The Photography Thread !

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
2 pics taken from a Kodak P880. original size is 3264x2448. Amazing detail of the night pic even with the original 8MP file :D

night pic, 2sec exposure time, no tripod :D It was raining by the time I had taken the pic, so it came out really well :D around 11pm the time i took it :D

EDIT : I dont know photoshop :) these are original pics, just resized using MS Paint

SpitefulPentium

Disciple
Mar 18, 2005
Anish said:
Nice work, but could you show me a shot taken in India with the D80 EXIF intact? :)

ofcourse...
just came back the day before and currently sleeping a lot :bleh:

will get the things in order and post a few pics here. any particular subject?

@d_payne, thanks. worked a lot on the technique. took just a few photos each time but spent lots of time on each one.

@smith, great photos.

SpitefulPentium

Disciple
Mar 18, 2005
@Anish, here you are...

couldn't go out, so here is an indoor shot.

Attachments

• DSC_4927.jpg
    DSC_4927.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 154

SpitefulPentium

Disciple
Mar 18, 2005
nukeu666 said:
The big christmas tree in front of centralworld at bangkok

nice shot. but I would try to move around to get a better angle. the street light (especially) and person in the foreground are distracting..

is it a join of two (or more) photos. the person in the foreground seems to be missing the upper half of the body :bleh:

archish said:

a random shot outside my house

excellent shot. nice silhouette. nice detail in the cloud lining.

hanzy said:
Something shot last evening.....

this was really good. but you could try to eliminate the building and the wires from the frame. as i have done below

and since its a silhouette I have increased the contrast slightly.

hope this helps.

Attachments

• img0106ad2_mod.jpg
    img0106ad2_mod.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 92

Anish

Skilled
May 9, 2005
Goa, India.
www.anishsood.com
Something with the 40D at ISO 3200. Specs of noise visible, but still very very usable shot.

If you'd also notice in the EXIF, I've underexposed this shot by 1/3 EV purposely, so that noise is more clearly visible, but it still produces a very very usable shot.