :)

The clarity is mindblowing, did you use a double jointed tripod or something? You can't tell me that the IS is that good that it stablizes the shaking induced by winds knocking you about as you are leaning over a high ledge.

@d_payne - All I can say is WOW!!! The Paris pic is so sharp its amazing ! And the vertical shot is giving me vertigo as well ! How did you manage that one ?

@Rahul - Nice effort ! But in future snaps try and avoid power lines.

d_payne said:
@Kumar: No man, I don't think that's got anything to do with IS. I never turn IS off on my H2 and shoot 30 second exposures a LOT for fun. They're all tack sharp on my tripod. What I see in your shots is a clear indication of camera shake at least once or twice during the shot - must be wind or an unstable pod.

Here: http://www.techenclave.com/742658-post623.html

Those shots are frickin' brilliant man. :goodjob:
Great work!

few pics at Kovalam Beach, Thiruvananthapuram

Beach:

Lone Lifeguard:

Lighthouse:

Lost?

not the best of shots, all pics have had some PP done in them; comments welcome :eek:hyeah:

really awesome shots ...d_payne and alchemist..

i am in love with u r snaps ,Payne :)

nice shots Masky ...even though there's PP in it ..shots look really beautiful

i liked the second pic ..and second last(light house) pic a lot.

by the way what kind of PP have you done ? and how does one make out if there's post processing ?

u need a sharp and experienced eye for that ?

Back