The Photography Thread !

Chaos said:
Its the film only. I didn't take any prints. Was scared than most of the images would be messed up. Surprise surprise just 3-4 were screwed and the rest of the pics were kickass.

If one is interested in black and white film, one has to live with grain and IMHO it enhances the old world look of the image. An easy way of getting rid of the grain is just to run a low pass filter over the image. But thats digital postprocessing :p.

What about C-41 B/W film? It was the last roll that I used.

Proper processing of C41 is a bigger pain. You can do it the normal way but its actually supposed to be developed via a different process. Yes it doesn't have grain but if processing is not done properly, the already low dynamic range gets compressed even further :(.

Plus I love film grain :p.

Here are few random shots i've been clicking. Still getting the hang of my cam..
(note - i've reduced the quality a bit to reduce size so that it'l faster to load)

Some bird shots. Using (almost) full zoom of me cam :)

Few toys i found

Some long exposure shots i've always wanted to take! :D

Here is my contribution.... you can use it as a wallpaper for a 19inch widescreen....

camera : Cannon s3is - exposure +1/3 - edited a little using picasa to make it bright

Image hosting
I plan to add this and others into my personal blog.... which i am preparing.. not ready yet.... maybe by third week of june it will be.... so i will be posting my pics here and also on the blog..... thinkjayant.. i have clicked loads of images... its time now to post....

did you like it....happy clicking.....

Hi guys, am totally absent from this thread. In fact, away from the online world overall as well. :) Jus a bit caught up...uh movin out. :D

In anycase, awesome pics from fl0ccy with his N73 - moody, story-telling compositions. Sexxy stuff! :)

Will come back to comment on a few more and with a teaser-snap of my "new photography device". :D :D

Payne

Ank1t said:
@fl00cy

what sort of PP did you do in the first pic?

I just adjusted the light levels, did some color correction and added a feathered inverted crop filled with black and adjusted the opacity.

@d_payne: Thanks.

Floccy, very nicely composed and processed.

One from a shimla trip last year.

img1421sb3.jpg

The Alpha
2558400939_06271df1d2.jpg

alpha (ăl'fə): The first one; the beginning - of my new foray into "advanced" photography. :)

In the shot: Sony A300K + Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Di II lens.

Payne

d_payne said:
The Alpha
2558400939_06271df1d2.jpg

alpha (ăl'fə): The first one; the beginning - of my new foray into "advanced" photography. :)

In the shot: Sony A300K + Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Di II lens.

Payne

Woah... Congrats & U certainly deserved one like this; :eek:hyeah:

PS: This aint the section for show-off payne; :bleh:

...and hence, new thread posted in show-off. :D So this ain't the section for "congrats" gannu! :D :D

That pic was posted for it's ummm..."creative composition through cameraphone"! :p :p

Payne

Arya said:
^ too much sunfeast pasta :p

Some random pics I clicked from my cellphone

its in the street next to corner house...they got some creative ppl living there.

another sign read "No Parking! We have cars to park" :p

1st shot is nice.. although IMO if you cropped out the bottom half/one-third it would be even better :)
Here's one from me...

oh, and payne - post a couple of shots to show us what your new toy is capable of :D

Back