The Photography Thread !

IMG_0614.jpg

I took this pic from atop the Foot over bridge near St Anns, Secunderabad. I didn't use a tripod, instead rested the cam on a an uneven surface.

Best viewed large!

Shutter Speed: 2 Sec
Aperture: 2.8
ISO: 100

P.S. This is the first time I'm posting a pic on this forum, so please do edit it (Size, et al) if it's too large! Thank you!

It took me around 15 days and dozens of mistakes to perfect the art of Panning! I clicked this pic on the Pashan Highway (Pune) on a beautiful Saturday evening.

Note: This is the original pic. I didn't edit it in any manner whatsoever!

wiseorotherwise said:
I took this pic from atop the Foot over bridge near St Anns, Secunderabad. I didn't use a tripod, instead rested the cam on a an uneven surface.

Best viewed large!

Shutter Speed: 2 Sec
Aperture: 2.8
ISO: 100

My town! :D It is too large for this forum WOOTW, at least on my modest 1280x800 screen. :)

You ought to resize the pic to around 800x600 for proper viewing.

As for the pic itself. Damn cool. Again, if you don't mind critique...try variations without the overwhelming yellow case of the halogen lamps. I've tried this shot soo many times and it's always disheartening to have the huuge yellow cast due to the street lamps. Whenever I find a spot perfect for a trailing light shot, I don't have my manual cam with me. :(

Examples:
This one captures the best of both worlds. Panning and light streaks, taken on the old greenland flyover near Lifestyle, Hyderabad. :)
64767681_2a9b19f261.jpg

I had only a maximum shutter speed of 1 sec. on that ancient Canon A310. Would love to do this shot again with my H2 now. From atop the hotel Anmol Continental, Hyderabad.
64766973_a4e210a347.jpg

Out.
Payne

PS: Sexy shots nonetheless. :)

d_payne said:
My town! :D It is too large for this forum WOOTW, at least on my modest 1280x800 screen. :)

You ought to resize the pic to around 800x600 for proper viewing.

As for the pic itself. Damn cool. Again, if you don't mind critique...try variations without the overwhelming yellow case of the halogen lamps. I've tried this shot soo many times and it's always disheartening to have the huuge yellow cast due to the street lamps. Whenever I find a spot perfect for a trailing light shot, I don't have my manual cam with me. :(

I had only a maximum shutter speed of 1 sec. on that ancient Canon A310. Would love to do this shot again with my H2 now. From atop the hotel Anmol Continental, Hyderabad.
64766973_a4e210a347.jpg

Out.
Payne

PS: Sexy shots nonetheless. :)

Thanks so much, Payne! :) I set the white balance as, "Halogen". I for some reason love that colour. The thing is, I should have increased the aperture to 8 and consequently increased the shutter to around 5 sec, that should have negated the slight over-exposure of the headlamps and the streetlights.

I loved your pic from atop Anmol Continental! Awesome!

skylark said:
AWESOME pics there!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Errr, thanks lady! Long time no see! ;)

nukeu666 said:

Thank you Nuke. I never tried Panorama, will try it out soon!! :D

wiseorotherwise said:
Thanks so much, Payne! :) I set the white balance as, "Halogen". The thing is, I should have increased the aperture to 8 and consequently increased the shutter to around 5 sec, that should have negated the slight over-exposure of the headlamps and the streetlights.
I loved your pic from atop Anmol Continental! Awesome!

You're totally welcome. Btw, I dunno if you'd know this but...decreasing aperture to really small value like f8 or f16 at night and increasin shutter speed results in obtaining that wonderful star formation of lights that we see in movies et al. I've experimented with this tons of times, but I can't find my better shots as of now. This one is simply an example, not an exhibition of any photographic talent or lack thereof. ;) :D

I shall put up the better shots if I find em. This is one of the Dona Paula-Miramar road in Goa at night. Nothing great. :)

1219229863_c59e82b8c9.jpg

@nukeu666: Wouldn't it be better if you cropped those panoramas and resized them? :)

Payne

Back