DSC01899.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

BF1983 said:
@vijaycool - How come you decided to get a SD10 ? And how much did you pay for it ?

You meant my SD10??

Actually i didnt purchase it, i got it as a gift from my dad.. Dont know exactly its price..

However i've got a Nikon D40 (brought by me) which i prefer most of the times..

vinaycm said:
You meant my SD10??

Actually i didnt purchase it, i got it as a gift from my dad.. Dont know exactly its price..

However i've got a Nikon D40 (brought by me) which i prefer most of the times..

I don't think it is currently available. IIRC it was introduced in 2003, the second camera model with the revolutionary "Foveon" sensor after SD9.

Wow ! You have 2 DSLRs !!! Thats sweet !

Though I saw in the market section that you were trying to sell the D40. So I guess that means the SD10 will be your main cam.

janitha said:
I don't think it is currently available. IIRC it was introduced in 2003, the second camera model with the revolutionary "Foveon" sensor after SD9.

A good sensor dosent make a good camera.. The Foveon X3 sensor is revolutionary but not the SD9/SD10.. SD10 can give really good images, but its not a user friendly cam.. In that sense the D40 is really the winner, its plain simple to use & produce really good shots..

BF1983 said:
Wow ! You have 2 DSLRs !!! Thats sweet !

Though I saw in the market section that you were trying to sell the D40. So I guess that means the SD10 will be your main cam.

Actually i was selling that D40 becoz of some cash problems, but thats almost sorted out & most probably i'll be keeping it.. Even if i sell it the SD10 is never going to be my main cam, iam planning for something like the Canon EOS 450D or something similar if i sell the D40..

vinaycm said:
A good sensor dosent make a good camera.. The Foveon X3 sensor is revolutionary but not the SD9/SD10.. SD10 can give really good images, but its not a user friendly cam.. In that sense the D40 is really the winner, its plain simple to use & produce really good shots..

If you read my sentence, you can see it is exactly what I meant. In short, "a long forgotten camera with an innovative sensor.":D

So you can't sell it since its a gift from your dad. But then why don't you try to learn how to use it effectively. I am sure its still a great cam if you know how to use it.

I belive RAW is the way to go with the SD10 as the JPEG files are not processed well.

One request to mods and members. Since most of us access TE from office, image hosting sites like imageshack.us are blocked, and most of the photographs do not appear. Please use sites like imgx.org which is accessible to all.

BF1983 said:
So you can't sell it since its a gift from your dad. But then why don't you try to learn how to use it effectively. I am sure its still a great cam if you know how to use it.

I belive RAW is the way to go with the SD10 as the JPEG files are not processed well.

SD10 is a great cam for sure.. I've seen a lot of lovely pics shot by my dad with that cam.. But the problem is that no matter how hard i try, i could not get great shots with it.. Iam much more comfortable with the D40..

Back